FlavourArt aroma mixing percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggster99

Apr 7, 2020
Hello, so i just bought 2 bottles of FlavourArt (Juicy strawberry and Kiwi).
Now, my question is what percentage i should mix them with? I know a lot of aroma's mix at 10-15%. If anyone has any information on this, i'd love to hear it. Also, if you know anything about mixing the kiwi and juicy strawberry together, let me know aswell!

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Hoggster99

Apr 7, 2020
Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Hello, so i just bought 2 bottles of FlavourArt (Juicy strawberry and Kiwi).
Now, my question is what percentage i should mix them with? I know a lot of aroma's mix at 10-15%. If anyone has any information on this, i'd love to hear it. Also, if you know anything about mixing the kiwi and juicy strawberry together, let me know aswell!
%
Thanks in advance!
Kiwi is definitely stronger than Juicy Strawberry.

Are you making a simple kiwi strawberry mix? If yes, I suggest starting with Juicy Strawberry at 5% and Kiwi at 2% and adjust from there, depending on if you want one flavor to be the dominant flavor. You could add some sweetener too if you're into that. Maybe 0.5% of the Cappella sweetener.

If you're using them as part of a more complex mix with other components like creams or bakery elements, the answer is more complicated.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thank you for the fast reply! But isn't 2-5% really low for a mix? I mean it's possible but will the taste be the same as a mix of a different flavor vendor with 15%? It would be awesome if it'll taste good at 5%, meaning i'll get a lot more juice out of it.

All flavors are different.
One of my favorite tobacco mixes I use at 1.7% standalone, and age for 30 days. IMO, delicious!

Enjoy the journey!
I

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    But isn't 2-5% really low for a mix?

I mix Black licorice (FW) at 1.75 % for a standalone flavor.

Depends on how you're vaping it. If you're vaping at 0.5 ohms and 30 watts, you may find 15% of any flavor is way too much and it might even taste nothing like Strawberry Kiwi. But at 1.8 ohms and 10 watts you may find 15% OK.

If you can't find a Strawberry Kiwi recipe using the 2 FA flavors you have, then you're gonna have to wing it, trial and error.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    But isn't 2-5% really low for a mix?
    Nope. Not at all. FlavourArt flavors are much more concentrated (stronger) versus TFA/TPA or CAP for example.

FLV (Flavorah) flavors are even more highly concentrated than FA and require even less. MF (Medicine Flower) is more highly concentrated than FLV and usually require less than 1% in a mix.

but will the taste be the same as a mix of a different flavor vendor with 15%?
    Can't think like that with flavorings. With DIY you simply cannot do a 1:1 comparison using %'s between the different companies flavors.

As I previously wrote, flavors by some companies are more highly concentrated (stronger) than others. I have recipes that use under 3% total flavoring (MF + FLV). Friends I've shared those with have found them to be "full flavored".

There isn't a single FA flavor that I can think of that requires 10-15%.

I use FA flavors all the time. I've never gone above 4-5% with any of them. I usually go less in a mix. And a couple should never be used over 0.25%.

General rule of thumb in DIY is to start on the lower side with your %'s and proceed from there.

It's much easier to start lower and add more, as needed, versus going way overboard and tossing a mix.

HIC (HeadInClouds :() was the expert with all things FlavourArt. His FA flavor notes are excellent. He offers VERY sound advice. It's worth your time and effort to read those.

"Regarding percentages: 3% is a reasonable starting point for standalone use of most FlavourArt flavorings. Exceptions are noted in the descriptions."

Here are his last published notes in PDF format...

Attachments

• HIC's Notes on FA 171102.pdf
      298.2 KB · Views: 56
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread