Flavourart flavours

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
Has any one tried this place for flavours?

Flavourart Express shop

They have a very large range and according to their blurb it sounds like they sell the type that are considered favourable i.e. PG based, no oils, sugar or colourings etc.

This is what they say about their products:

Great for any application.

Ouf flavors are offered as water soluble and oil soluble.

Water soluble flavors are based on pharmaceutical grade propylene glycol and water. Average caloric count for water soluble flavors is 200 calories for 100 grams flavor. Oil soluble flavors are based on sunflower oil or triacetin. Average caloric count is 700 calories for 100 grams flavor.

Considering an average use of our flavors of 0.3%, the calories contribution in food by our flavors is between 0,5 to 2 calories for 100 grams serving. Let's say, calories contribution by our flavors is negligible.

Our flavors DOES NOT contain sugars, protein, genetic modified ingredients, animal ingredients of any kind, preservatives, sweeteners and colors. They are all gluten and peanut free. Great for diabetics, vegetarian and vegans.

I'll probably give the meat flavours a miss though :)

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I've just found this information Lu:

Water soluble flavors are based on pharmaceutical grade propylene glycol and water. Average caloric count for water soluble flavors is 200 calories for 100 grams flavor. Oil soluble flavors are based on sunflower oil or triacetin. Average caloric count is 700 calories for 100 grams flavor.

Considering an average use of our flavors of 0.3%, the calories contribution in food by our flavors is between 0,5 to 2 calories for 100 grams serving. Let's say, calories contribution by our flavors is negligible.

Our flavors DOES NOT contain sugars, protein, genetic modified ingredients, animal ingredients of any kind, preservatives, sweeteners and colors. They are all gluten and peanut free. Great for diabetics, vegetarian and vegans.
Flavourart Express shop

So no sugars, colours or oil in the water based ones.

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
Lol - I'd already provided that information in my OP :)

I've ordered some flavours from them now. I've gone for 10 of the smallest 10g bottles and some pipettes. Express shiping to UK is 19 euros and VAT is 20%. I'll let you know how the order goes.

Flavourart Express shop

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
No worries Kate. I've gone for a fairly savoury nut based selection. A lot of the flavours I like seem to have nutty taste so planning to experiment with them and some tobacco absolute. Here's what I've ordered:

Barley flavour
Caramel flavor
Cocoa flavor
Cola flavor
Cherry flavor
Hazelnut toasted flavor
Honey flavour
Licorice flavor
Pine seeds flavour
Walnut flavor
Coconut flavor

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH

Flavourart Express shop

They have fried bacon flavor got to try that :)lol

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
My order from this company arrived today. I placed the order at the weekend so not too bad from Italy. They arrived very well packaged and by courier. I went for the smallest sizes they offer and they look to be 10ml each. Each label indicates when the liquid should be used by but there are no ingredients listed.

I'm not going to have any time to play around with these for a while but my first impression sniffing the bottles is that these are very concentrated flavours. In fact I could smell them before I'd opened any of the packaging. Whether this translates into strong flavour I don't know but I reckon caution will be called for. It's quite overpowering and very sickly undiluted, more so than the Lorann flavours I have. I've had to lock them away in a tupperware box.

Anyway, there you go. I'll report back on how they taste when I get a chance to mix some up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread