Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
i know this information is here somewhere but in an attempt to consolidate it I’d like to ask my fruity mixing brethren which FA fruits are your favorites? I just missed the ECX sale on them but we all know if you wait a few minutes they will have another. I need some more FA juicy strawberry and I really enjoy FA’s offerings so next sale I want to load up on FA fruits and fruit adjacencent flavorings so I’d like to tap your expertise, please tell me your favorite Flavourart fruit and fruit friendly flavors. Thank you for your participation.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I really like the Fa forest fruit. It takes about a week to steep and i use about 2% in a stand alone juice. It can also be mixed with other fruits but i dont see a need to do that.
Jmho
:)
Thank you for your reply, Forest fruit is one I have and I enjoy. It is good as a stand-alone which is how I mix it but closer to 5%. I have a strawberry, forest fruit, and a citrus mix I keep making. I vape alone but when I feel adventurous I’ll mix them in the tank, or Squonk bottle. Those three work well together which is how I mix/vape. I make a couple of mixes that work well together and occasionally mix them together to keep things interesting. Juicy strawberry, forest fruit, and lime tahity(cold pressed) are the three FA fruit flavorings I currently have. I’m going to get some FA fresh cream because I’ve heard good things and should work well with fruits but please my fellow DIYers let me know what other fruits FA makes that I need to try.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    FA Raspberry - extremely authentic tasting. I found it was like a just picked raspberry that was 80% ripe. It's juicy as well. It does have floral notes, which steep out. The higher you go in percentages, the more floral it gets.

Start at 0.5% up to 1% in a mix.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thank you for your reply, Forest fruit is one I have and I enjoy. It is good as a stand-alone which is how I mix it but closer to 5%. I have a strawberry, forest fruit, and a citrus mix I keep making. I vape alone but when I feel adventurous I’ll mix them in the tank, or Squonk bottle. Those three work well together which is how I mix/vape. I make a couple of mixes that work well together and occasionally mix them together to keep things interesting. Juicy strawberry, forest fruit, and lime tahity(cold pressed) are the three FA fruit flavorings I currently have. I’m going to get some FA fresh cream because I’ve heard good things and should work well with fruits but please my fellow DIYers let me know what other fruits FA makes that I need to try.
    I make a tasty more complicated mix with Forest Fruit with INW Pineapple and a few other flavors, it's on ELR called Fruity Frappe. 2 other people like it a lot.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    please tell me your favorite Flavourart fruit
    Not a fan of fruit, however, here is a edited short list of the highest rated (first 3 pages) of E Liquid Recipes FA fruit flavors:
    Fuji Apple (FA)
    Peach, White (FA)
    Juicy Strawberry (FA)
    Forest Fruit (Forest Mix) (FA)
    Cantaloupe (Melone) (FA)
    Kiwi (FA)
    Lemon Sicily (Limone Sicilia) (FA)
    Dragonfruit (FA)
    Strawberry (Red Touch) (FA)
    Vanilla Bourbon (Vaniglia) (FA)
    Royal Orange Juice (FA)
    Florida Key Lime (FA)
    Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA)
    I believe FA is a fine manufacturer of flavors and just like any manufacturer, they have their strengths and weaknesses.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Thank you @BrotherBob and @GaryInTexas raspberry and Fuji apple, white peach, cantaloupe, not a big fan of pomegranate so I think I’ll pass on that. Red touch because I love strawberries, kiwi’s are great and I have heard good things about FA guava so unless someone says it’s terrible I may try that even though I’ve never tried one they sound delicious and maybe royal orange juice because I love me some OJ, the juice not the murderer. Thank you all for your suggestions so far and I’m open for more because I’m gonna wait for ECX next sale on FA until I order.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    09ty.jpg

Thought I would share this here: this appears to be a new mango flavor from FA. I guess it's unreleased as of right now but it's a pretty good mango, considering I don't much care for Costa Rica Special. It was forwarded to me through a friend whose husband works at FlavorArt here in Canada. I left some notes over at ELR and I have no idea when they'll be releasing it.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Some of my favorites from FA:
    *Apricot, great pairs with raspberry and useful at low % to boost mango and orange.
    *black currant, lovely dark berry, start low
    *blood orange, one of my favorite oranges, just plain good all around orange that plays nicely with other brands and flavors
    *Fuji, kinda juicy delightful apple
    *kiwis, bright and a bit tart, plays well with others
    *pear, not a strong pear flavor but excellent for adding juiciness and a light sweetness at 0.3-0.5%
    *raspberry berryl, just plain good, strong so start low until you find your sweet spot; mine is 0.7-1.5%
    *watermelon red summer, nice mix of natural and candy but like all watermelons needs others to make a whole
    *passion, good bright and has a little tang but can be difficult to find a sweet spot in a mix

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Some of my favorites from FA:
    *Apricot, great pairs with raspberry and useful at low % to boost mango and orange.
    *black currant, lovely dark berry, start low
    *blood orange, one of my favorite oranges, just plain good all around orange that plays nicely with other brands and flavors
    *Fuji, kinda juicy delightful apple
    *kiwis, bright and a bit tart, plays well with others
    *pear, not a strong pear flavor but excellent for adding juiciness and a light sweetness at 0.3-0.5%
    *raspberry berryl, just plain good, strong so start low until you find your sweet spot; mine is 0.7-1.5%
    *watermelon red summer, nice mix of natural and candy but like all watermelons needs others to make a whole
    *passion, good bright and has a little tang but can be difficult to find a sweet spot in a mix
    Thank you Letitia I was hoping you’d chime in being a self described citrus junkie and all. I’m just gonna copy and paste your post in my notes so thank you, thank you, it will guide me for the months and years to come. Lots a great information and extremely helpful. For the rest of you, Letitia has put you to shame, let’s try to do better. :lol:;)
    I’m just kidding of course, I appreciate any and all information you share.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I need some more FA juicy strawberry

GremlinDIY has it now in their SALE section, for $3.00 per 30mL bottle. Other strawberry flavorings from CAP, TFA, LOR, MB, and LB are 30mL for $1.00-$2.50 each. Their S/H is very reasonable, too, IMO. You can get (10) 30mL bottles of flavorings shipped for $4.

Sale

You can use the code "gremlin" at Checkout, too, to get 5% more off the price of any of their flavorings...even the ones in the SALE section.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    GremlinDIY has it now in their SALE section, for $3.00 per 30mL bottle. Other strawberry flavorings from CAP, TFA, LOR, MB, and LB are 30mL for $1.00-$2.50 each. Their S/H is very reasonable, too, IMO. You can get (10) 30mL bottles of flavorings shipped for $4.

Sale

You can use the code "gremlin" at Checkout, too, to get 5% more off the price of any of their flavorings...even the ones in the SALE section.
    Thanks for the heads up, those prices are nices. My fellow vapers come through once again to help me spend my money. If I had a nickel for every time you guys have caused me to spend money.....I’d use them to buy more vape gear.:facepalm:

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Thanks for the hot tip @JCinFLA, they only had 4 30ml bottles of juicy strawberry so I cleaned them out. 120ml for $12 is quite nice and I got some tfa ripe strawberry along with MB strawberry and Capella to try out.
    I also grabbed some white peach, raspberry and fresh cream FA at normal prices. Can Anyone tell me if FA fresh cream plays nice with fruits? Also a % to make a fruity mix a little creamy?

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Thanks for the hot tip @JCinFLA, they only had 4 30ml bottles of juicy strawberry so I cleaned them out. 120ml for $12 is quite nice and I got some tfa ripe strawberry along with MB strawberry and Capella to try out.
    I also grabbed some white peach, raspberry and fresh cream FA at normal prices. Can Anyone tell me if FA fresh cream plays nice with fruits? Also a % to make a fruity mix a little creamy?
    Fresh cream does pair well with fruits, kind of thin mouthfeel but unobtrusive. I tend to pair it with FA Vienna cream in fruit mixes. Vienna brings a smooth richness and mouthfeel to the party. For straight up plain cream with some mouthfeel I prefer HS cream.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread