FlavourArt Review: Tobakerrone (Pandoro, Tobaccos, and Torrone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antidevil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Pittsburgh
All right, there's no such flavor as Tobakerrone, although it would probably be delicious. Last week I ordered flavoring from Liberty Flights, and some packs of Clearomizers. After grabbing the 36mg unflavored during a sale at Gourmet Vapor, I'd been sitting on my thumbs about DIY juice. My package of flavors came in the mail today, and now is the time.

The flavorings are:
Pandoro
Torrone
Latakia
Virgina (I assume this is the tobacco type of the flavor, but am not 100% positive)

After listening to Vaporcast for so long (shout out!) I've taken to heart their advice about letting the juices sit for a spell after mixing, but my love of Torrone and Pandoro is stronger than my good sense, and so I decided to dip into the Pandoro right away. I picked those two in particular because I had purchased them previously from Vapor Bomb, and have never found them anywhere else. The flavoring on the Pandoro is spot on. It's a lemony/cakey flavor, very delicious if that's your bag. At 24mg on 3.7 on a 2.4-2.6 ohm clearomizer, the throat hit is very nice, and the flavor coats your mouth. Another big advantage is this and the Torrone both smell great when you're vaping them. The Torrone is similar, but it has almond and vanilla tones. It's based off of the Italian candy you've probably seen or tried yourself. I haven't dipped into it yet, but the smell is what I remember it to be, and as long as my ratios are right, it will taste how I recall, which is great.

The Latakia and Virgina juices are currently steeping. I will review those properly later on, but as a preview, the smell of the Latakia is different from what you know of tobacco flavors. It's spicy, very similar aroma to the Black Perique if you've ever tried that. It has a peppery odor, but it's a bit more complex than that. I should have waited to write the review, but I was very excited about making my first batch, and I haven't seen anyone else mention the Pandoro or Torrone flavors yet, so I figured I might throw them out there for anyone curious about what they were like. I'm definitely excited about the Latakia, because I loved Perique (it's an acquired taste for sure.) I can tell you that the smell of the Latakia lingers even just from making it. It is quite an aromatic flavor, as these all seem to be. For those who are curious about the Virginia, the flavoring isn't as easy to distinguish from the scent. I'll have to wait to straight up vape to give it a proper review.

As of right now, the Pandoro's got my definite recommendation. I love it, I've been fiending for it since I got the idea of mixing my own flavors in my head, and I'll probably always have a bottle of it around. I'll be updating the thread with proper reviews on the other three flavors. If Vaporcast is right about flavor steeping, it could be a day or two until they fully bloom into the liquid. This has me very excited about the Pandoro though, because even mixed right out of the packaging I love it all over again.

Antidevil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Pittsburgh
All right, I've given the Latakia a spin.

This definitely tastes like a variation on Perique. It's a peppery and floral flavor with some sweetness to it. It also has a slightly sour taste to it, not unpleasant but something unique. I am enjoying the flavor, as I did with Perique, but I think that like Perique it would be better suited mixed together with another tobacco flavor. I may have also added too much flavoring to my mix. Overall, I recommend this if you've tried and liked Perique, or if you want to change the profile of an existing tobacco recipe to make it a little spicier/aromatic. After I get the chance to try the Virginia on its own, I predict I will be trying to mix the two to find an interesting flavor.

Antidevil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Pittsburgh
I decided to mix the Latakia with some Virginia (half and half, more or less) to just re-use the cartomizer that had Latakia already in it, instead of trying the Virginia out on its own. I'm a bad reviewer that way.

I can tell you, when you give the Latakia time to sit, it does lose the hard pepper flavor, and a lot more of the floral flavor comes through. The Virginia adds a little more "body" to the juice. I'm not sure quite how to describe it, but I think it's the earthy quality that certain tobaccos have (slight caramel sweetness included.) The Latakia and the Virginia combined is fantastic, as I had hoped, and combined it is definitely an all day vape. I might add a little more Latakia with the next batch to bring out more of the pepper, but as it is right now this is definitely good. It's not deliciously indulgent as the Pandoro or Torrone might be, but those are "dessert vapes" for most people.

This combo (Latania?) is everything you'd want if you're looking for a different tobacco. Even if you aren't a big tobacco flavor user, I do recommend trying a little of Latakia combined with any of FlavourArt's other tobacco juices. It change your mind. It is on the sweet side, but the sweetness is interesting. I think it's almost double toned, probably from the combination, where there's a sharper sweetness at the intake and a more subdued sweetness on the exhale.

If and when I ever get a 5v mod, I will have to edit/update my review with how that experience is, as I have heard many times that higher voltages will bring out a more complex flavor profile.

To sum up so far, I give all of these flavors a high recommendation. Now, keep in mind they are my first flavors and this is my first venture into DIY, but the places that I have ordered juice from and loved have used FlavourArt.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this review. Also, to Papa Lazarou, I love the name. If you liked Perique, definitely give Latakia a try. I don't think you'll regret it. If you do regret it, I didn't recommend it. It was that other guy. Over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread