FlavourArts Tiramisu DIY mix melted my clearomizer ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sturner6

Feb 26, 2012
here
I just bought some Vision Stardust clearomizers. I really like them for mixing test batches of flavored e-liquids. I mixed up a bunch of samples using new flavors I got from FlavourArts the other day. Some were really good, some not so good, but the Tiramisu mix actually melted the threaded drip tip of the clearomizer! I noticed that the clearomizer seemed to be leaking and when I took off the drip tip, the plastic was melted and when I cleaned out the clearomizer the inside plastic was all cloudy. Apparently there is some chemical reaction causing this.

I heard there were issues with cinnamon flavors disintegrating the plastic on these stardust clearos, but I thought they changed to a new type of plastic. I have the "latest" (I think) version of these but then again, it seem like there is a new "latest version" of these every week ~!@#$%^

Just wondering if anybody has some input on this since I have a bunch of other new flavors I want to play with but sure don't want to be trashing these clearomizers as a result.

Any advice would sure be appreciated.

BTW, are there any of these that are made of GLASS, or a plastic that is impervious to this type of disintegration?? These "Stardust" are GREAT in terms of vape qualitiies, but I sure didnt like thinking that I had just been vaping liquid plastic!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Last edited:

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
Eeks! I almost ordered that!

I think you should let the vendor/manufacturer know it melted your Clearomizer (well tell them it melted whatever material it's made out of) I wonder what that flavor has in it that would melt it.

I guess you don't need to let them know but I'm still curious to hear what is in that flavor that would melt it. I thought most flavors only contain a few ingredients.

Last edited:

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I personally have come to the assumption that whats causing it is a chemical called triacetin that is used to make flavorings although I havent been able to confirm it. I let my supplier know about it however I dont order directly from TPA so Ive never spoken to them about it.

When and if I do Ill dig deeper but for now I keep couple of the ruined plastics around and test a new juice by putting a drop or two on it. Then after 10 minutes I wipe it off. If there is any discoloration or marring I know its not good to use that juice with that plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread