Flooding/Leaking in Hot Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I haven't spent much time vaping outside in hot weather, but this weekend, I was at an Irish music festival and had some issues, that I assume was due to the heat.
Twice, I found that my PV had juice leaking down the side and all over the top. When I took the tip off, the fill looked very wet. When I got back inside,I cleaned my mod and blew out the carto and it seemed to work fine again. I was wondering if this was normal and if there's anything that can be done. if this is indeed a complication of the heat and the increased pressure it creates inside the tank. Thanks

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Actually a full tank should in theory (and has been my observation) present less problems when heat or air pressure changes like going up over mountains. This is because air expands where liquid not so much. The higher VG would probably help some. the other thing is to go super light and long on the draw to try and vaporize more liquid than is being brought in. This can usually clear things up in a few minutes.

I dont have usually troubles but I take care not to lever my tank exposed to direct sun when its hot. Even sun coming in through the window in the car when driving I make sure it isnt laying where it will heat up.

Zeh, it gets hot here too. We have several months through the summer with near or over 100F that are sometimes pretty brutal. The orings are always a possibility, cannot tell you how many times I have seen problems solved by changing the orings though this is normally when a problem is persistent rather than attributed to an environmental condition. Still valid though in that a little air leak that doesnt pose a problem most times could be aggravated at other times. If it is an oring 99% of the time it will be the top inside one as that is the one that gets attacked by the cartomizer on every fill up and the bottom inside one even if you flip when changing cartomizers will be covered with liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread