Status
Not open for further replies.

Smocha

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
China
www.greenhouseone.com
If this is true, I guess they deserve it. That is inexcusable.

"The Florida Attorney General's Office is investigating a South Florida seller of smokeless electronic cigarettes following more than 80 consumer complaints that the company made unauthorized charges to credit cards, failed to deliver products and did not credit customers for returned merchandise, according to state documents"

Smocha

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
China
www.greenhouseone.com
I agree with this 1000million percent. SE did a good job promoting PVs, some say their prices were ridiculous but that is imo not their biggest problem. Scamming their customers is in no way exusable and this is their biggest problem (If true). I think this will cast a dark shadow on the industry as well as the PV community as a whole, whether or not they are found to be guilty. This is simply terrible press.

If the allegations are true, it's probably a good thing if they go away. We don't need this kind of negativity giving the industry a bad name and fueling the anti-flames.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa

"But if the e-cigarette companies won that suit, then, like other tobacco products, it would no longer be legal for them to sell their products online. Story says he argued that Smoking Everywhere should phase out online sales with an eye toward the future, when the products qualified as tobacco."

I don't believe the above statement HAS to be true and I certainly hope that if the FDA does lose the court case, they don't force the issue.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
In regards to Tom Francis's story on Ray Story at Former Executive Blew Whistle on E-Cigarette Maker From Weston; AG Investigating - Broward Palm Beach News - The Juice
internet sales of e-cigarettes won't necessarily be banned if/when the FDA promulgates regulations for e-cigarettes as tobacco products in accordance with the FSPTCA, a process that would take one to two years (after a DC Court of Appeals ruling agains the FDA).

Just as he told Tom Francis, Ray Story had repeatedly told me that internet sales of e-cigarettes would automatically be banned if the FDA regulated e-cigarettes as tobacco products. I repeatedly told Ray that he was inaccurately interpretting the FSPTCA, and urged him to carefully read the FSPTCA.

So if Ray's claim in this article is accurate (that he and Elicko both thought that FDA would ban internet sales of e-cigarettes if it regulated them as tobacco), it appears that an inaccurate interpretation of the FSPTCA by both of them may have helped cause the demise of SE.

For disclosure, I spoke to Tom Francis the other day about e-cigarettes, SE, njoy, FDA, etc. (urging him to write about the outrageous actions by FDA and anti-tobacco groups), and I referred him to Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread