• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Florida Law *Presently clear and sunny*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þornbjörg

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Tampa, FL
I did the rounds in the usual places.

Here's what I've found thus far.

There's no bills pending in the house pertaining to electronic cigarettes.

There's no bills pending in the senate pertaining to electronic cigarettes.

There's no bills in either's committees pertaining to electronic cigarettes.

There's no pending county actions pertaining to electronic cigarettes in Hillsborough. (Though this doesn't mean much, since ordinances have passed in the past at a single council meeting...)

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Þornbjörg..I have no earthly idea how to spell or pronounce that name..lol! had to copy and paste it!:)
Are you sure about the bills? I seem to remember after reading in the law area of the board that there were some bills pending. I could be wrong and mostly am.
California is getting ready to ban E-cigarettes. What a dufus thing to do..but then they also want to tax snack food and soda's like mad. Part of hubby's family live there..it's always umm "interesting" to visit them.

Þornbjörg

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Tampa, FL
Þornbjörg..I have no earthly idea how to spell or pronounce that name..lol! had to copy and paste it!:)
Are you sure about the bills? I seem to remember after reading in the law area of the board that there were some bills pending. I could be wrong and mostly am.
California is getting ready to ban E-cigarettes. What a dufus thing to do..but then they also want to tax snack food and soda's like mad. Part of hubby's family live there..it's always umm "interesting" to visit them.

The Þ is accomplished by holding down Alt and pressing 0222 on the numpad then releasing Alt. The English equivalent is basically a Th, thus, then 'English' spelling of the name is Thornbjorg. Its a character from history I admire (for my own reasons). If you want to try the ö its Alt - 0246. If you want to abbreviate the name to a 'short catchy name', then the easiest method is to say Thorn (which, coincidentally, is the name of the Þ symbol in the UTF charts). Sorry for being a pain, its always the first name I try in the event it works, and I revert to Thornbjorg if it doesn't work.

That said, the state house:
Florida House of Representatives - Bills

The state senate:
Session :Bills : flsenate.gov

Hillsborough county council:
Hillsborough County Government Online - Communications - News

There's a few other places to find things that are either upcoming or recently declared dead, but those are the best places for current events.

Oh, and the reason I said nothing pending is the name of the topic... "Florida Law 'Presently clear and sunny'. There are half a dozen states with it in current legislation review status, 2 or 3 that have passed it in the house, and I think 2 that have it going to governors in the near future, and CA has it on the 'governator's desk now.

Last edited:

Þornbjörg

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Tampa, FL
Oh Throrn Thanks for the links! That great!
How did you find out how to do the numerical letter thing? Is there a site or link that explains it? My son would really enjoy it.

I believe you meant Thorn ;)

The 'numerical letter thing' is simply inputting UTF character codes.

Click your start button in windows, select run, type in charmap and hit enter

Now, just look through the list, many have UTF equivalents and if they do, it will say in the lower right what it is. If you want to narrow it down, select 'Advanced View' then select Group By and change it to Unicode subrange... gives a little list box to make finding characters easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread