• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Flue Cured Tobacco for DIY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Hi and thanks for replying. I didn't know Seedmans. I found the site and they only ship within the US. Then, I found Blue Myst and they had it from Seedmans but they seem to be charging 15 dollars to send anything abroad (!), plus I didn't see Portugal in the countries they send their products to listing, which is amazing since they do sell to Europe and more, far more. Still, I wrote Rob, the guy in charge, and asked him about that - I also told him about the kind of Flue Cured I was looking for; Virginias do change a lot between manufacturers and I'm looking for the kind of thing I got, which I think is from Dekang, it's Chinese, that's for sure (and I don't even like the Chinese flavours generally; only this one is balanced: not too sweet, pleasant-sweet, great for dripping, not at all disgusting).

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Thank you! Well, maybe the Canadians will tell me they can't do anything about it. Maybe Blue Myst will tell me there's no problem since they ship to Europe (I just don't know how come they don't ship to all of Europe while shipping to "weird" Eastern European Countries and all). And maybe Helath Cabin will replenish their stock soon and then I'll haver to wait like for an entire month or so before getting my hands on a mere flavour... Oh, well. I guess, since it's a hard to find flavour (no idea why), I just don't have to make it a priority, relax, listen to some JJ Cale and lay back to the sound. :)

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
I finally got the Flue Cured (named flu for some reason) from Paradise vape UK. They didn't have it as a flavour but it was quickly added just because I asked. That's top notch. It comes in VG, which is, erm, different from the usual, and is sold in 10 ml bottles, but they don't charge for the shipping, so in fact it's rather inexpensive in the end. Now, hopefully it will be at least close to what I'm looking for...

Regarding Blue Myst, they never answered. And the Canadians were nice but realized they'd have to charge 36 Canadian dollars for the shipping, which would be frankly silly, and I agreed.

mcrt

Mar 12, 2011
spain
I finally got the Flue Cured (named flu for some reason) from Paradise Vape UK. They didn't have it as a flavour but it was quickly added just because I asked. That's top notch. It comes in VG, which is, erm, different from the usual, and is sold in 10 ml bottles, but they don't charge for the shipping, so in fact it's rather inexpensive in the end. Now, hopefully it will be at least close to what I'm looking for...

Did you like this Flu cured flavor?.I'm looking for a tobacco aroma for DIY,i tried tobacco absolute but i can't stand the grassy,haylike taste.
I'm vaping Johnsons Creek RedOak Tennesse Flue Cured (from Liberro UK) ,more like pepper and burnt caramel taste than tobacco though.Its strong(love it or hate it) and it does clog atties a bit but overall i'm enjoying it.
I also have some Flavourarts tobacco aromas but i haven't played with them yet,they smell awful so i don't expect much...

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Flavourart's Tuscan Reserve is fine, as are several others - and of good quality. TA isn't really supposed to be used by itself, I mix a little in some of my mixes (not much of a difference, though). I know Dekang's Flue Cured and I can say I love it. It has a nice TH and it's a bit sweet but just that bit, not sickening at all, maybe on the raspberry side or something (I always find it hard to describe the flavours). I don't know, it's really nice, but that's just an opinion.

mcrt

Mar 12, 2011
spain
I had read good reviews about Flavourarts tobaccos but believe me the ones i have received(cowboy,perique and dark vapure) smell and taste awful.Like a chemical vinegar,unvapable.
I did dilute the tobacco absolute,but even diluted and used in very little amounts i did not like it at all.Matter of taste i guess.
What i wanted to ask you is if you liked the flue cured aroma from Paradise Vape UK, i might order some myself.The owner is a really nice guy,i emailed him about Golden Virgin and Drum in flavour format and he said he would put it on the webpage on monday!.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Precisely. I couldn't find any shop in Europe that sold the Flue Cured flavour and even outside Europe it's tough and either they're out of stock or they won't ship it abroad (a Canadian shop, for example, would only ship it to Canada, the US and the UK and even though the owner was nice and tried to get the info on how much it would cost to ship it to Portugal, it was 36 dollars, which is absurdO or won't ship it to Portugal even though they may ship it to Bangladesh (this is lol but you get the point). On the day I spoke with James he added the Flue Cured to the flavour list. I thought that was rather nice of him. Now, I got the flavour today, together with a 3 ml sample of Lemon & Orange that's rather nice, in my opinion. So, I haven't mixed it yet. But I'm used to 100% PG and 16 mg nic and I'm planning on mixing 50/50 VG-PG and 12 mg (I don't know how much of the Flue Cured I should add; normally, 5% would do, much less for the Flavourarts's flavours, which are more concentrated) and hopefully it will still taste great. So, I'll mix it and try it. Then, I'll let it steep (that may be from just overnight to a week for I'm not entirely convinced of the one week's steeping need and some people even go as far as two entire weeks) and use it. Then, I may have an opinion. :)

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
Ok, I think I may have an answer for you but keep in mind it's only my first impression after mixing the liquid. What I did was very simple. I used a 52 mg VG nicotine bottle from MistEliquid, VG dilluted in 20% distilled water, PG and the flavour, that was all. James told me to do it just like that, no need to add anything else. So, I mixed 7 ml (due to the bottle I had), so that I could have my Flue Cured at 12 mg nic. Using a calculator, as one always must, I got the following:

a) in ml: 1,6 nicotine, 2,5 VG + 2,5 PG and 0,4 flavour;

b) in drops: 32 nicotine, 50 VG + 51 PG and 7 (well, I used 8) flavour;

c) in percentage: 23,1% nicotine, 71,9% VG + PG and 5% flavour (more or less due to the eighth drop).

It's cool. It tastes just the way I know it or at least it has to be very similar. The colour is lighter than Dekang's but that we'll have to see later on... And it has a nice TH despite the VG, it seems that mixing it in 100% PG is sheer nonsense.

I think you may order it. :2cool:

Last edited:

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
I'd just like to add a little something. After letting it steep for a few days, it smells as though it has a bit of mint, which is weird. Maybe it does... Still, mostly, I tried it again with a drip tip, just to see, and it seems to taste ok, maybe just not as "warm" as Dekang's. But this is nothing really. Later on (it's been five days already, why wouldn't that be enough steeping frankly?) I'll fill a carto and then I'll have a much clearer idea...

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
I pu my flavour to sale. Anyway, I'm expecting a 3 ml sample from a diffent Flue Cured, now in Cloud9 (UK) and I was told it was like the original Dekang's Flue Cured. The thing is: have I ever tried the original? I also ordered honey from Flavourart, so let's see what happens or even if it's needed for this particular flavour. I'll let you know if I reach a nice result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread