• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Flying Spaghetti Monster and atheist quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mossi

Feb 17, 2010
Indianapolis
I figure if I'm going to have a personal mythology that's completely made up, I want it to be more fun than traditional religious dogma (which is decided UNFUN as a general rule). Therefore, I join the (tongue-in-cheek) ranks of the Pastafarians. You know, the pirate theme just seems to be more fun and has more followers than the Invisible Pink Unicorn. Not to disparage IPU, but its followers are fewer, and hey, I'm a follower.

It's funny how atheism is still so hush hush. Like I have friends who have no problems preaching to high heaven (get it?) on Facebook, but god forbid (another, ha) I should talk about my absolute NONBELIEF.

Which is why it's fun to discuss FSM. Really, the theology involved makes just as much sense as theirs, and I can argue it just as well.

What's your favorite atheist saying? Mine:

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. -Galileo

jennlsnoopy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
www.myspace.com
If I was going to follow anything it would be FSM. I find it funny and interesting at the same time.

One of my favorite quotes:

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours". – Stephen Roberts

tranced

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree

This made me LOL.

tranced

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Me too! Needs to be a poster.:)
As you wish?
1199591470126.jpg

samuraijill

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Oregon High Desert
"We read the Golden Rule and judge it to be a brilliant distillation of many of our ethical impulses. And then we come across another of God’s teachings on morality: if a man discovers on his wedding night that his bride is not a virgin, he must stone her to death on her father’s doorstep (Deuteronomy 22:13-21)."
— Sam Harris

may you all be touched by His Noodly Appendage, Ramen.

tranced

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
Grand Blanc, Michigan
This one is for you samuraijill.
"This then, is how you should play: Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in the colander, Swallowed be thy sauce. Thy serving come, Thy strands be wrung, On forks as they are on spoons. Give us this day our garlic bread, And forgive us our starchiness, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss, And lead us not into Kraft parmessan, But deliver us from Chef Boy-Ar-Dee, For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. R'Amen."

samuraijill

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Oregon High Desert
This one is for you samuraijill.
"This then, is how you should play: Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in the colander, Swallowed be thy sauce. Thy serving come, Thy strands be wrung, On forks as they are on spoons. Give us this day our garlic bread, And forgive us our starchiness, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss, And lead us not into Kraft parmessan, But deliver us from Chef Boy-Ar-Dee, For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. R'Amen."
and now you may remove your full pirate regalia............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread