Status
Not open for further replies.

camaro73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Dallas, Tx
www.facebook.com
I know that you are not allowed to vape on a plane but are you allowed to carry your e-cig with you along with your juices? I will be going out of town in about 3 weeks and I wanted to make sure I have enough with me to last a week. I am just not sure if they would say anything about having all of my juices with me. :confused:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
All of my ecig stuff goes on the plane with me. In fact, I'm flying out tonight and have 150ml in my quart ziplock Baggie. The Baggie will be in the bin to go through the X-ray. My Provari, with nova attached and filled, lays on top of my purse. All my cords for recharging are separated and in different compartments in my carry on, this makes it easier for them to see what they are. I have empty Nova's as spares along with extra batteries in another ziplock bag. The two batteries are in their own separate Baggie so they don't accidentally make contact with anything.

I use a nice roomy, multi compartment laptop case for my carry on. Along with different zippered sections, some of those have nice pockets, zippered and non zippered. It fits very nicely under the seat in front of me, as well as having wheels for pulling around the airport.

Safety first, then make everything easily identifiable. The only thing I've gotten is 'I've never seen one like that' and the supervisor she called over said 'That's a lot of money right there'. He was a vaper too! I wish I could've spent some time talking to him. Imagine that, my first and only vaper I've come across was a TSA agent. :lol:

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
If you are flying domestic flights the TSA is well versed in PV's now. I never get asked about them in the States. When flying International though I do get some questions. Oddly enough China inspectors are the ones that usually ask "what are these"? In the Netherlands I have been asked to show how they work, not for security but because the three agent were smokers and I left them with all sorts of info and the ECF website :) Safe travels and do not stress

RadarLuv1

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
TX
I am a flight attendant. Try to only take juices in the childproof bottle. Otherwise you WILL have leakage problems, and that would be quite sad and icky. I use carto's as clearos tend to leak, so I haven't experimented with them. Cabin pressure is not good for us vapers.....You shouldn't be given a problem about batteries, just put you juices in a baggie so you are not deemed a terrorist ; )

As stupid as the no vaping on the plane rule is, just follow the rules while in public. You don't wan't you vacation jacked by the uninformed.

The reason the airlines state that they have this policy is due to the lithium batteries. Do I think this is a crock? OF COURSE I DO! I am a vaper. I also carry a cell phone and laptop, both of which run hotter than any battery, but I digress. It is what it is.

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I flew a couple of months ago to mexico. I hadn't been on a plane in about 15 years, and I had e-cig stuff with me. I thought for sure I'd run into some sort of problem. On the TSA website, it says that all lithium batteries must be carried on the plane with you. So I did. No problems departing from Minnesota. They didn't even search my carry on bag. The juice is fine on the carry on too. It just has to be in a clear ziplock bag and each container must be 3oz or less. That shouldn't be a problem with e-liquid as the biggest bottle most people have is 30ml, which equals one ounce. I also went through security with no issues with that. It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep the labels on the bottles, so it's clearly marked whats in the bottles.

On the way back from mexico, I did get stopped in security. They noticed something suspicious in my carry on bag. The woman kept scanning it over and over again. Then she called the TSA officers over. They asked politely if they could search my bag. I agreed. I thought they were worried about the four 18350 batteries I had. I was wrong. The suspicious item turned out to be my electric toothbrush. They pulled the toothbrush out of the bag, looked at it, and he turns around and yells to the x-ray girl, "It's just a toothbrush!" He was kind of laughing too. Then I went on my way.

I think people make too big of a deal out of flying with e-cig equipment. It's really not a big deal.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I'm also a little worried about leaks during altitude changes for an upcoming trip. I probably will only take 1 filled tank- the rest empty, but will need to take several bottles of juice. If the pressurization and depressurization causes tanks and bottles to leak, seems a micro Pelican case, like a 1050 would do the trick. The pressure release valve should keep the pressure constant, thus no leaks.

RadarLuv1

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
TX
I'm also a little worried about leaks during altitude changes for an upcoming trip. I probably will only take 1 filled tank- the rest empty, but will need to take several bottles of juice. If the pressurization and depressurization causes tanks and bottles to leak, seems a micro Pelican case, like a 1050 would do the trick. The pressure release valve should keep the pressure constant, thus no leaks.

The bottles from, say Vapor kings, are the child proof kind, You have to kind of push down then unscrew. That will be fine under pressure. I would not take any other kind of bottle. That juice is too precious to lose.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Thanks. I'm just taking a couple 30ml from Halo. They are the cobalt blue bottles with push down and twist to open tops. I would like to take a couple petite bottles from Alice In Vapeland, as well, but they are the plastic dripper kind- far too valuable to waste. I ordered a 1050 Pelican case anyway. In the case of an ocean landing, my vape gear will float to the surface, where I can retrieve it and vape for a couple weeks on the island until rescued.

RadarLuv1

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
TX
Thanks. I'm just taking a couple 30ml from Halo. They are the cobalt blue bottles with push down and twist to open tops. I would like to take a couple petite bottles from Alice In Vapeland, as well, but they are the plastic dripper kind- far too valuable to waste. I ordered a 1050 Pelican case anyway. In the case of an ocean landing, my vape gear will float to the surface, where I can retrieve it and vape for a couple weeks on the island until rescued.

lololol. don'y forget your solar charger!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread