Not open for further replies.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Just got the Fogger V4 in today. Built a .83ohm dual coil with organic cotton. I'm in love with the dual coil setup on this. I have the V2 and the single coil did it's job but dual coils sub ohm in this Fogger is bliss on this Atmizoo Roller. My new favorite pocket friendly setup.

30 gage, 6 wraps per side using a 2mm precision bit. I ended up pressing the coils together just a bit tighter before filling it.

bhkfes.jpg

335gp75.jpg

20g09wx.jpg

2r5yot1.jpg

2u71z53.jpg

33ac36v.jpg

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Although I use a lower resistance and thicker wire with more wraps (0.6Ω/28/9-compressed)... I agree with Muggs, the Fogger V4 design does produce excellent flavor. Subjectively "better" than an equivalent coiled Aqua, IMO. ;-)

If anyone is looking for a DC, glass tank RTA... although overall quality is as you'd expect for a modestly priced device and won't bring the "fit and finish" aficionados to their knees with joy... this would be an excellent next purchase.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Really...I have the original version and with the AFC all the way open it is a super easy draw...too easy...but of course that is totally subjective.

I thinks it's because my drippers a drilled a little more open. Just used to those. Now that I have this bad boy they might be in the ole black box for a while.

Although I use a lower resistance and thicker wire with more wraps (0.6Ω/28/9-compressed)... I agree with Muggs, the Fogger V4 design does produce excellent flavor. Subjectively "better" than an equivalent coiled Aqua, IMO. ;-)

If anyone is looking for a DC, glass tank RTA... although overall quality is as you'd expect for a modestly priced device and won't bring the "fit and finish" aficionados to their knees with joy... this would be an excellent next purchase.

I agree 100%. This is the biggest bang for the buck in my opinion. It covers all angles.

Looks good Muggs! Any wicking issues? That is my only concern with this thing. I have a heck of a time wicking my Aqua just right.

No wicking issues. I can tell if you go too nuts like in the .25 to .4ohm range it may not keep up with chain vaping but the wicking has been good and I use 50/50 juice.

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
No wicking issues. I can tell if you go too nuts like in the .25 to .4ohm range it may not keep up with chain vaping but the wicking has been good and I use 50/50 juice.

I usually run my duals around .7-.8 as well since I'm a sucker for small batteries. If I wan't more, I just attach said atomizer on my VaporShark 30 and crank it up as much as I want, which for me, I don't go over 25watts, usually stick around 23.

Most of my mixes are 70-80% VG, which wicks great on a Kayfun & Russian. I still have a few vendor juices that are 50/50, but can't vape them all the time. I can't handle too much PG.

gofastman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
MN
How does the threaded airflow work?....looking at it... it doesn't seem like you can lock it.

It doesn't lock, its kinda frustrating...
I put a tiny dab of this stuff on mine (let it dry overnight, you don't want to vape the solvent carrier)
Seems to hold it in place pretty good, and it's still completely adjustable.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
I usually run my duals around .7-.8 as well since I'm a sucker for small batteries. If I wan't more, I just attach said atomizer on my VaporShark 30 and crank it up as much as I want, which for me, I don't go over 25watts, usually stick around 23.

Most of my mixes are 70-80% VG, which wicks great on a Kayfun & Russian. I still have a few vendor juices that are 50/50, but can't vape them all the time. I can't handle too much PG.

Yeah that's a good range. I won't have my dna30 until mid May. Can't wait because like you said just crank it up if you need extra.

The airflow not locking doesn't bother me much. I just keep it wide open but if I want a tighter draw I just bring the ring about half way down and don't touch it, keep it out if the pocket and it stays in place for the most part. Been vaping this build since yesterday. Very tasty and plenty of vapor. I really have no complaints...yet haha

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
If you fill from the bottom screw hole with a standard juice bottle pressed tight against the hole does it flood? Do you need to fill it, thru that hole with a needle to let air escape?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

It is super easy, fast, and clean to fill the fogger v4. You don't need a syringe or needle tip bottle to fill it....you just press the standard bottle tip against the fill hole and squeeze.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Awesome thanks guys I'm soaked! I've got a v2, and I like the build quality as far as being ss n glass over the kayfuns, as well as the open draw I think dual coils with their positioning and the positioning of the air holes will make this thing a winner. S should have pics in a few days!

Throw some pics up if you've got any

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I have a V2 (pos) I also have a V3, it's ok but bulky at 23. whatever millimetres. so I ordered a V4 last night and had a choice of the V4 or the V4+, I opted for the original V4 because I read too many times the airflow was restricted on the V4+... hope I made the right call, should know in a week :)

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I read that to but I saw a guy who had both and said that wasn't the case but I don't think it matters anyways BC the new pos pin isn't a big deal and I don't think the afc is either, I would have gotten either one but the shipping was faster on the v+ for me,. As long as the ..... doesn't pass out the afc constantly like the v2 I'll be good, and I don't think it will be the position of the air holes so it should be all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread