The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

foggy windows , air purifier ?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by jan-kees, Dec 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jan-kees

jan-kees Full Member

Feb 2, 2014
    gouda/ netherlands
    In Texas the average temperature is higher, in spring and summer I don't have the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    That's because Houston is dead set in the middle of the Windex Triangle. So named because it's a mysterious place where nothing sticks to windows, so they rarely, if ever need cleaning. The Household Cleaning Cartell has been working for years to penetrate the market to no avail. (The hurricane helped a bit but when the waters receded, the windows were still mostly clean) Every time they send someone in, their truck disappears, never to be found again.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Nermal

Nermal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    Thanks for remembering what EPA did to our small but pretty Animus River. Or, did they do that elsewhere, too?

• Like Like x 2
  4. SmilingWolf

SmilingWolf Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2015
    There are two adults in my house who chain vape, and I have yet to notice fog on my windows. I do, however, notice a film that builds up in my vehicle.

Now, I do have two hepa air purifiers in my home so perhaps it DOES help alleviate the issue ... although I'd never considered that as the reason before now.

Fun Fact: My air purifiers stay on an "auto" setting and adjust as necessary to whatever they detect in the air. If I carry a bag of garbage past, it'll kick on. If someone (not me, never me of course) passes gas at one end of the room, it'll inevitably kick on in a few minutes :) Just sayin', it's sensitive. But two adults chain vaping in the same room has never set it off :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Same here. Work from home. Vape in almost every room. No problems.

I do have two flavorful juices that have a lingering aroma, according to folks wandering into my cave.

I had my truck detailed in September and its a wreck in there again, but no vape goo on the windows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vchick

Vchick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I think it has more to do with the insulation factor of the windows. I just moved into a house where my office has 4 windows/1 French door. The cheaper windows need cleaned every week, the French doors.. not at all.

Which stands to reason why the car windows always need cleaned..

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. jan-kees

jan-kees Full Member

Feb 2, 2014
    gouda/ netherlands
    It depends on the temperature of the glass in the windows. The VG "condensates " on cold surfaces.
    In the summer I have no problem, in the winter I have to clean my windows every week.
    It seems that outside temperatures below 10 celcius are causing the problem, even with my double glass windows.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.