The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Foggy Windows in the House

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by dennism, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    The windows in the house fog up and are slightly greasy. I vape a high vg juice and chain vape sub ohm. Does anyone else have this problem? I've thought about vaping a lower vg ratio, would that help?

• Like Like x 1
  2. mattiem

mattiem ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes, it should help. I vape 50/50 or 60pg/40vg. I don't do sub Ω and don't cloud up the house. I have been vaping for just over 5 years and have never had to deal with foggy or greasy windows. I go through less than 5mls of e-liquid a day vaped with 1.8 Ω or higher coils. HTH

• Like Like x 3
  3. Str8vision

Str8vision Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2013
    Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
    Over time VG leaves a clear slightly greasy film on surfaces. The higher the percentage of VG in a juice the faster this film builds up. PG also leaves a film but not to the extent VG does. This film builds up faster when Sub-ohm vaping since you consume more juice in a shorter period of time, the more juice you vape in a day the faster this film builds up. Even so, vape residue is easy to clean off, much easier than the tenaciously sticky yellow/brown tar deposited when smoking cigarettes/tobacco. That stuff was a nightmare to clean.

• Like Like x 5
  4. SteveS45

SteveS45 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I find a slightly white film on my vehicles windows especially the drivers side but it is much easier and nice to clean instead of the brown paper towels from when I was a smoker.

• Like Like x 6
  5. choochoogranny

choochoogranny Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    When cold weather happens, the windows in the rooms I vape become foggy. I vape 60 pg, 40 vg......but am a chain vaper at 1.5 ohms, 10 watts. A squeegee has become one of my dearest housekeeping tools.:p

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I was outside in the freezing cold cleaning my windows because when driving last night it was driving me up a wall with the haze on my windows even though it was really minor. I did the drivers windows first and when I was working my way around the vehicle had to take a break due to the temperature so naturally I was vaping and when I blew it out the drivers door the cloud made all the streets I missed show up clear as day! So trick to see the spots you missed but it does add some additional vape film!

• Like Like x 3
  7. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I got nothin', but the thread title sure sounds like a good idea for a song. Hit it, Johnny

• Like Like x 1
  8. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Here for go Arrrrgh

• Like Like x 3
  9. The Yeti

The Yeti Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Black Hills, SD
    Yup, only during cold weather though...get vape all over my house windows and car windows (have to clean the car windows every 2-3 days to stay safe!).

.4 ohm dual coil, 50/50, about 20ml/day.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I have found that the damp cold weather we are having lately is promoting the build up of vape residue on my windows in the truck. I am anal about having clean windows and try to do at least a weekly cleaning. I have also found that the side window defroster vents tend to dry the vapor right up and adds to the build up. What is funny the vape towels never seem to dry up that I use for filling the tanks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Okay. Please educate me and I can understand.

High vg + damp weather = greasy film?

I don't really care about the windows. Are my lungs ok?

• Like Like x 1
  13. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    Yes... and I've been trying to find the best thing to clean them, since Windex type spray or even a plain cloth or paper towel doesn't do the trick for me. Glass cleaner with vinegar came close, but still didn't cut it.

But what has been working best for me has been The Home Store brand of aerosol Glass and Surface cleaner from Dollar Tree/Deals. Works wonders. And for only $1 a can, you almost don't mind doing it every couple of days.

14. The Yeti

The Yeti Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Black Hills, SD
    We should know in about 10-15 years. ;)

• Like Like x 5
  15. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Thanks. Not very comforting but it is what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  16. VHRB2014

VHRB2014 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    Yes, we have the problem. A little warm water and elbow grease is all you need, water breaks it down pretty easy and it wipes off with little effort. Whats kind a sad though is how fast it builds up, LOL. I have to do my kitchen table every week or it gets too sticky to deal with. :?(

17. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I use Armor All glass cleaner followed by a Microfiber towel to keep the windows clean and clear and don't forget the elbow grease because that is always required!

18. Falco78

Falco78 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2014
    United States
    I've only noticed it on my car wondows

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

19. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I bet you don't look at the windows in the house as often or at night with headlights shining in your face to show it off!

20. mcclintock

mcclintock Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2014
    I went a long time before first having issues with the car windows. Problem is, I can get them clean looking, but vape for 60 seconds and the wipe marks come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.