FOIA Request Results (Open Government Advocacy by CASAA members)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! Is that better or worse than being "snarky"?

It's waay better! On the internet, nearly everyone is snarky, but it takes someone like Elaine to be called a "smarty pants" by DOCTOR Anthony Chen. Notice he didn't argue that she proved him wrong and went straight to name-calling???

pwn3d.

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
Not only that, but Elaine's letter to the editor apparently caused Madison County-area cardiologist Dr. John Johnstone to fill with "contempt and rage," and he called us jerks.

And the tobacco prevention coordinator Kirsten Frandsen said that I gave a "not so scientific rebuttal" to the TPCHD's 'concerns' about e-cigarettes.

And for good measure, an as-of-yet unreplied to e-mail I sent last night in reference to Bullitt County

screenshot201112722853a.jpg

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
It's a shame that some of the Tacoma officials see this as a battle involving strategy instead of an opportunity to have an informed discussion leading to a better understanding of the issue. This attitude is evidenced in quite a few of the emails, and I find it troubling.

+1 It really is disappointing that they have gotten so caught up in the anti-tobacco hatred and politicking that they ignored the fact that Kim is not just putting together an argument for some moneymaking scheme... She was fighting for the right to run a business that is showing a demonstrably positive influence in the community. If the proposed rule had been passed without the revisions, it would have been illegal to allow people to vape inside The Vaporium: A store where you can watch smokers walk in off the street... and if they aren't non-smokers by the time they walk out, there's a really good chance they'll at least cut down a fair bit. Is that really the sort of business you want to run out of town in this economy?? :facepalm:

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
Full e-mail results from the FOIA filed in Madison County, Kentucky. If someone would like to upload these to Scribd, please feel free.

Attachments

• email - Christie Green.pdf
    103.1 KB · Views: 19
  • email - Christie Green2.pdf
    27.5 KB · Views: 11
  • email - kelly owens.pdf
    326.1 KB · Views: 26
  • email - Martin Hensley.pdf
    81.8 KB · Views: 9
  • email - Nancy Crewe.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 11

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
What's the point of all this? It nice to have my suspicions confirmed, they are foofoo heads who had NO interest in reviewing objective research, but saw the clean air act as a vehicle to promote their own social/political agenda.

My own personal interest and the public interest in knowing how taxpayers' dollars are being spent. Also, it provides an opportunity to see who is actively encouraging the bans. There's a lot e-mails about routine local government matters of course, but there's a lot of interesting tidbits in-between that.

Two notes from Seattle off the top of my head: It appears they were originally going to propose an outright ban, and in the day or days before the vote, the Washington Department of Health sent a letter in support of the legislation.

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
Man I wish that was a searchable doc! I went to see if they responded at all to changing "and other known" but... Alas.. I lost my place lol.

You can actually download them from Scribd, and they should still be in readable format.

Scribd may require you to join and upload something, but it can be anything.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
What's the point of all this? It nice to have my suspicions confirmed, they are foofoo heads who had NO interest in reviewing objective research, but saw the clean air act as a vehicle to promote their own social/political agenda.
In my opinion, the point of it is to get all vapers as ...... off as I am.
Anger is an effective motivating force for action.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread