The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Folks...turn your rigs off on planes!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by CyberVapor, Mar 25, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CyberVapor

CyberVapor New Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Folks, is it too much to ask to have airplane travelers turn off their e-cigs before throwing them in their carry on? The type of carelessness that happened on the Delta flight recently is going to cause airlines to prohibit e-cig batteries in any shape or form. If that happens, I am going to be pissed! When going on vacation outside the U.S., e-cig stuff is the only thing that I can't get abroad. Cloths, toiletries, booze… all available, but not e-cigs.

All of these recent stories about batteries exploding, starting on fire, etc., are eventually going to hurt all of us vaporers. Because of a few careless, stupid people, the masses are beginning to believe that our e-cigs explode for no reason, or start on fire in our pockets. Because of so many Politically Correct groups, we are already being viewed as "smokers", and now we are becoming dangerous, exploding "smokers".

Please everyone, make sure your e-cigs are off so we don't have any more of these types of incidents. I'd really like to hear what you all think.

Vaping since October 2009

• Like Like x 1
  2. aceman3330

aceman3330 Super Member ECF Veteran

Agree! I always turn mine off and removed batteries, put batteries in designated containers, and atomizer in another smaller bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    I have never been on a plane with my ecig. Do these problems happen because of the pressure or something. I heard that some ppl set their rig back up in the air and go to the bathroom. Is that a terrible thing?

4. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    Yes, it is. On the recent flights I've been on, both Delta and American, part of the Safety Lecture addressed e-cigs in the restrooms. It is prohibited, and will set off the smoke detectors.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I guess that means any responsible vaper should not bring any DNA200 device on a plane. Since there is no off on a DNA200 and they are always on. You can lock them, but that is about it. Worse, some the batteries are soldered in. So you just can't take the batteries out without doing surgery first.

6. ashes to batteries

ashes to batteries Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2015
    Well, see, that's another reason to travel with an inexpensive set up that you wouldn't be heart broken to part with. As well as the TSA agents kind of randomly declining stuff, lost luggage, theft....

7. CyberVapor

CyberVapor New Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Vaping on any flight is over April 1st. But I was talking about the people who just throw their e-cig in a bag and it starts vaping on its own. After the incident on the Delta flight, the news was saying: "e-cig starts on fire on plane" or "e-cig battery exploded on plane". It turned out that it was just vapor because some ..... left it on. The fire dept. said that there was no fire, but the damage in the media is already done. Another incident like this and they will be looking to ban e-cig batts all together. Then what will travelers do?

• Like Like x 1
  8. ENAUD

ENAUD falling, falling, down the rabbit hole... Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'll be carrying "flashlight" batteries...

9. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    :facepalm:
    You would just remove the atomizer.
    The mod automatically shuts off.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain