• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Following on from the "Where in the UK..." thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Does everyone know about the google map showing vapers locations around the world?

The UK is looking rather pathetic at the moment with only about 5 dots on the map!

Add yourself to it here: Lives saved by vaporizers - Google Maps

Directions:

1. Click on "Sign In" in the top right-hand corner and either sign in or create a google account
  2. To the left of the map, you will see a list of people who have already added their location. At the top of this list, there is an 'Edit' button. Click on that and the necessary icons will appear at the top of the map
  3. Use the arrows and the +/- bar on the map to zoom in to your location
  4. Click on the blue baloon icon (next to the hand icon) and drag a blue ballon to you location. Click when it's in the right place
  5. A balloon will appear and you can add your forum name (and a little comment if you want)
  6. Click 'OK' when you're done
  7. Click 'Done' (situated at the top of the list of names to the left of the map.... wher you found the 'Edit' button)
Let's see if we can put the UK on the map (literally ;))

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Just done !!!
Great :thumb:

How do I get a signature like yours Angela ?!!

I got the code but where do I put it ????
Top of every page on the blue bar "User CP", then on the menu on the left you will see "Edit signature". In there you will find a box to add the code to (Tip: from memory, I think the first time zi tried it gave me an error message saying it ws too big, or some such. To get around this, reduce the font size.... it doesn't affect the projected image)

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Just done !!!

How do I get a signature like yours Angela ?!!

I got the code but where do I put it ????

Great :thumb:

Top of every page on the blue bar "User CP", then on the menu on the left you will see "Edit signature". In there you will find a box to add the code to (Tip: from memory, I think the first time zi tried it gave me an error message saying it ws too big, or some such. To get around this, reduce the font size.... it doesn't affect the projected image)
You also have to be a full member (if I remember correctly), so a few more posts will be needed first.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Great to see a few more dots on there! :thumbs:

Yeah... thought I'd add detailed instructions because it took me a while to work it out from the rather scant instructions posted elsewhere! (Just hope that no-one thought I was treating them like an idiot!
:oops:)

I know there are quite a few Scottish vapers around, plus at least a couple of Irish ones, so there is no reason that they should be devoid of blue dots!

Spread the word around to any other forums you visit as well.... Id would be great to make the UK & Ireland one great bit blue blob! LOL! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread