Food for thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
PG can be made from VG and cheap chinese fakers have previously sold diethylene glycol (main ingredient in antifreeze) as glycerol (VG = glycerol). Glycerol is also used to make nitroglycerin and an "effective treatment for psoriasis, burns, bites, cuts, rashes, bedsores, and calluses" found this on the net and it made my brain go hmmm. thought id share

Last edited:
wow thats kinda freaky glad i only order usa juices and even got my own diy kit commin
dont mean to scare anyone but the diethylene glycol incident actually happened in the US in 2007 in (drumroll please) the pharmaceutical industry. what a mind . i just love the little things we all seem to overlook sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
VG and PG are really cheap, easy to find and no real incentive to adulterate--flavorings on the other hand...plenty of issues there.

actually, the incentive is that vg is much more expensive from a manufacturing standpoint than diethylene glycol, so a bulk chinese dropshipper may opt to market diethylene glycol as glycerol since they are almost the exact same thing, except for the fact that one of them is really toxic

I always thought the h2o was the main thing in antifreeze.

and you are right it is one of the main ingredients (by volume) but diethylene glycol is what breaks up the water's ability to form crystals between molecules, reducing its freezing point, which you can say is the main ingredient of the "anti" in antifreeze. (technically vg has the same effect on water and it was ONCE used as an antifreeze, but its being reconsidered because its non toxic unlike diethylene glycol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread