For All You Milk N Honey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrLucky

Dec 13, 2014
NC
Has anyone tried EM in their mix? Might that smooth and round out or is the Marshmallow doing that already?

EDIT:
Well I went ahead and added 3 small drops to my 10 ml batch and I am pleased with the effect. A tad too cotton candy tasting but that may mellow as it steeps longer.
I imagine it will take finding the balance between marshmallow and EM to get the right result, but I think EM is on the right track.

Last edited:

nicobeak

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2014
Nashville, TN
Took a shot in the dark here based on what you guys have done and what I have tasted (and smelled). Wanted to try a different vanilla, and wanted a distinct sweet type flavor (not sweetness, but a sweet honey type flavor, and I don't have honey, thus the butterscotch).

Peanut Butter (TFA) - 1.5%
Graham Cracker Clear (TFA) - 4%
Banana Cream (LA) - 2%
Marshmallow (Cap) - 1.5%
Acetyl Pyrazine (TFA) - .7%
Vanilla Classic (FA) - 1%
Vanilla Custard V2 (Cap) - 1%
Sugar Cookie (Cap) - 1.5%
Toasted Marshmallow (TFA) - 1%
Butterscotch (FA) - 1%

Tasting it right after, I think it is pretty close. The banana could come down a bit, maybe 1.5-1.75% (I think one of you guys tried 1.5% before, but mine is LA). I wouldn't expect anyone to just happen to have all these random ingredients. I'll check back after it has had some time to steep.

Regarding EM - I think the marsh takes care of that, but I haven't tried it with
Also, I'm going to post this somewhere else and try and get some feedback.

Edit 2: Tried some M&H right on top of this and M&H has a slight "spicy" note that this doesn't. I don't know what it could be...

Edit 3: I don't think the toasted marshmallow fits. I'll drop it out next time and raise the regular back up

Last edited:

dpgfla

Aug 21, 2009
I've been vaping on the following recipe for a couple of weeks now. It's not M and H but it is a good alternative... and easy..

TFA Peanut Butter 3.5% (without letting it steep the pb isn't at all overpowering)
TFA Banana Cream 2% - I'm not a fan of bananas or banana flavored candy but I do love this banana cream
Cap Sugar Cookie V2 3.5%
TFA Marshmallow 1.5%
Acetl P - 1 drop per 5 ml, give or take. I made 14 ml at 50/50 and added 4 drops of Acetl P

Last edited:

nicobeak

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2014
Nashville, TN
I am trying to get the base down before adding banana b/c it is so prominent for me. Just mixed up something w/ some FA I got in:

TFA Graham Cracker clear 7%
TFA Peanut Butter 1%
AP .5%
TFA Marshmallow 3%
FA Honey .25%
FA Marzipan .5%
FA Almond .25%
FA Fresh Cream 1%

I'd love to tell you how it tastes, but all I taste is HONEY! Even at .25%. I'll try again without the honey and post back.

DrLucky

Dec 13, 2014
NC
Question peanut butter as an ingredient all together or just your percentage?
I tried 2% malted milk last night. Stepped it in a crock pot over night but it still needs a little time steeping as well. Accidentally added two drops of EM, so that's throwing it off a bit, but I think I'm on to something with the malted milk. Maybe at 1.5 or 1%
Unfortunately I had a bottle that was the closest tasting to milk and honey but it was in my "combination of left over sample batches" bottle that I fill up to vape on between batches. So there's no telling what the ratios are.

nicobeak

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2014
Nashville, TN
I question the PB b/c trying my concoctions back to back with the real deal, the stuff I make is too creamy and thick feeling. I am going to make 2 batches, one dropping the PB out, and one dropping the marshmallow way down or out. I am not sure which one I am getting the thickness from; it may be the marshmallow. I haven't tried malted milk, but the fresh cream I tried really seems to fit as well. Maybe they are kind of similar flavors. I think the marzipan adds a lot. It takes care of the honey taste and gets a little nuttiness in there as well.

nicobeak

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2014
Nashville, TN
Most recent try:
Marshmallow (TFA) 3.0
Almond (FA) 0.25
Marzipan (FA) 0.25
Peanut Butter (TFA) 1.0
Fresh Cream (FA) 1.0
Graham Cracker (Cap) 3.0
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) 2.0
Sweet Cream (TFA) 1.0
Banana Cream (LA) 1.5
Honey Dilution 10% (FA) 0.7

Tastes good right after mixing, I am not sure how close though. Honey might be a little too high. I'll post back after I try M&H again.

EDIT: although it tastes good, it is still missing something (some kind of spice note). Someone told me Cap graham cracker has a spicy note to it, so I'll knock the TFA GCC out and up the Cap. Probably drop out the Marz and Almond too, they are good, but it adds to much. I have a feeling M&H is probably a relatively simple recipe

Also, I think it uses a different marshmallow flavoring (not TFA, LA, or Cap), maybe FA, but I do not have any. Maybe someone else that does can give it a shot

Day later - not good. I don't know what changed

Last edited:

Joe Ninja

Feb 1, 2015
Waipahu, HI
Just placed my first DIY order last night and THIS is definitely the first recipe I try!
I joined this forum to add my input on this clone and hopefully work with someone who is as interested in perfecting this as I am! Milk and Honey is my favorite ADV (I have like 10 original bottles lying around waiting to be refilled!)
When my first batch is finished I will post my results here both before and after steeping.

Let me know where anyone else is on this amazing vape!

I, too; will be ordering my first DIY kit via, One Stop DIY Shop. I love CF's Milk & Honey. I go through a 30ml bottle in a couple days! So I really need to save :2c: and start DIY my e-juice. This will be my first experiment. Good luck!

DrLucky

Dec 13, 2014
NC
Got really lucky and a buddy of mine had a few mls left of M&H he let me try.
Nicobeak was right, the stuff we're mixing in this thread is way too "dense"
The flavours in M&H are really light and subtle.
I could taste the banana cream as a slight undertone to the rest of the flavours.
Only thing I'm confident in at this point is the banana cream and peanut butter and some sort of marshmallow or smooth.
Maybe it is a much simpler recipe than we're making it out to be.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Just to throw this out there, because I haven't tried any of these mixes yet (plan to do so tomorrow..making a HUGE amount of juice tomorrow thanks to friends all running out at the same time)..

Something I have discovered in my travels is that hazelnut and caramel together taste very similar to a milder, softer version of peanut butter as compared to the actual PB from TFA and Cap. Something to think on. I'm going to try your latest posted version tomorrow though, because I want to see how it is with the actual peanut butter and go from there :) I have a bottle of CF's M&H that I swiped from my mom, so I have some on hand for comparison. I also have honey from Inawera and I just wonder if a tiny percentage of that might work as well. Gonna try it.

Reactions: mcginnis314
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread