For experienced users of high nicotine levels only PLEASE!!! 36mg/ml is not enough for me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cotinine

Feb 10, 2014
murka
I currently DIY 36mg/ml nicotine using exclusively unflavored VG as base. I use a bottom feed Reo Mini2.1 and it vapes like a champ. Wimpy clouds of vapor or vaping technique is not my problem.

My problem is that I'm used to a much higher level of nicotine. In fact, I really love nicotine. I used to use 4mg nicotine lozenges before I started vaping to save money.

How high in nicotine levels have people used safely. Please, only answer if you use nicotine levels of 36mg/ml or more or know where such information is posted online from those who have actual experience using higher levels of nicotine in the 36mg + range.

Thanks.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
ECF frowns on discussions of vaping above 36mg/ml nicotine.

That said, I could not make the switch to vaping until I started using 48mg/ml juice. I used to smoke a very high nic and tar, non-filtered cigarette, that would leave most smokers nic-dizzy if they bummed one of mine. Good thing about that is that each person only bummed one cigarette off of me and swore off ever bumming one ever again.

I'm currently at 16mg/ml, but stepping down wasn't quick and I did it like I started vaping. Gradually and without forcing myself into anything.

First I had to find a nic level that worked, then I had to find a flavor that worked. I forgot to smoke at some point after that.

dedi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Rochester NY
I currently DIY 36mg/ml nicotine using exclusively unflavored VG as base. I use a bottom feed Reo Mini2.1 and it vapes like a champ. Wimpy clouds of vapor or vaping technique is not my problem.

My problem is that I'm used to a much higher level of nicotine. In fact, I really love nicotine. I used to use 4mg nicotine lozenges before I started vaping to save money.

How high in nicotine levels have people used safely. Please, only answer if you use nicotine levels of 36mg/ml or more or know where such information is posted online from those who have actual experience using higher levels of nicotine in the 36mg + range.

Thanks.

I used 36mg for almost four years only lowering slightly before bedtime. Vaping 36 before sleeping wasn't good for sleeping :) I am down to 24 mgs now and will have to stay there for the time being. I am glad that folks are able to lower their nic over time but for me it hasn't been easy. I am ALL about TH so need the nic and need the PG.

cotinine

Feb 10, 2014
murka
STUDY:

Nicotine absorption from electronic cigarette use: comparison between first and new-generation devices

A wide range of electronic cigarette (EC) devices, from small cigarette-like (first-generation) to new-generation high-capacity batteries with electronic circuits that provide high energy to a refillable atomizer, are available for smokers to substitute smoking. Nicotine delivery to the bloodstream is important in determining the addictiveness of ECs, but also their efficacy as smoking substitutes. In this study, plasma nicotine levels were measured in experienced users using a first- vs. new-generation EC device for 1 hour with an 18 mg/ml nicotine-containing liquid. Plasma nicotine levels were higher by 35–72% when using the new- compared to the first-generation device. Compared to smoking one tobacco cigarette, the EC devices and liquid used in this study delivered one-third to one-fourth the amount of nicotine after 5 minutes of use. New-generation EC devices were more efficient in nicotine delivery, but still delivered nicotine much slower compared to tobacco cigarettes. The use of 18 mg/ml nicotine-concentration liquid probably compromises ECs' effectiveness as smoking substitutes; this study supports the need for higher levels of nicotine-containing liquids (approximately 50 mg/ml) in order to deliver nicotine more effectively and approach the nicotine-delivery profile of tobacco cigarettes.

Source (authors,etc): Nicotine absorption from electronic cigarette use: comparison between first and new-generation devices : Scientific Reports : Nature Publishing Group

(I'm used to more nicotine.. :p)
50mg/ml sounds like it is do-able.

The only 2 reasons I vape:
1) To get nicotine (flavor is not a super high priority)
2) To save money (Nicorette 4mg mini lozenges gets terribly expensive, esp if you pop one after the next all day long)

Last edited:

cotinine

Feb 10, 2014
murka
I started at 36 mg. I stayed there for awhile. Then I discovered dual coil cartomizers on the first release. Went down to 24 mg. Today I'm at 16 mg on my VV mods. 6 mg on my lung hitters. I do notice one important thing. Nic delivery loves the heat.

I use the RBA2.0 from Reo's. So, it's a 1-coil deal for me. Building coils is the cheapest route for me.

watson_5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
United States
ECF frowns on discussions of vaping above 36mg/ml nicotine.

That said, I could not make the switch to vaping until I started using 48mg/ml juice. I used to smoke a very high nic and tar, non-filtered cigarette, that would leave most smokers nic-dizzy if they bummed one of mine. Good thing about that is that each person only bummed one cigarette off of me and swore off ever bumming one ever again.

I'm currently at 16mg/ml, but stepping down wasn't quick and I did it like I started vaping. Gradually and without forcing myself into anything.

First I had to find a nic level that worked, then I had to find a flavor that worked. I forgot to smoke at some point after that.

OP, Ty for this thread.
Hoosier, this is not the first time that your knowledge and/or wisdom has helped me.
Once again,
Thank You Very Much

Baron Sciarri

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Mantua, NJ, USA
I'm not sure what the rules are here EXACTLY on this topic so I apologize if I break them but I bought 100mg/ml unflavored 100% vg and planned to dilute it down to find the level i liked...then i bought 48mg of the same while i was ordering somewhere because it was cheap

Right now i am using a 50/50 blend of those two with only menthol as a flavoring..

So i take 74mg juice that is 100% vg and I add some menthol to it because I love menthol and then i thin it out with PURE water to help it wick better so i guess my content is around 60-70mg per ml?

I know some people here will give me and you grief for high nicotine content but as long as you are responsible and use your head when mixing and testing your juice there is the possibility of vaping 48mg, 50mg, 60mg, 74mg contents and being happy

cotinine

Feb 10, 2014
murka
My full nicotine history:
1. Skoal - First time trying a nicotine product. Yuck.
2. Nicotine patches.
3. Nicorette mini2-4mg lozenges: ~1.5years of expensive high nicotine awesomeness.
4. Blu Ecigs. (Curiosity got the best of me. Not bad but too expensive)
5. Piece of crap Ego knock-off. 40$ down the drain and vape tongue, lol.
6. Reo's mini mod. Simply AWESOME. As long as you diligently make fresh coils, no vape tongue, grossness, etc.

Last edited:

cotinine

Feb 10, 2014
murka
I'm not sure what the rules are here EXACTLY on this topic so I apologize if I break them but I bought 100mg/ml unflavored 100% vg and planned to dilute it down to find the level i liked...then i bought 48mg of the same while i was ordering somewhere because it was cheap

Right now i am using a 50/50 blend of those two with only menthol as a flavoring..

So i take 74mg juice that is 100% vg and I add some menthol to it because I love menthol and then i thin it out with PURE water to help it wick better so i guess my content is around 60-70mg per ml?

I know some people here will give me and you grief for high nicotine content but as long as you are responsible and use your head when mixing and testing your juice there is the possibility of vaping 48mg, 50mg, 60mg, 74mg contents and being happy

THANKS!!! You're the best, lol.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
My full nicotine history:
1. Skoal - First time trying a nicotine product. Yuck.
2. Nicotine patches.
3. Nicorette mini2-4mg lozenges: ~1.5years of expensive high nicotine awesomeness.
4. Blu Ecigs. (Curiosity got the best of me. Not bad but too expensive)
5. Piece of crap Ego knock-off. 40$ down the drain and vape tongue, lol.
6. Reo's mini mod. Simply AWESOME. As long as you diligently make fresh coils, no vape tongue, grossness, etc.

If you're using an RM2 on the Reo you won't find anything that gives you better nic delivery. I'm amazed you can vape that level of nic in an RDA - but maybe you're not using one?

How long did you smoke for (I may have missed this)?

cotinine

Feb 10, 2014
murka
No. That's the thing, I never smoked. I simply love the nicotine and started by essentially using only nicotine polacrilex bucally.

The Reo mini I use is capable of making any room I vape in hazy. It is a vapor beast in spite of its small size.

I think that 36mg/ml isn't really all that high. It isn't comparable to a smoke, most likely 40mg/ml to 50mg/ml is more comparable.

36mg/ml is definitely weaker in effect than a 2mg nicorette lozenge, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread