For goodness sake, where is a good tobacco flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cisco2kid

Jul 27, 2022
Please, can somebody direct me to a liquid flavour that is actually good basic tobacco. I am trying to get onto the vaping thing but the first tobacco product I tried was disgusting, and the next recommended one which is American patriot does taste like tobacco but a highly flavoured perhaps pipe tobacco. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to tobacco flavors. I have a humidor full of cigars and many pipe tobacco flavors, +15 or so snuff products wonderful snuff products from the UK supplier. But I can't get onto the vaping unless someone direct me to an E liquid it actually tastes like ordinary Kentucky flue-cured tobacco and not something like my bourbon or sugary flavoured pipe tobacco's.
i'm not trying to be negative or a downer… I'm a 70 year old senior and if this vaping can only come up with what essentially is almost a sugar candy flavoured tobacco I'm gonna have to dismiss it off hand.
I really would appreciate somebody direct me to a good tobacco flavour that I might be able to buy from my residence in Canada. Best wishes to you all who love it I remain to be convinced .

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I personally think that it's best to get into vaping by looking at it as a different alternative to smoking rather than a 1:1 replacement, because it's very different in many ways that it can never be a 1:1 replacement. So think of some foods and drinks you like, try liquids in those flavors instead of chasing tobacco flavors. Eventually you might forget about tobacco flavors.

That's the best advice I have for you without going down that tobacco flavor rabbit hole.

Cisco2kid

Jul 27, 2022
    Thanks, all. Yes, I suspected as much and as soon as I made the post I thought to myself it must be difficult to replicate the tobacco flavour or it would obviously be a big selling point in advertisements. That is, we do not see those ads because they actually would have to read, "As close as we can get, but we still hope you like raisins chopped into your Kentucky/Turkish blend.

Right, try to be more flexible, Cisco, and stop writing to yourself in the third person.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    I personally think that it's best to get into vaping by looking at it as a different alternative to smoking rather than a 1:1 replacement, because it's very different in many ways that it can never be a 1:1 replacement. So think of some foods and drinks you like, try liquids in those flavors instead of chasing tobacco flavors. Eventually you might forget about tobacco flavors.

That's the best advice I have for you without going down that tobacco flavor rabbit hole.
    excellent advice. My favs at first where Cinnamon anything because I got that throat hit we are all looking for at first

jon.c

Feb 20, 2022
    Kansas City, MO area
    Let me reconmmend Real Tobacco Extract. He's a bit pricey, but the tobacco flavor is real rather than some chemist's idea of what tobacco tastes like. Mapacho and Bright Virginia are my favorites. Red Virginia and Perique are very good, too. Peach and raspberry are actually quite nice for a change. Burley has a fire-cured flavor I don't care for, sort of like Latakia.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    Along w/ Real Tobacco Extract, mentioned above, you might also try blacknote.com.

On the lower end, Keep It 100's tobacco flavor is the one i liked most. That's just me, of course.

There's also the option of mixing your own e-liquid. A tobacco flavor concentrate by Capella has a light cigarette vibe (it's the only 1 i've tried so far). There are other brands & a number of tobacco e-liquid recipes you can find online. Plenty of DIYers here on the forum to help you.

i do agree w/ the suggestion above to try flavors other than tobacco, though. Emulating the smoking experience w/o smoke is the biggest component of vaping, sure, yet there's much more to it that can bring enjoyment.

• Agree
    Reactions: jjcordone

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Please, can somebody direct me to a liquid flavour that is actually good basic tobacco. I am trying to get onto the vaping thing but the first tobacco product I tried was disgusting, and the next recommended one which is American patriot does taste like tobacco but a highly flavoured perhaps pipe tobacco. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to tobacco flavors. I have a humidor full of cigars and many pipe tobacco flavors, +15 or so snuff products wonderful snuff products from the UK supplier. But I can't get onto the vaping unless someone direct me to an E liquid it actually tastes like ordinary Kentucky flue-cured tobacco and not something like my bourbon or sugary flavoured pipe tobacco's.
    i'm not trying to be negative or a downer… I'm a 70 year old senior and if this vaping can only come up with what essentially is almost a sugar candy flavoured tobacco I'm gonna have to dismiss it off hand.
    I really would appreciate somebody direct me to a good tobacco flavour that I might be able to buy from my residence in Canada. Best wishes to you all who love it I remain to be convinced .
    @Fredman1 is an expert on Naturally Extracted Tobacco (NET) juices. He might be able to steer you in the right direction. Best of luck.

Reactions: jwbnyc

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Detroit
    I can only draw from my own experience, switching from smoking to vaping. I'm 68 and smoked for 45 years. What's virtually impossible to recreate is the combusted tobacco component. I believe that is what makes it impossible to create a 1:1 replacement for smokers trying to make the switch. What's left is the raw (un-combusted) taste of the tobacco itself. The best way for me to describe what I found, is it will taste similar to how fresh tobacco smells, when you open a fresh pack, or unwrap a new cigar. There have been a few flavors that were supposed to add that 'ashy' aspect, but they never really did the trick for me.

I was frustrated as well, when I was making the switch. It was a matter of retraining my taste buds, which I was eventually able to do. That was the main hump I had to get over. It was worth the adjustment period, for me, to eliminate combusted tobacco from my life.

Best of luck. Hopefully you'll find something that satisfies you.

Arnold Ziffle

ECF Veteran
    Jun 2, 2009
    San Quentin
    black note has what you’re looking for. they have tobacco names to give you an idea and good descriptions. the site shows how it’s made and ingredients. all from tobacco leaves. it’s a net but runs as clean or cleaner than any liquid out there. they did a run of a cigarette flavor that was spot on but dropped it shortly thereafter. i had two friends quit smoking using that.

I have not posted at ECF for years. Now the first post back I am expecting to get kicked in the teeth for what I am going to suggest.
    My vape journey started in 2012 and I never found a tobacco flavor I liked except from one company. (I am excepting NETs as I have not tried any in 7 years).
    BLU makes some awful flavors, they are owned by big tobacco, and I feel dirty every time I buy from them. However they have had two tobacco flavors I like. Now keep in mind this will be for low watt or pod vaping and mouth to lung hit style.
    Gold Leaf by Blu, in my opinion, is one of the best options for a new vaper who insists on tobacco flavors and isn't ready for NETs and is especially suited to those who like bright tobacco or Virginia blends.
    I don't vape tobacco often anymore but when I get the chance to pick up some Gold Leaf pods or a bottle of it for refills, I can't pass it up.
    Keep in mind I am not a tobacco aficionado, but Gold Leaf is a smooth bright tobacco flavor that takes me back to the early days of cartomizers and disposable cigalikes.
    Give it a try if so inclined.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    I'm a tobacco vaper, and my go to is Aroma Ejuice. They have many tobacco flavors I like. Almost all of thier tobacco flavors correspond with an actual brand of cigarette. I've been ordering from them for about 10 years now. They are also the original pioneers of Whole Tobacco Alkaloid extraction, so you can get them with those as well.

Virtually every other brand of ejuice tastes like tobacco extract or cigars.

Edit: well ..... It's closed. Whelp.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Your next great tobacco flavor is waiting for you to extract it.
    You say that you are familiar with cigars and pipe tobacco. So you should know about pipesandcigars.com and smoking pipes.com.
    I personally stopped buying NET flavors five years ago and started making my own. Back then there were people on the ECF who were into the 'hobby' aspect of vaping, and we're quite helpful.
    Here's a thread where I basically have been reduced to talking to myself (with an occasional post from elsewhere) as I try to cover mild tobaccos, extraction precess and equipment. I also review many of my extractions.
    I am in no way an expert in these methods. I am just someone like you, who was disgusted with government intervention and less than stellar tobacco flavors offered by vendors .

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread