Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
If you have questions about the integrity of this company?
If you wonder about the products this company sells?
If you wonder what kind of support you might get from this company?
Well, I can honestly answer that! Honestly, and faithfully!
This was the FIRST company I ever ordered from, they always took care of me, and if there was an error, the sent more crap to make up for it! (And I don't mean "crap" I mean more products!)
I "outgrew them, but have always had a soft spot in my heart for this place, they truly helped me, honestly, and got me to where I was off cigs.
Then I had an accident and things went sideways, totally my fault!
Anyway, I started out here in '09, I spent many a late night talking to Mark (gone, unfortunately) and later on with Smilin. We had many a late night way too many chats in the V4L chat room, that's sadly gone now. This used to be the busiest sub-forum in this place! Man we had a good time in here! Met a lot of GREAT people here, and got a GREAT deal of help here as well!
Well, out of the blue Smilin asks me to email him, then tells me to call him? He knows I'm back to smoking. The WHOLE time, mind you he's getting ready for heart surgery? he's insisting he needs to send me a "care package" to get me off cigs!
It's been six years? since I've bought anything, he's going in to surgery, but wants to get me to stop smoking?
I promise and "pinky swear" he didn't put me up to this! He said we'd talk about getting things rebuilt after he came out of surgery and go from there, but I had to put this up before hand to show what kind of people V4L really is about.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Thanks for sharing Saw. You are right, V4L is run by good people. Things have changed a lot, and as you've noticed, there aren't so many of the old faces or as many people posting here. The old 'family' feel has gone from this forum but obviously not from V4L.

Good luck with getting back off the nasties and back onto the good stuff.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Thank you dear! Talking with Steve tonight, he really feels remorse and wants to try and make things right. Maybe I'm a soft touch, but I honestly believe that. And for him to BEG to send me a care package, I'm hard pressed to think I'm too far off base? I haven't given him my addy yet FYI, if that matters or not.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Saw, your message really resonates with me. I wasn't around when ECF was hopping, but I've gone back and read a lot of Steve's old post. I saw how he started the company and how his heart was really in it to help people.

When I applied to V4L for a freelance position, I sat down in Steve's office and the first thing he told me was that I smelled like cigarettes. I was really nervous and it took me off guard. He asked me how long I'd been smoking and I finally said it out loud. I don't think I ever said it out loud before that: 16 years. I was smoking RYO...probably almost 2 packs a day.

Before he even asked to see my resume, Steve gave me a disposable to try, and then the miracle e-cig: the ol' Vapor Zeus. I took a drag and said WOW. It was nothin' like the crappy ecigs I had tried at bars for free. IT ACTUALLY FELT LIKE A CIG AND IT WORKED. I didn't smoke the whole ride home. THAT WAS THE FIRST NIGHT OF MY LIFE CHANGING. It took a while, but I haven't smoked for 7 months now. There were struggles and some times were harder than others, but I'm free of that now.

Something else changed in me too after I met Steve. I was worried about working for a "vape shop" because I had only been exposed to flashy mods or crappy ecigs. And a lot of people out there give vaping a bad name. THAT'S NOT HOW V4L is. THIS MAN, @SMILIN , WILL DO ANYTHING TO HELP PPL QUIT. I wasn't becoming part of a flashy company that fed into the trendy image of vaping. I was glad to be part of a place where I could actually connect with people and make a difference. (I'm an attention-seeking extrovert; you guys could probably tell!:lol:

I went from copywriting and writing to sell .... I didn't care about at a daily deals website you may have heard of, to blogging about stuff that meant something to me.

Tonight, I was in the car, driving through a place that was kinda off the grid. I took a Smileomizer off my battery and put a different one on. It was a coffee flavor, which was one of the first flavors I tried. This is gonna sound cheesy, guys, but it took me back to that day when I first started vapin' for life. Steve always tells me to write from my heart. And this sincerely comes from the bottom of my happy, quirky, awkward, anxious, open lil' heart. :wub::hubba::wub::hubba:

I'm real thankful to have vaping in my life, to have Smilin in my life, and to have all y'all in my life.
I've really enjoyed meeting everyone and makin' friends.

Thanks and VAPE-ON!

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Aw what a sweet post. This wasn't the first company I started with but it
might have been the second. Not sure exactly.
I placed an order tonite with V4L for some juice. I've moved on from the
hardware offered but often go back to the juice and place an order. I
can honestly say I like almost all the juice V4L offers.
Now the mention of a Smileomizer makes me mad, as I was planning on ordering
a couple for old time's sake and then forgot. Next time.

Reactions: LadyVapentine

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Aw what a sweet post. This wasn't the first company I started with but it
might have been the second. Not sure exactly.
I placed an order tonite with V4L for some juice. I've moved on from the
hardware offered but often go back to the juice and place an order. I
can honestly say I like almost all the juice V4L offers.
Now the mention of a Smileomizer makes me mad, as I was planning on ordering
a couple for old time's sake and then forgot. Next time.
I've tried to move on to mods (since I work here and I should know about stuff like that. hehe) but I can't live without my Zeus and Smileo. I went camping this weekend and I forgot my charger and I was in a world of hurt. The Zeus lasted me for the first day and a half though. Then I had some disposables I like to keep around for these kinds of situations.

I'm glad you love our juice! I've tried a lot of the flavors, but I still keep comin' back to the Cinnablaze. What's your fave?

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I've tried to move on to mods (since I work here and I should know about stuff like that. hehe) but I can't live without my Zeus and Smileo. I went camping this weekend and I forgot my charger and I was in a world of hurt. The Zeus lasted me for the first day and a half though. Then I had some disposables I like to keep around for these kinds of situations.

I'm glad you love our juice! I've tried a lot of the flavors, but I still keep comin' back to the Cinnablaze. What's your fave?

The new espresso is awesome. I also am fond of Congress and Outlaw for tobacco-ish stuff.

Reactions: LadyVapentine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread