For on the go/office use: eRoll or SI volt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAlert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
NJ
Switching career paths recently has brought on a new challenge. I used to have my own office where I could keep whatever mod I had on me that day on my desk and noone would see it let alone mess with it or ask questions constantly. New job I'm not so lucky. I have to keep whatever I'm vaping on in a pocket so I can move around and not weigh a lot(in a suit now, can't have any unsightly bulges). I've been looking into either an eRoll or a volt w/the mega PCC for at work vaping. I know the eRoll only sports a 90mah battery, but smoke breaks will be just that, 5-10 minutes max then back to the races. I figure an eRoll with a ucan full of juice would do just fine, or a volt in a mega pcc with 4-5 cartos for the day. I need something portable, light weight and not bulky by any means. I tried doing it with an ego and clearomizers, but they hang out of my pocket, look horrible and breaking a tank in my pocket would suck. Just looking for opinions on which you'd chose and why.

drifter17x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Orange County CA
Si volt hands down. Thier pro starter kit is the way to go. I actually quit smoking analogs using the volt cigalike batteries. Thier ry4 and freedom is to die for. I work at a vape shop and sell the eroll and personally have one myself. Put it this way and do yourself a favor.DON'T get it!! Lol besides smokeless images customer service is hands down the best around

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Switching career paths recently has brought on a new challenge. I used to have my own office where I could keep whatever mod I had on me that day on my desk and noone would see it let alone mess with it or ask questions constantly. New job I'm not so lucky. I have to keep whatever I'm vaping on in a pocket so I can move around and not weigh a lot(in a suit now, can't have any unsightly bulges). I've been looking into either an eRoll or a volt w/the mega PCC for at work vaping. I know the eRoll only sports a 90mah battery, but smoke breaks will be just that, 5-10 minutes max then back to the races. I figure an eRoll with a ucan full of juice would do just fine, or a volt in a mega pcc with 4-5 cartos for the day. I need something portable, light weight and not bulky by any means. I tried doing it with an ego and clearomizers, but they hang out of my pocket, look horrible and breaking a tank in my pocket would suck. Just looking for opinions on which you'd chose and why.

Its a hard choice. I have Smokeless Image Volts, but I have friends who like the eRoll. In fact one of my friends has been a bit like you in wanting to go back to something smaller and he has been very happy using the eRoll everyday.
What I liked and still do, about the Volts is the 78mm batteries are 320 mah - I get around 2.5 hour vape time from them. So while a PCC can be good I never used one - I just had a couple of charged up batteries for work.
Either one will be good and plenty of people seem to really like them both.

Here's the Smokeless Image coupon codes to use if you go with their pvs:
10VOLTECF for 10% off entire purchase
CompareOur808d for 15% off cartomizers only

Last edited:

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
It's not one of the choices but i thought i would mention the ecab since not many people here talk about it. I use an ecab with 510 adapter, imr Efest or AW batteries (350 mah), and 1.8 ohm kanger horizontal carts when out and about. The button is flush with the tube so it's not likely to go off in your pocket. 10440 batts are tiny, i can easily fit two in the coin pocket of my pants. I've also used the Vision nano clearomizers on it with good results. It's a little longer than the eroll but i think the higher capacity, user replaceable batteries make it worth it.

I'm surprised the ecab doesn't more love around here. The only other 10440 mods i can think of are the GG slime and Super-T Precise which are both discontinued and costs way more than the ecab. I have ego/ego twists batts, big batt mods, mech mods and the cab is still my favorite for out and about, sleek/discrete vaping.

EricDykstra

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,il
I have the eroll and the ecab.

For smoke breaks go with the eroll. Its small, seriously good hits, with the pcc it will last you all day. You can either prefill carts or use the ucan. I prefer the prefill method. It a little more innocuous to change a cart than to haul out the ucan and fill. Both methods work great. I have two erolls and one pcc. That way I always have a fully charged eroll.

The ecab is great as well. Not as small as the eroll but not that big either. Its a little smaller than a fine sharpy. Should last you all day or almost without changing batteries. Hits good, both use eco-c atomizers. I have a twist I really never use. I found myself using the ecab instead. Its just easier.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
I think youd be happy with either. I think the eroll requires a little more maintenance than the volt though. Mine would tend to condensate in the air path so id have to wipe the cone out every fill if i vaped heavily with it. If i needed something compact at this point, and i do a lot, i use a standard ego 650 with an Evod at 1.8ohms. Its light and easy to throw in a pocket, and cheap enough to not worry about it getting banged up. In all honesty it hits near as good as any of my mods with various clearos/cartotanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread