For over 9 years, I've always found great info on here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philly555

Apr 5, 2021
Hi folks,
I finally quit smoking around a decade ago. This site is partly responsible because I read some good e-liquid suggestions and finally found one that I've used ever since. Problem is, I've been ordering it from a shop that's about 600 miles away and I don't want to have to drive there to get it. I'm hoping to find some good suggestions for DIY. I really don't want to start smoking again. Thanks in advance for your advice.
-Philly555

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
A couple ideas, in case you didn't think of these:

1) name the vendor and juice. If it's something popular, there may well be a recipe that tries to match it published here or on a recipe site someone here could point you to.

2) You could ask the vendor for help. Ask if they have a shipping solution coming. And if they DON'T, you could ask them nicely, "Hate to have to ask, but do you think if I promise to use it just for myself, that you could give me the recipe?" It's happened before - a maker stopped a line or closed shop, and gave customers the recipes - and those were unique. Yours might be something pretty simple they wouldn't mind telling you... No hard feelings if they don't, but no harm in asking.

Finally - you can just think of DIY as a fun new hobby for a while, until your experiments achieve something you can vape all the time. Good luck!
:)

Hi folks,
I finally quit smoking around a decade ago. This site is partly responsible because I read some good e-liquid suggestions and finally found one that I've used ever since. Problem is, I've been ordering it from a shop that's about 600 miles away and I don't want to have to drive there to get it. I'm hoping to find some good suggestions for DIY. I really don't want to start smoking again. Thanks in advance for your advice.
-Philly555

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
As others have suggested if you have a relationship with them and they recognize that you've been a long time customer they may very well help you out with at least a general idea of what recipe you may need. Or they may even be willing to work with another closer vape shop if there is one to make sure that you can pick it up without driving for three days and three nights lol. It just depends on the company. Also in the event that they do not want to relinquish that information which is understandable they may modify that answer in September if the PMTAs don't go well companies may be more open to giving a recipe or a close representation of the recipe. If you could get them to give you the base flavors with one of them alternated so it's slightly different it may be good enough and they may feel more comfortable with that since they'll still have their one secret ingredient. Also because one of the best ways to describe what you're looking for in a homemade e-juice is to describe a commercial e-juice that someone may have had experience with information on what product it is may be helpful so that someone can help you out.

My favorite e-juice is a pink lemonade by a local manufacturer and while lemonade is pretty simple you would think I cannot get it down for the life of me because almost every lemonade that I have ever made with any combination of flavors always comes out as crystal light or summertime lemonade lol and because it is a small local manufacturer that does ship across the country but nobody is familiar with my e-juice so nobody can give me a help on how to figure it out But I have heard occasionally people will allow you to send them a sample and they will try to suss it out for you for a minor fee or maybe just kindness of their heart I may get to the point where I need to do that because the 25 bottles that I own presently isn't going to last me more than a couple years

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Hello @Philly555 and welcome to ECF. :)

If you don't have any nicotine for DIY, now is the time to buy as much as you can afford.

Here is current info for purchasing nic:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/ubs/list-of-usa-based-nicotine-base-vendors.17/

Calculator for figuring out how much nic you need.
Vaping Community e-liquid Calculator - Vapocalypse Calculator

This DIY thread sees the most daily traffic. Random DIY mixing and More
There are many folks of all levels participating. Just jump in with your questions. You will find us to be friendly and very helpful.

Tons of DIY info here including recipes: DIY E-Liquid

Here are recipes created by many of our members: Being an Index of Recipes in the "Random DIY mixing and More" and "Liquor Flavors?" Threads | E-Cigarette Forum

Many recipes here: Recipes for Dummies

The attached DIY Information PDF was put together by one of our members. You will find much useful info in it.

Attachments

• DIY information.pdf
    806.7 KB · Views: 5

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
Hi folks,
-Philly555
What's the flave you want to copy?

Philly555

Apr 5, 2021
What's the flave you want to copy?
It's 555 made by The Vapor Room. I took the advice of a couple of those who responded to this thread (thank you, btw) and logged into TVR website to send them an email. I noticed they aren't selling any of their own juices anymore. I knew there was a real possibility of that happening back in September(?), so I bought all I could back then (I also bulked up on hardware). I thought that would give me plenty of time to figure something else out. Shortly afterwards, my daughter unexpectedly passed away, so all of this hasn't been a priority. I don't want to start smoking again, but I'm afraid with all this FDA nonsense, it's a real possibility. Thanks for being nice enough to ask (and for letting me vent).

Philly555

Apr 5, 2021

If you don't have any nicotine for DIY, now is the time to buy as much as you can afford.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/ubs/list-of-usa-based-nicotine-base-vendors.17/

There are many folks of all levels participating. Just jump in with your questions. You will find us to be friendly and very helpful.

Here are recipes created by many of our members: Being an Index of Recipes in the "Random DIY mixing and More" and "Liquor Flavors?" Threads | E-Cigarette Forum

The attached DIY Information PDF was put together by one of our members. You will find much useful info in it.
Wow...this is incredibly helpful. I really appreciate the time it took you to put all this together. Thank you so much.

Royj

Sep 26, 2019

Wow grate info, though had enough nic stocked up till I used that easy calculator. Buying more now. Awesome links

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
It's 555 made by The Vapor Room. I took the advice of a couple of those who responded to this thread (thank you, btw) and logged into TVR website to send them an email. I noticed they aren't selling any of their own juices anymore. I knew there was a real possibility of that happening back in September(?), so I bought all I could back then (I also bulked up on hardware). I thought that would give me plenty of time to figure something else out. Shortly afterwards, my daughter unexpectedly passed away, .

I am so very sorry to know about your daughter. I hope you will find peace.

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
Hi Philly. My condolences on the loss of your daughter. Thanks for sharing your life with us. I wanted to say that if you do smoke a cig don’t beat yourself up over it. I know of a few people around here, myself included who have had a smoke or 2 after quitting for vaping. You might just find it tastes like poo though. TVR is a great company who’s been around for a long time. I would totally give them a shout out and see if they could help you out. Thanks for joining ecf.

Reactions: bnrkwest

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
sorry I'm not really big on tobacco flavors, but I'm sure if you popped over into the random diy thread (that others have suggested) someone in there would be able to help...the best I could do would be to search around for a recipe but again as I don't vape tobaccos I couldn't tell you if the recipe was good or not, or if it was close to what you are used to...but I'm sure someone else would know better.
elr (e liquid recipes) has several recipes under 555 (lol I can't post a link because for some reason it's banned here) but again I couldn't really tell you which one is best or close to what you're used to but please feel free to ask in the random diy thread where more knowledgeable folks are at.

as you are new (or thinking to start) diy, you might be interested to read a post I made of some helpful info (though now with the mail ban I'm not sure how much the where to get nicotine from part is much help but meh....) it will hopefully at least give you a good idea on where/how to start and etc
General Info and Advice on getting started with DIY, where to start... | E-Cigarette Forum

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
It's 555 made by The Vapor Room. I took the advice of a couple of those who responded to this thread (thank you, btw) and logged into TVR website to send them an email. I noticed they aren't selling any of their own juices anymore. I knew there was a real possibility of that happening back in September(?), so I bought all I could back then (I also bulked up on hardware). I thought that would give me plenty of time to figure something else out. Shortly afterwards, my daughter unexpectedly passed away, so all of this hasn't been a priority. I don't want to start smoking again, but I'm afraid with all this FDA nonsense, it's a real possibility. Thanks for being nice enough to ask (and for letting me vent).

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's crushing to lose a child..

You might try this I found on ELR, Element 555:

555 Gold (INAWERA)
3.00%

Almond (Mandorla) (FA)
1.00%

Caramel (Caramello) (FA)
2.50%

Cereal 27 (CAP)
2.00%

French Vanilla (TPA)
1.00%

Hazelnut (FW)
1.50%

Walnut (FA)
1.8%

Suggested steeping time is 2 weeks and it's mixed at a 50PG/50VG ratio at whatever nicotine content you prefer... if you want to try it out. I've never tried it myself as not the type of flavor I prefer so I can't comment on the recipe itself, other than it looks correct according to the description the store you buy from gives. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread