The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

For People Who Think The Provari Is Too Expensive

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by bcalvanese, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bcalvanese

bcalvanese Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I have had my Provari for 4 weeks now and figure I have had a $428.00 return on my investment so far.

3 packs of cigarettes a day times 28 days = 3 x 7 x 28 = $588.00

Minus the cost of the Provari = $160.00

Return on investment = $428.00

I started showing returns on the 8th day of not buying cigarettes...:)

Your results may vairy depending on how much you smoke, but the point is, it will pay for itself in a very short time.

~Just Sayin~

2. vsummer1

vsummer1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2012
    California
    I like the way you think. I put it in terms of life of the others vs. life of a unit that has replaceable, stonger, longer lasting batteries.

Oh, and the superior craftsmanship and vaping experience. And that I didn't have to buy a thingy to find out the ohms on my atty saved me some money also. And the customer service should something ever go wrong with it, you know, that one year warranty? Those things are money baby.

3. GoneWiththeWind

GoneWiththeWind Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2011
    USA
    how long did it take you to receive your provari once you ordered it? i need a new, reliable pv!!!!

4. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    Any e cig device will quickly pay for itself, not just a provari.

5. bcalvanese

Jun 16, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    About 3 or 4 days.

6. martinc

martinc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    Ima build a $10K APV and sell it to you,considering that you shouldnt smoke cigs for the rest of your life (well,lets stick to 20yrs)

:laugh:

7. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    Had you bought a Twist your return on investment = $558.00.

See how that works?

8. bcalvanese

Jun 16, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    True, but you also get what you pay for...:)

9. bcalvanese

Jun 16, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I have a few twist baterries, that I keep for backups, and loan out to other people to see if it would help them quit smoking. Nothing that I have tried so far is even in the same league as the Provari, and I think it's well worth the investment.

My main point here is... what ever you get that will help you quit cigarettes will pay for itself pretty quickly no matter how expensive it is (within reason). I just used the Provari as an example of my experience.

10. bcalvanese

Jun 16, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Would that come with free shipping...LOL

11. thinkingaboutit

thinkingaboutit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2012
    mn
    My provari doesn't work without juice, a feeder system of some sort, and batteries/charger. I should have gotten a better provari :(

12. Ashien

Ashien Full Member Verified Member

Sep 6, 2012
    The Ozarks
    I totally understand what you are saying about ROI. I wanted to initially get a Provari, but I work outside and couldn't see getting one and dropping it, or getting rained on and then not having it work anymore.

I do want to get one eventually for home use, but a durable, rebuildable, mechanical PV was my go to for starting out.

13. Chakris

Chakris Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Bangkok, Thailand
    That's why I bought a Totally Wicked, Odyssey. Aside from the bat, Cartomizer coil and the O-rings, it is made to last a lifetime.

I'll come back and let you know how it works in about two weeks. (It's in the mail.)

14. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I can't argue with your logic except to say that ROI is also relative. You might have received an outstanding ROI on your Provari, but getting a Twist or similar would provide an even greater return. The apples to apples comparison would be to compare a Provari with another VV bat. That said, if you're happy, that's all that matters. One day when I have some extra loot laying around, I may spring for a Provari. Until then, I'll put up with the minor annoyances of my Twist for 20% of the cost.

15. Hott_Karl

Hott_Karl Full Member Verified Member

Hello! New member here and this is my first post. I am seriously considering spending the money to get the ProVari mini as my first ever battery mod. I have done quite a bit of research on a few mods and keep coming back to the ProVari.
    I figure that it would be worth the cost to get the superior device.

16. the_vape_nerd

the_vape_nerd Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 20, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    err not everyone wants a big bulky device....in fact im finding the longer i vape, the smaller i want my devices to be...

17. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    If you have money to pissaway, by all means get it. If you don't, then get the much more affordable Twist (or similar). You can buy 5 Twists for the price of a Provari but you wont get 5x more performance from the Provari. Not even close. Welcome aboard.

18. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I walked into the store (ENS), and said "I want that one".

But, I can still get just as satisfying a vape from my $20 SD Keyring as I get from my $200 ProVari.
    How you use what you use is just as important as what you use. Your ProVari can provide you with the worse vape you could ever imagine any time you want it to.

19. Mezzum

Mezzum Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe, Texas
    You would be correct!

20. rondasherrill

rondasherrill Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 19, 2012
    Valhalla
    No but you will get about twice the power out of a Provari, and you won't have to replace the Provari every 3-6 months(rated lifespan of eGo type devices).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.