For People Who Think The Provari Is Too Expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
What's not to love about the menu system?

I watched the video on how to use it. Took me about 5 minutes to master it once my Provari was set up with fresh batteries when it arrived.

5 quick clicks to activate the menu system.
Single click to move thru the menu.
Press and hold button to scroll up or down to increase or decrease (depending upon the mode) voltage. Release button when desired voltage is reached.
Wait 3 seconds and menu system system automatically disengages.
vape.

Really easier than how that reads out above. Trust me. Once it is in your hand and you get to play with it for 5 minutes, its easy to find what you need, By the second or third day, it's second nature w/o thinking about it.

He says this about the menu system in every Provari thread, and in every thread someone says what you just did. Ultimately, he feels that the menu system shouldn't require the 30 seconds to learn.

That having been said, from his other posts he seems like the type that tweaks several times a day, so maybe the menu system would be annoying for him...

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
He says this about the menu system in every Provari thread, and in every thread someone says what you just did. Ultimately, he feels that the menu system shouldn't require the 30 seconds to learn.

That having been said, from his other posts he seems like the type that tweaks several times a day, so maybe the menu system would be annoying for him...

Had he actually tried one I would put more value on his opinion. I don't talk about rebuildable atty's because I am too new to understand why it would be more attractive to play with itsy bitsy things, but until I do it I will never understand. Thus my opinion on them is essentially worthless.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA

I know the menu system. I just remember things like that. Hand me yours, and I'll be able to use it as well as you can except that I'd actually have to look at the display until I get the timing right.

That's it. I adjust my voltage at least once during my 4 mile drive home from work. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any good way to tell if that's because the Twist is being inconsistent or because my tastes actually change that much from moment to moment.

Mostly, I'm complaining in case someone else like me would hate that system as much as I feel like I would and to hope someone points out something that regulates voltage that well without that menu system.

$300 for a PV that well made, a pair of 18650s, the end cap (which I feel like shouldn't be necessary, but whatever), a charger, and an extra year of warranty……that's a lot of money. But it's also only about 6-weeks worth of cigarettes for me.

Totally justifiable. It is not too expensive. It just bugs me how everyone considers it the best. It might be, and I might end up owning one……but I think that says very sad things for the people designing these things. Either that or–more likely–all the good designers think that VV is a joke……which I really don't understand.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I didn't intend to start a Provari war. I just wanted to show that even an expensive PV would pay for itself in a short time.

Even if you smoked a pack of cigarettes a day, it would more than pay for itself in a month.

For those who are saying that I pay nothing for the carto's and liquid, I don't remember saying that my carto's/liquid paid for them selves. I am only saying that the Provari paid for itself, but now that you mention it, lets talk about that... shall we?

Lets just say that 1ml of liquid is a pack of cigarettes.
And lets just say that a caromizer lasts 4 to 8 fills, so lets say 6 fills.
Lets say I fill my carts with a pack (1ml) of liquid each time.
1 carto is about $1.50 and good juice is about 50 cents per ml.
That would be something like ((1.50 / 6) + .50) = .75 per pack.
For my 3 pack a day habit, it would cost me $2.25 per day, which would equal $63.00 for the four weeks I have owned my Provari.
If you minus that from the $428.00 that I had left after not buying cigarettes, I still have a $365.00 return on my investment.
Minus $44.00 for 4 batteries leaves me with $321.00, and I already had the charger, but even with a $25.00 charger, I still have $296.00.

And to those who are saying.... I could never afford a Provari.... It's way too much money... etc... etc...

HOW THE HEAK DID YOU AFFORD CIGARETTES ALL THOSE YEARS?????

Now thats funny...:)

Anyway, I am just using the Provari as an example, because that is the PV that I have chosen.

My main point with this thread is that anyone who smokes cigarettes can afford to treat themselves to a nice quality mod.

We all deserve it for quitting cigarettes.

~peace~

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
i didn't intend to start a provari war. I just wanted to show that even an expensive pv would pay for itself in a short time.

Even if you smoked a pack of cigarettes a day, it would more than pay for itself in a month.

For those who are saying that i pay nothing for the carto's and liquid, i don't remember saying that my carto's/liquid paid for them selves. I am only saying that the provari paid for itself, but now that you mention it, lets talk about that... Shall we?

Lets just say that 1ml of liquid is a pack of cigarettes.
And lets just say that a caromizer lasts 4 to 8 fills, so lets say 6 fills.
Lets say i fill my carts with a pack (1ml) of liquid each time.
1 carto is about $1.50 and good juice is about 50 cents per ml.
That would be something like ((1.50 / 6) + .50) = .75 per pack.
For my 3 pack a day habit, it would cost me $2.25 per day, which would equal $63.00 for the four weeks i have owned my provari.
If you minus that from the $428.00 that i had left after not buying cigarettes, i still have a $365.00 return on my investment.
Minus $44.00 for 4 batteries leaves me with $321.00, and i already had the charger, but even with a $25.00 charger, i still have $296.00.

And to those who are saying.... I could never afford a provari.... It's way too much money... Etc... Etc...

How the heak did you afford cigarettes all those years?????

Now thats funny...:)

anyway, i am just using the provari as an example, because that is the pv that i have chosen.

My main point with this thread is that anyone who smokes cigarettes can afford to treat themselves to a nice quality mod.

We all deserve it for quitting cigarettes.

~peace~

warmonger!!!!! :)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

$20 for 30ml. About 90ml a month. For me that leaves about $90 a month. Attys about $5 a week.
Down to about $70 a month left to pay for the hardware. That's 2-3 months to pay for a Provari at my smoking prices and rates. Then you need a backup, I want consistency so it would have to be another Provari, 4-6 months.

Moueix

Moved On
Aug 20, 2012
Michigan and Iowa
How silly this thread is. I'm just glad I discovered how easily I can give up analogs with tasty nic juices. If all the PV's in the world disappeared tomorrow, I'd be happy huffing juice over a hot frying pan. It's all good when the lungs are getting pinker by the day and I look at my friends and family and know I'm going to get more time with them.

The strength of this forum lies in telling each other what we like and don't like about what we try, so others can make better decisions for themselves without unnecessary expense. I'm very happy for those who've found what works best for them, but I'd rather see a friend with a Blu than an analog.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
$20 for 30ml. About 90ml a month. For me that leaves about $90 a month. Attys about $5 a week.
Down to about $70 a month left to pay for the hardware. That's 2-3 months to pay for a Provari at my smoking prices and rates. Then you need a backup, I want consistency so it would have to be another Provari, 4-6 months.

You're comparing to liquid and atty's, not cigarettes...:)

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
I really like and enjoy the Provari I've had for 7 months or so now, but have come to realize that there are actually very good comparable devices out there for less cost. While it does not have every single feature of the Provari...
I've found that a mechanical 18650 mod(mine is a 50cal. from jrcustomturning) with the "kick" from evolv kicks Provari .... on vape alone.
The kick costs 40-50 dollars.

I still need my Provari to check battery levels and resistance but it sure does get used a lot less nowadays.

The kick IS a game changer imo.:vapor::vapor:

OOOPS the thread is in the Provari section now, I take it back...

Last edited:

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I can't argue with your logic except to say that ROI is also relative. You might have received an outstanding ROI on your Provari, but getting a Twist or similar would provide an even greater return. The apples to apples comparison would be to compare a Provari with another VV bat. That said, if you're happy, that's all that matters. One day when I have some extra loot laying around, I may spring for a Provari. Until then, I'll put up with the minor annoyances of my Twist for 20% of the cost.

I do have 2 or 3 twist batteries, and a few regular EGO batteries as well. I think the EGO's are great, but as the day goes on and the battery gets lower, so does the hit. Then I start thinking about smoking a cigarette. I need a consistant hit to stay satisfied, and it's hard enough to quit smoking even without having to deal with inconsistancy of the hit.

Also, for the most part, the EGO batteries are good, but I have had a couple do some weird things to the point where I had to dispose of them, in fear that something bad would happen if I kept using them.

I also have a Silver Bullet which is great, but it suffers the same inconsistant hit as the battery drains. I keep it (and my EGO batteries) as a backup, in case my Provari falls off a cliff and dies on impact...:)

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I just wanted a unit that wouldn't die, that I didn't have to charge a lot. I like the fact that I can charge a battery instead of the whole unit so I don't need 2, just 2 batteries at $10 each that last a year each. I would have bought the less expensive item with the kick, but heard the kick also dies and at $40 didn't want to deal with that either. It works FOR ME. My parents were children of the depression, and believed in buying quality ONCE, buying on sale and stocking up, and generally cost averaging their purchases. So that is what I do.

For ME the cost will be less over time for a device that does everything I want. And if something happens, I have a warranty and good service. It is cheaper to repair it than to replace eGo's every 250 charges. Yes, the initial outlay is steep but unless I lose it, I will never need to replace it. EVER. They rarely have anything go wrong, I scoured this forum and every single thing that went wrong was cheaply repaired by Provape. That is why everyone is so gaga for them, buy once own forever and THEY HOLD THEIR VALUE. Check the classifieds, you won't see disposables selling for very much there but you will see ProVari's selling at close to cost.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Like or dislike the ProVari ! What ever helps you stay off analogs, it's Win/Win. That's all I have to say about it.
And my ProVari should be here today!

I hope you have as good an experience as I do.

I want to also say that I do like the Twist. I use my Twists. I recommend them frequently to people who don't want a permanent device and will continue to do so until they make the next great disposable. I don't like to take my expensive stuff out of the house as I can't afford to lose them. That is where the eGo's fit right in, for running around town. If I drop it or lose it I won't be heartbroken.

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
I have bought many, many mods in my short time vaping. I have a 12 dollar eGo all the way to a very expensive French mod.

I LOVE buying just about anything different I can get my hands on, and using all of them... then selling off what I don't want/need and settling on what is my best device or my "go to" device. I do this with EVERYTHING... I am lucky enough to have the little extra disposable income to do this, and I try to review everything I get because, there are others out there who might only get to pick one and they'll need help deciding what that "one" is for them.

At one point I had about 15 mods sitting on my desk and a wife with a glare.

Anyway, to the point: Given all these mods I have owned there is only one I would own two of. That one is my ProVari. I feel like the form factor, size, weight and features sit in the "perfect" range for me.

Vape what you want, buy what you can afford. I hate these pissing contests.

Last edited:

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
This is the first time since I started reading threads here that A thread has made me angry.

No offense mates, but if there is anything in this thread making someone angry then they might just be identifying a wee bit too much with their fog stick.

I know, I know!

You Sur, have spoken ill of my provahreh thereby offending my honor. I must have my satisfaction therefore my second will call upon your second before this day ends. We shall duel at sunrise and my weapon of choice shall be naval cutlesses because I am aware your arms are weak from wielding your girly 33gram Ego twist. No, my weapon of choice shall be the 4oz provahreh and I shall bludgeon you until you cry uncle....

c'mon, it's all in good humor. It's a pv, not your spouse or child.

cheers,
cho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread