For the Non PG people....

Status
Not open for further replies.

No burn baby

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England, UK
I originally put this thread in the health section but there were no replies. I know we have some exclusive VG vapers on here and would really love and appreciate to hear from you!

I am interested in hearing from those of you who vape VG exclusively and avoid all PG. I have opted to vape just VG because I believe it is likely a safer alternative. I vape very, very occasionally though so am interested in how you heavier users are finding it. I am ESPECIALLY interested in hearing from you guys who vape no nic VG. Cash, don't you?

How have you gotten on with VG in comparison to PG? What side effects has it produced for you? Any reactions, acne or odd effects of those types? I look forward to reading your reports!

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
hmmmm ....

When I first started esmoking, side effects were brutal. I continued to push through it and after I think 7-10 days, I succeeded. Zero side effect since.

Now, I have used JC's VG Juice. The transfer from PG to VG was simple and there were no ill side effects from the VG. Now, when I made my own concoction for fun a few months back, I used a swisher sweet, 50% PG and 50% VG ... Again, no side effects (except for the small amount I dripped on my hand ... my heart was beating out of my chest)

If you want a pure VG Juice, snatch it up from JC (or Smokester who sells in the UK) if you want any nic in it. If you want zero nic, I'm not quite sure how to go about it without getting traces of PG from flavoring extracts ... so again, even if you want zero nic, I would probably go with JC VG Zero nic :)

I think I just confused myself ... o well, hopefully it was clearer for you! End result, no issues with VG plain and simple!

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
just thought of something ...

If you like menthol ... you can try putting 100% pure VG in a 10ml bottle, and add 2 menthol crystals ... That should really liven things up a bit! No nic, but atleast you have a flavoring that can combat the heaviness/flavor saturation of the VG alone.
i do this sometimes...i make it strong...its like vaping vicks vaporub...very cheap,strong,refreshing zero nic menthol liquid...

alas,no throat hit obviously...and very sticky,messy and thick...really needs some dilution...

No burn baby

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Thank you all. Cash you are a star, thanks for the lowdown dude! Commercial juice wise I have JC no nic/npg in my fridge right now, I dig it! Just the sort of light, fluffy flavour I like to vape. I personally really rate their juice.

I also have the menthol crystals all ready to rock and roll and am excited. Thanks again for the suggestion. I'm going to experiment with adding a little distilled water and alcohol to the mix as I find VG so gloopy, it practically doesn't penetrate the top of the cart its so thick.

Hmmm, so is it likely all my Lor Ann flavours have PG in them? That would be a bit of a bummer. I'm waiting on them now and was going to whizz up my own formulas. If that is the case I may have to just stick to good old JC NPG.

Anyone else have any observations on VG? Especially on side effects from VG? That is what I'm really keen to hear, whether people have experienced the negative effects from VG, especially acne, that one terrifies me!

No burn baby

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Speak to Smokester, mine was a special order. I have tried vanilla which I thought was delicious, one of the best vanilla formulations I've tried, plus strawberry and peach cobbler, which were both also wonderful. I have a whole set of NPG 0 nic testers, I think they are currently available on the website in all nic strengths, both VG and PG, or they were last I looked. Check it out.

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
Speak to Smokester, mine was a special order. I have tried vanilla which I thought was delicious, one of the best vanilla formulations I've tried, plus strawberry and peach cobbler, which were both also wonderful. I have a whole set of NPG 0 nic testers, I think they are currently available on the website in all nic strengths, both VG and PG, or they were last I looked. Check it out.

he has the sample packs by now,but no low nic flavors separatly yet. (hopefully soon)

btw.
can anyone report a comparsion between the JC and Smokesters e-juice?

Last edited:

Natty Bo

Nov 23, 2008
UK
Which is why I assume Mint Chocolate Madness will have a sort of After Eights like taste. Especially after reading the delight vapers have been getting mixing choc and mint juice together. Not into mixing myself.

Though I do need a good strong taste like After Eights for that after meal vape when I'm most prone to picking up an analogue. Seems the flavours I've tried so far (mostly tobacco like varieties) cannot cut through a lot of residual food flavours. Straight out overt minty-ness would do my head in (headache); Granny fed me too many Imperial Spearmints in my youth. Though I'll happily demolish an enitre box of After Eights.

parapo said:
can anyone report a comparsion between the JC and Smokesters e-juice?

I don't think I have enough experince to spot a telling difference yet. The JC Bulldog (Medium) is quite fierce despite a lot of people saying JC juice is on the smooth side.

The Marlboro (Low) and Cigar (Zero) e-juices he has are very good, even though the latter is quite sweet and aromatic (inna nice way). His Virginia (Low) was a disappointment; couldn't taste anything. However my taste buds are still in recovery after 7+ years of smoking. And his Camel (High) is a bit of a morish, smooth honey'd smokiness.

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
Which is why I assume Mint Chocolate Madness will have a sort of After Eights like taste. Especially after reading the delight vapers have been getting mixing choc and mint juice together. Not into mixing myself.

Though I do need a good strong taste like After Eights for that after meal vape when I'm most prone to picking up an analogue. Seems the flavours I've tried so far (mostly tobacco like varieties) cannot cut through a lot of residual food flavours. Straight out overt minty-ness would do my head in (headache); Granny fed me too many Imperial Spearmints in my youth. Though I'll happily demolish an enitre box of After Eights.

I don't think I have enough experince to spot a telling difference yet. The JC Bulldog (Medium) is quite fierce despite a lot of people saying JC juice is on the smooth side.

The Marlboro (Low) and Cigar (Zero) e-juices he has are very good, even though the latter is quite sweet and aromatic (inna nice way). His Virginia (Low) was a disappointment; couldn't taste anything. However my taste buds are still in recovery after 7+ years of smoking. And his Camel (High) is a bit of a morish, smooth honey'd smokiness.

nice report thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread