For the Noobs - Some Simple and Kind Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
San Antonio
Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping! If you smoke cigarettes - often referred to as "stinkys" - I hope that you have already quit (as I have) or vaping will help you quit in the near future - trust me - you don't need to smoke if you are vaping "right".

Myself - I quit smoking end of January this year - and haven't looked back - I was at about 2ppd at that time, ran out of smokes - vaped for the night - and never bothered to get a ciggy again. Not saying quitting is easy for anyone - that was just my experience.

I have turned vaping into a hobby - I'm all into the rebuildables and all the cool mods and such - lots of money - which is okay by me because I don't smoke - and that's really all that is important - I don't smoke. Guess you could say that I use the money I spend as a re-enforcer not to smoke - and that's fine - because it is working. I have had a total of ZERO ciggys since I quit...ZERO!

For yourself - don't ever worry about what great mod someone is vaping - never EVER feel ashamed of your vape! It's not a contest! It isn't a situation where whoever spends the most money wins (I'd probably be in the running...groan). Vape what makes you happy - what works for you.
Don't ever let anyone tell you that a Vamo (or the like) and a ProTank is a bad vape - because it's not - it's actually a VERY good and reasonably priced vape - wish I had started there! MANY MANY people could have that setup and be happy - forever - it's good and satisfying.

Don't care that your mod isn't "high end" - don't feel obligated or embarrassed - vape what WORKS for you. This can be a very expensive thing - if you let it - but it doesn't have to be. The vape quality REALLY isn't that much different - on a scale of 1 to 10 - a kanger protank is probably about an 8.5 - compared to the best vape ever. Understand that people like myself are vape elitists - looking for the "11" vape - you don't need that!

If you have found a way to not smoke - I don't care what it is - if it works for you - it's PERFECT. Don't ever feel that you HAVE to compete with ANYONE - buy what YOU like. Of course, pay attention to the forums and reviews - because hopefully we will steer you away from the garbage.....

Hell, I never thought I would quit stinkys - but - here I am. I didn't even plan on it - it just happened.

Welcome noobs - you'll hopefully find that we are a pretty helpful bunch. And - if you have quit smoking - give yourself a pat on the back.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
I have friends who are happy with Greensmoke after a years vaping, there is a lot of tech snobbery in here. The majority of folks (regulars here excluded) want something simple, reliable and low maintainance and are happy to pay a little extra to have that simplicity. The derided cig-a-like is the future and will be driven by mass consumption.

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
Ha I'm glad you posted this. I just use vision spinners because they work and I don't know squat about electronics. So yea, reading the forum I guess you could say I suffer from some "mod envy". Most because I don't know what they're talking about I figure its got to be way better than mine. But I have tried out the provari and I didn't think it did a better job than what Im using so I didn't get it.

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
Ha I'm glad you posted this. I just use vision spinners because they work and I don't know squat about electronics. So yea, reading the forum I guess you could say I suffer from some "mod envy". Most because I don't know what they're talking about I figure its got to be way better than mine. But I have tried out the provari and I didn't think it did a better job than what Im using so I didn't get it.

Nice to see you admit that you know squat... Especially after yesterday.

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN

You really do have some serious reading comprehension problems, don't you?

I said, "I don't know squat about electronics".

However, that does not IMPEDE my ability to use a dictionary, Webster's or otherwise. Don't go crying to the mods now...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
The thing I most especially like about Draconian's post is the message that whatever works for you is the perfect setup for you.

We are a diverse group of people on this forum. Some are hobbyists who love the latest mod or who love to build their own and are constantly on the lookout to try the newest thing. Some are minimalists who remain happily with the simplest system that satisfies their needs. And some are passionate about the equipment they use and think everyone would be better off using it too.

But we all have two things in common: We vape. And we like talking about it.

New vapers find this forum, and the information and discussions here help them on their vaping journey. I think Draconian's message is a great entry point on their trip!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Great post!
:)

The majority of folks (regulars here excluded) want something simple, reliable and low maintainance and are happy to pay a little extra to have that simplicity.
I have no doubt I qualify as a regular, but I not only want something simple, I insist on it.
That is why I only drip, and I only use standard 510 atomizers.

It's as simple as it gets, is 100% reliable, and has the lowest maintenance possible in my opinion.
And I don't really have to pay anything extra for these benefits.

Where I do pay extra for simplicity and low maintenance is with my juice buying.
I ONLY buy samples sizes, even on juices that I really like and continue to use on a regular basis.

The biggest juice bottle I will buy is 10ml, and even that is bigger than I want.
I like to be able to take at least two, if not three different flavors with me in my pocket when I leave the house.

So when it comes to keeping it simple, I take it to an extreme most others wouldn't even consider.
But hey, it's still one heck of a lot cheaper than buying pre-filled cartridges.

IrishUpstart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
River Falls, WI, USA
DC2:9727751 said:
Great post!

The majority of folks (regulars here excluded) want something simple, reliable and low maintainance and are happy to pay a little extra to have that simplicity.
I have no doubt I qualify as a regular, but I not only want something simple, I insist on it.
That is why I only drip, and I only use standard 510 atomizers.

It's as simple as it gets, is 100% reliable, and has the lowest maintenance possible in my opinion.

Could you link the atomizers you use? I'm thinking about doing something similar as you. Getting tired of everything.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Could you link the atomizers you use? I'm thinking about doing something similar as you. Getting tired of everything.
I use standard resistance Joye 510 atomizers, which you should be able to get at many online vape shops.
I buy mine in bulk from China, so unless you want to wait a few weeks to get them, you might not be interested in where I buy them.

But in the past I have used the following...
--Totally Wicked
--Innovapor
--Health Cabin
--Heaven Gifts
--ElectronicStix
--Vaporleaf

If money is a concern, you can probably find them for a lot less at some places than at others.
If so, I would suggest starting a new thread asking the best place to buy genuine Joye 510 atomizers.

You should get lots of input.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States

It's all about the ohmage.

That is great advice OP. I'd like to add the twists and evods are good as well for the beginner. Smaller size and just twist until the vape and flavor are right.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Wonderful post...bravo!!!

What about my Milo's? Lol

milos-tea-258x320.jpg

Kenny Young

Verified Member
May 15, 2013
Phoenix AZ, USA
www.facebook.com
BRILLIANT POST!

Thank you so much. I've gotten halfway through my third day of "no stinkies", and I must say that since I'm vaping, I'm not suffering at all. What I HAVE been doing is reading a LOT on ECF, and have found myself caught up in researching all this GEAR. On Monday, I ordered a VAMO V2 and a ProTank.

Good to hear that this setup will be fine. I can see myself getting caught up in the "latest and greatest", but one of the reasons I decided to quit smoking cigarettes was to save money. This post is very reassuring.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va

About yesterday...

I admire how even when you are completely wrong on an issue, and express yourself as poorly as you did, you still find time to hold on to grudges with those who disagreed with you (by being correct on the issue). That is really something.

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Sandston, Virginia, United States
What an excellent post! Great advice. I started almost 2 months ago with disposable Blu and GreenSmoke until my Apollo eGo came in. I now have a Halo Triton and a Vamo. Love them all. Will share them with anyone who wants to try them. They work for me. Agree with the OP that whatever works for an individual vaper, is PERFECT, and that is all anyone should worry about. Does it work? Yes? Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread