For the seasoned veterans, how many batteries have you accrued and how many mods do you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshness

Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I'm one of those people that hates being in a situation unprepared! In the two weeks i've been vaping, i have 2 mods with another 2 on the way and possible more soonafter. I currently have 1 battery, an 18490 in my provari and its killing me!!! Since i'm fresh off analogs I find myself puffing 24/7.

I thought it would be cool to see how some of you have come along over time. At this rate, I see myself ordering at least 6 batteries in the near future.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Interesting question.

I currently have 4 IMR 18650 batteries, but would feel better with one more. I have a vaper, who was impacted by a disaster, 5 IMR batteries so I used to have 9 on hand. Having a good quality charger that can work from home or car outlet gives me some confidence even though I am a heavy vaper. (A low vaping day is 6ml while a high vaping day can hit 10ml for the day.)

I've only got one mod that I use regularly, but I have 3 of that one mod. I have parts to make 4 box mods if for some reason my 3 ProVari's fail me in the future. I do keep a spare The Precious in the vehicle just in case, but I haven't used it in so long it would take me awhile to figure out how to use the settings menu again.

I'm not sure a vaper can have too many batteries...

BikerBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
VA
May I suggest a passthrough (plugs into USB)? If your computer can't handle it, there are USB power things that plug into the standard wall outlets. As long as you have electricity, you can vape.

I started with 360mAh 510s--6 batteries (clearance sale) and 2 chargers.
2 18650 IMRs came with my Lavatube 'kit'. (1 month in)
Then got a pair of 'eGo 18650 upgrades' and 2 eGo passthroughs. (2 months in)
Used the battery not in the Lavatube in one of these. Found myself with 2 batteries needing charge, and no spare. Picked up another 2 IMR batteries. and eGo charger. Built passthrough using variable voltage power supply from electronics bench. (3 months in)
Then had 1 in Lavatube, 1 in each eGo, all needing charge, and remaining one in charger. Put eGo charger to work.
At 1 year in, saw vendor with 18650 IMR sale. 4 more (8 18650 IMRs) Started looking for charger that could handle more than 1 battery at a time. Also picked up a pair of Bolts on sale (as backups).
Found charge/battery combo on sale--protected 18650s for use in Bolts.

Today's totals:
Mod batteries: 8 18650 IMRs, 4 protected 18650s, can charge 5 batteries at a time (1 in one charger, 4 in the other)
4 of the 510's still work
2 eGo passthroughs
Lavatube, 2 eGo 18650 upgrades, 2 Bolts.
Homebrew passthrough.

I agree with Hoosier on the magic '5' number. With a single charger, I returned home from a 2-week vacation (where I was unable to use passthroughs) with 3 batteries needing charge, and one mostly drained. Need to get the 12-volt cable for my new charger next.

...Bob

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
At this point all my mods will take is 18650's...except the telescoping ones which I still use as 18650s in so bit pointless really...

I have 5 active 18650 being used, charged, rotated... another 6 still in bubble wrap "new" I hold on to until those one goes bad.

I have 4 mod in hand...5th on waiting list hell may be another 2 month before it gets here BUT I think keeping 3-5 mods is a good range. Be surprised what can come up wrong with stuff...that nothing is suppose to come up wrong with. :/ Back up to your back up: to screw it I want a toot of something different!

A Back up charger too is a good idea too....(learned the hard way........)

APD99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Mar 11, 2011
    Bristol, PA
    Currently 8 Mods (Although I just grabbed a REO off of the classies so soon to be 9).
    I counted just cells and not different types so it's 28 batteries of varying sizes. I also have 2 Pila chargers (Keep one at work and one at home). My daily vape is my Chuck for now but depending on where I am going I have "Dress" Mods to fit most situations (Brass GGTB goes well with black tie and a VV Ego fits in with the cigar crowd at a board meeting)

mrtuna

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 28, 2010
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    This thread is good to make you think about emergencies. I just threw out a bunch of ProVari batteries and replaced them. They were not holding a charge very long and in the old days there was much talk about exploding batteries. I only have 4 long and 3 short red ProVari batteries and a Pila charger. A back up charger and more batteries is a must. Emergency radios have solar chargers with USB ports. It would be wise to have a way to charge batteries if the power is out for a few days. Back up mods are a must also. I always have 2 Provaris but my wife vapes my backup. I have an old mechanical mod too that will run on store bought batteries.
    Vape on friends!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread