For Thick Juices, any best Coil-ohms or power/temp settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Newbie here.

Are there any rule-of-thumb thoughts for mod-vaping really thick juices? High ohm? Low ohm? High temp/power? Low temp/power?

It’s CBD juice, so I am not looking for big clouds, just want reasonably efficient delivery.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

It all depends on what atomiser you are using. You can vape max VG at 80 watts in a Geekvape Zeus X RTA just as successfully as vaping max VG at 10 watts using a Hellvape MD MTL RTA.

Most tanks and rebuildables can handle thick juices at low and high wattages - it's only some pod devices that may struggle with it.

Mike-vape

Jun 18, 2020
    Thanks AngeNZ. Yeah I am definitely using a Mod tank, not a pod, and I have a few tanks to chose from. Any sort of coil or atomiser that works better in terms of not getting gunked up? Some people say ceramic are better for thick juice... and cotton not as good due to slower wicking (did I get that right?). But since I am using temp control I might be a bit limited on coil choices. This CBD juice is actually thicker than straight VG, it's made from CBD distillate. Think of honey consistency. Thanks! Michael

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    I've been looking at some of Freemax's offerings with tanks @Mike-vape, don't know if the Fireluke 3 would work well for your purposes. But the X1 coil certainly seems interesting though, as it seems it may well have good wicking potential and it uses Stainless Steel mesh which means that it could be used with TC.

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Yes VG is really thick and so is harder to wick. So you need to maximize the efficiency of your wicking, and whatever juice feeding mechanism you have in place.

The wattage needs to match the coil mass. This is to some degree independent of your problem.
    But the higher the wattage you use, the greater the juice demand will be. You you need to factor this into how efficient/effective your wicking is.

• Agree
    Reactions: ShamrockPat
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread