ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Geez its common knowledge this addon exists. Its available directly through the Chrome store and Firefox. I highly doubt my little post here is going to set off any alarms about a work around.

This isnt some big secret unless you only come here... i guess. Im surpised all the IT type people here were not already aware of it.
photbucket embedded fix addon - Google Search

• Agree
Reactions: mikepetro

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
No because it says the picture has been moved/missing. I get a box with a small red X in the lower right corner. This forum software might cache pictures on their end too. I ran into this with a forum that switched from vBulletin to this software. I found if i try to edit a older post i could see the pic in the edit window or if i clicked on the pic i could see it.

Can you see these pics?...I can and im 100% user they were not moved because the owner died. There are hundreds of PB pics here.
TGinPA Pressure Trace Data thread | Doug's Message Boards

Last edited:

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Most of the "IT" people quit using Photobucket years ago in favor of superior alternatives.

So you feel you are above helping those that have not moved to imgur or other hosts.....Thank you, that clears it up quite well. Good thing i dont feel the same way and came along to help people then.

I use imgur and im a admin on phpBB based forum. Oddly that does not prevent me from trying to find solutions for others when i can.

Reactions: Winblows

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
No because it says the picture has been moved. I get a box with a small red X in the lower right corner. This forum software might cache pictures on their end too. I ran into this with a forum that switched from vBulletin to this software. I found if i try to edit a older post i could see the pic in the edit window or if i clicked on the pic i could see it.

Can you see these pics?...I can and im 100% user they were not moved because the owner died. There are hundreds of PB pics here.
TGinPA Pressure Trace Data thread | Doug's Message Boards
Yes, I can see those.

And yes, ECF is mangling the link somehow in my threads.
Code:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi938.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fad223%2Fmike_petro%2FDSCN0540_zps419f1e87.jpg&hash=43a10698ca9a97206c352efb7333ecb8

And Yes, I can see old Photsucket pics on my own phpBB forum as well with this addon.

Looks like ECF mangled the links enough that this addon wont work here.

Reactions: Winblows

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: mikepetro

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
We have a WINNER!!!!
This addon for Chrome DOES let me see all the pics in the "Girlie" mod thread!!!!
Photobucket Hotlink Fix

Double Winner!...Firefox version also works in the "Girlie" mod thread!!
Photobucket Hotlink Fix

I removed both the other embed fixes first BTW.

Yippee Kiyaaaa

It works a charm!!!!

Thank you, will be crossposting this one.

Thank you Sir!

Last edited:

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Glad to help. While not THE solution it does repair some old topics and gives you a chance to more easily download the pics again. The other fix wasn't the best for "copy image" or "save image as" but this one seems to work sofar.

That link i posted with pressure trace pics was critical data and a total PITA to save using the FireFox Screenshots feature. As i mentioned the owner died, that data is EXTREMELY expensive and time consuming to duplicate again. "Save Image As" often just resulted in a corrupted image.

So your quest to repair Xenforo PB links also fixed my problem. ;)

Last edited:

rberrios

Moved On
Nov 29, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Huh! ... I haven't used Photobucket since the fiasco last year when they suddenly changed to a paid service and broke a bajillion linked photo's around the world.

Yesterday I noticed in some of the old threads/posts where I had linked to my Photobucket pictures, they are being displayed again.

So, I went to Photobucket and they are advertising now at $1.99/month or $19.99/yr to host 3rd party pictures. I haven't paid that subscriptions but it looks like all the broken links from the past are now working again.

Anyone else see these for their old linked pictures to Photobucket?

Anyone else even still subscribed to this thread? :blush:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Huh! ... I haven't used Photobucket since the fiasco last year when they suddenly changed to a paid service and broke a bajillion linked photo's around the world.

Yesterday I noticed in some of the old threads/posts where I had linked to my Photobucket pictures, they are being displayed again.

So, I went to Photobucket and they are advertising now at $1.99/month or $19.99/yr to host 3rd party pictures. I haven't paid that subscriptions but it looks like all the broken links from the past are now working again.

That would be great if all old pictures came back. I would even pay just to see them again. Bu, I have never used them in particular for hosting. Easier elsewhere.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

Yes, it seems they have freed the previous linked photos and the new management is saying they want to earn back trust...I think new images will require the rather fairly priced fees.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2013

Unfortunately mine dont show. I deleted my account a few weeks ago. I gave them 6 months to be reasonable, they didnt, so I left.

"Trust" hahahaaaaa, never again! Had they done something reasonable like this to begin with, I might have considered it. But holding my content hostage with no warning, and then demanding unreasonable fees, nope, never again! Do me once, shame on you, do me twice.............

I host and control my own photos now, for about the same price as their $1.99 plan, but I get a lot more for the money.

BTW, as a new user, when I go to their website I dont see that $1.99 plan, only their $400 plan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread