Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I used to do the '~original' fix, but then sent them $20 for the ones I had missed.

Now I just use other hosting sites like tinypix.

-original fix" ??? ... 'splain please, just curious. I gave up using them but didn't delete my acc't. Figured just let my dormant pictures take up some of their server space.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
In between the "JPEG" and "IMG" notation at the far right of a photo link you typed in ~original and the photo showed back up.

I did it hundreds of times at forums where I had done how-to threads. I wrote PB and asked them to be reasonable for use in forums where no money was changing hands. Eventually somebody there listened to us forum users and imposed a $20/year fee instead of the draconian $40/month nonsense.

I paid the $20 so the other photos I'd either forgotten about or just didn't feel like fixing could be restored. But to be honest, I found sites like tinypix to be easier to use.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Had they been "reasonable" to begin with I probably would have subscribed.
However, after holding my images "hostage" without notice, its "one strike - you're OUT" and I will never even consider using Photosuckit again! Their "ethics" dont meet my requirements.

They actually did me a favor, they forced me to find my own solution that doesnt rely on other companies. I already hosted my own website and email domain, adding a photo-gallery with BBCode support wasnt rocket science.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    In between the "JPEG" and "IMG" notation at the far right of a photo link you typed in ~original and the photo showed back up.

I did it hundreds of times at forums where I had done how-to threads. I wrote PB and asked them to be reasonable for use in forums where no money was changing hands. Eventually somebody there listened to us forum users and imposed a $20/year fee instead of the draconian $40/month nonsense.

I paid the $20 so the other photos I'd either forgotten about or just didn't feel like fixing could be restored. But to be honest, I found sites like tinypix to be easier to use.
    Yeah I think I only used them once before moving to Tiny. I wish this forum could get all the old photos back. Much history lost.
    Wonder if Firefox has an add-on?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Had they been "reasonable" to begin with I probably would have subscribed.
    However, after holding my images "hostage" without notice, its "one strike - you're OUT" and I will never even consider using Photosuckit again! Their "ethics" dont meet my requirements.

They actually did me a favor, they forced me to find my own solution that doesnt rely on other companies. I already hosted my own website and email domain, adding a photo-gallery with BBCode support wasnt rocket science.
    That's what I did too. But, I never went back and replaced my old pics. I just do that whenever I happen to stumble upon an old post.

Reactions: mikepetro

mikepetro

Vape Geek
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Newport News, Virginia, United States
    Yeah I think I only used them once before moving to Tiny. I wish this forum could get all the old photos back. Much history lost.
    Wonder if Firefox has an add-on?
    Not only this forum, but thousands of forums across the web lost tons of valuable history.

IMHO this was a historical event, it killed very valuable archives across just about every genre that exists.

The lesson being, never rely on a free source to host data you consider to be invaluable!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread