For those thinking about trying Halo juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejo

Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I am currently on my second day of vaping through my variety sampler, and am very much in love with the clean, true flavors that Halo has provided in their juices.

If you've been on the fence and are thinking of trying some of these juices, I've put together a few reviews of the ones that I've tried so far, and will be doing the rest as I get to them.

The reviews are also available on my website (see sig), where the new ones will appear as well when reviewed.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-reviews/239879-halos-tiki-juice.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-reviews/239702-halo-malibu-menthol.html

For the TLDR crowd, these are absolutely the best juices I have had the pleasure of vaping. Congrats and thank you to the Halo crew for providing a truly superior product!

Vape on guys and gals!

MikeInNYC

Oct 17, 2011
NYC, NY
Tiki Juice, Malibu, Torque and Tribeca are all in my regular rotation. I haven't tried many juice vendors, but Halo and Ms Ts are my two go-to's.

Edit - after reading your reviews (which are very good and well thought out), I can only add this: The labels on the bottles will rub off. The halo logo and all that is fine, but the lot number, nic level, flavor name and all that other information will rub off after a week or two - it's happened to 4 bottles of mine so far, but a sharpie quickly fixes this.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I'm hammerin' Menthol Ice all day, happy as a clam. It took me a lot of trial and error before finally finding this smooth satisfying juice. Made completely in the US with strict QC, the price suddenly seems very fair. I just wish there was bulk quantity and pricing 'cause I know I'll be using it for the foreseeable future.

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
I hear you man, got the same sampler pack a couple days ago. I haven't been blown away from a juice (or juices for that matter) a while. Not a fan of tobacco flavors(because all the ones I've tried sucked), but Torque56 is the best tasting juice I've vaped. Its like actually smoking a tasty cigar like swisher sweets or something. The smokiness is sooo prevalent, kinda like a cedar but a little sweet. Tiki is great too, kinda like walking through a cigar shop like Tinder Box. I can't wait to get an epipemod!

I've always wanted to buy from Halo, but I've always had the thinking that if the site looks to good, the juice probably is not. This is definitely not the case! Quality all around.

Last edited:

stevejo

Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I'm just about through both bottles that I started with now (I usually only keep two cartos in service at a time, and am enjoying these juices to much to wash em out) and have found a cool little 'mod' to the bottles to keep them readable.

I take a razor blade (I work at a car lot, so these are just sitting around) and cut two vertical lines in the label. I took a phonecam pic of this to illustrate.

2011-11-17_10-21-13_150.jpg

This allows me to see the level of juice in the bottle. I then take some clear tape and wrap around the whole bottle, which holds the label in place and should keep the wording from rubbing off.

Lochstar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2008
MN, USA
I'm gonna be the contrarian here and say if you haven't tried Halo Juice... don't! (until you've tried about 5 others)... lol. That way you can fully appreciate the difference between Halo and other juice suppliers. I honestly didn't think there'd be such a difference between one supplier and the next, but I tell ya, after Halo, other juices taste thick and, well... dirty for lack of a better term. I actually use Halo to help de-kludge cartos while vaping it.

My main vape is the Torque 56. I like the strong flavors. Captain Jack and Prime 15 are my other 2 go-to's. Tribeca and Malibu are like desert vapes, and the menthols Halo carries are the only one without a brain-slappingly noxious chemical bite to them that I've found. Really, I have yet to taste a Halo flavor I thought was bad, and I've tried all of them. They're all very good or great, that in itself is a real feat.

Really I'm at the point now where Halo is about the only juice I buy, because I know it'll be consistent, tasty, and the best quality out of any juice I've come across (and that's been a *lot*). Hats off to Halo, you really are in a whole 'nother category compared to everyone else.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Well I just got some halo juices for the first time last week and let me tell ya I agree with all of you great clean tasting liquids...and in my 2 years of vapin I have tried quite alot of juice's and between Halo and AVE I think I have found my mainstays.Really like AVE but with some of my setups have some wicking problems with their 100% VG juices,but with the setups AVE works with the flavors are great.Now with Halo I have best of both worlds because their juices work with all my setups with outstanding flavor as well:)

No More Analog

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
USA
I just got my first Halo sampler...oh my god!!!
Prime15 packs a DELICIOUS throat and chest hit.
Torque56 tastes like a cigar (I just wish it had the TH of Prime15).
I need to try the Captain Jack. They claim it has a "reckless" throat hit. It sounds KILLER!

I too have tried other tobacco flavors from other vendors and was so grossed out that it took me 10 months to try tobacco flavors again.

Thank you Halo!!!!

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
Couldn't help but add my two cents to the discussion. Been vaping for nearly 3 years now and I've been highly disappointed by my inability to appreciate the wide variety of juice flavors available. I order these juices and they inevitably sit unused; they never meet my expectations. I've come to the conclusion that since I'd been a menthol smoker for so long that menthol, or menthol-like juices are the only flavors I can appreciate. In that regard, HALO has never disappointed. Menthol Ice, Tiki Juice and Malibu are in heavy rotation...EVERY month without fail. So much so that I don't even bother with other brands or flavors now. Like my ever present Newport from "back in the day", HALO is MY brand, now and forever more.

Last edited:

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Just to add: Halo juices have been by far the most consistent for flavor and throat hit of any juice I've found. Always clean and "clear" flavor with very little variation. I've been vaping Tribeca since it was only available as a sample and while it went through a batch or two of "growing pains" (the early bottles had to be shaken quite a bit or it tasted like unflavored juice), it is now my all-day vape and the only thing I order. It's like they perfected the original RY4 idea of a barely-sweet tobacco juice with a smoky feel that is my all-time favorite analog replacement. I'm looking at seven empty 30ml bottles (I wish there was a way to recycle them) and just ordered two more. Fantastic juice with great quality control. Every time I order, I know exactly what I'll be receiving, and I definitely cannot say that for a great many vendors, including some ECF-favorite "boutique" brewers.

Keep it up, Halo. You've earned a very loyal customer.

stevejo

Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I've now killed off my sample pack, and re-upped with a few 30ml bottles of my favorite flavs (malibu and tiki) and am once again impressed with every aspect of Halo Juices and doing business with the company.

Orders ship fast (I ordered Wednesday night and received Monday, even with the chaos of the holidays), the packaging is excellent (they bubble-wrapped the gorgeous blue bottles, and the labeling on said bottles is clear, concise, and professional), and of course the juices continue to rock. I dropped my malibu and tiki juice to 12mg from my normal 18mg this order, and they still hit wonderful and satisfy my cravings like nothing else can.

This is how every juice vendor out there should strive to do business. When talking to people about vaping and getting them started on the changeover form analogs, the gorgeous blue-glass bottles, clear labeling, and professional look make a huge difference when compared to random plastic squeeze bottles with inkjet labels on them. The strong, clear flavors are great to introduce to someone who is still suffering from 'smoker's taste' and their tobacco flavors (torque56 comes to mind) are as close to an authentic analog as I have ever tasted. Sadly, I don't enjoy analog flavor juices (prime15 really wasn't my bag of tea, not because it's a bad flavor, but i just don't enjoy analogs anymore) but for someone just starting, there defiantely need to be a point of reference. I remember so many generic MB, Kamel, and other creatively named analog flavors that just didn't measure up to the real thing, and turned smoker friends off before they got started.

I've said it before, but I'll never say it enough -- thank you Halo for providing a clearly superior product and a great customer experience!

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
I have thrown alot of money away. Halo was my first juice & I thought everything else would be as good. I love Truepure, Fusion & Malibu. My only other vendor is KBV Hummingbird nectar which I vape about 1/2 day a month(it's my sweet lower pg juice). I am still on my first bottle of it. I have never reordered another bottle of anything except Halo. Best juice made!!

QusieQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Tiki Juice, Malibu, Torque and Tribeca are all in my regular rotation. I haven't tried many juice vendors, but Halo and Ms Ts are my two go-to's.

Edit - after reading your reviews (which are very good and well thought out), I can only add this: The labels on the bottles will rub off. The halo logo and all that is fine, but the lot number, nic level, flavor name and all that other information will rub off after a week or two - it's happened to 4 bottles of mine so far, but a sharpie quickly fixes this.

Enjoy!

I experienced this too, I just wrap the label with a piece of tape and nothing rubs off now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread