for those who get chest tightness with 100 percent VG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
... does adding water to the VG help?

I can't vape 100 percent VG. Too thick, my lungs feel heavy particular if I run at all (rarely happens, but I occasionally). I'm wondering if water doesn't cure this problem, beyond the usual 5% most everybody uses. Like maybe 15-25 percent water.

I seem to have a little sensitivity to PG, too. I'm hoping it goes away. Pins and needles in the chest is the main feeling I get from it, sometimes. It seems like its confined to certain mixes.

I might try using snuff and cutting down on the vaping.

Madmullet

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Earth
Im a VG person when I started vaping anything with more than 20% PG made my kidneys hurt and I just felt off. As of late i'm using the 70VG/30 Distilled water from MBV with no issues at all. I also enjoy the 100Vg from HHV with a few drops of water added per tank to make it wick better with good success. I'm looking for more compans that will do a VG/Distilled water Mix but they are had to find. Grab a small bottle of a 80 PG 20 VG and give it a try that might give you some answers, that mix with a 0 nic too. And lots of water never hurts.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I cut my vg at 15% and works fine for me. I cant handle 100% vg either. I have found more often then not I have trouble with a lot of different flavorings so watch out for that. I cant really tell you which ones as I am still trying to find the culprits.. Its hard on multi flavor recipes. But FYI.. Look out for different symptoms you might have to flavorings.. I think all too often we look for VG or PG only. Flavorings are made up from hundreds of chemicals that were meant for food, not inhalation..

KILO68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Whittier, Ca
I wish i could find a good VG that carried taste better. I have a serious PG allergy and even the so called 100% "base" VG liquids give me issues. When I tried vaping about a year or so ago i did the 50/50 VG/PG and had to go back to cigs because of the shortness of breath. This time I tried again but used Vaperoo brand and it seems to be working fine. I tried a 70/30 mix from evolution elixirs and with in mins had the shortness of breath issue. Maybe your liquid is not really 100% VG and thats causing an issue??

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I also have a problem with high VG, and I haven't yet tried adding distilled water, but it's on my to-do list for this weekend. At the moment, even 50/50 vg/pg can make me cough badly (although not consistently), and higher VG than that has even more annoying issues.

I've read that a mix of vg/saline/distilled water can do the trick, but I think I'll try vg/pg/distilled water first.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
OK... here's my problem now. I made a mix has alot of water (around 20 percent) and VG and I'm getting no vapor. Very frustrating. I think the upper limit I can get a nice vape out of is 5-10% water.

A wicking issue? I'm using a CE4 and I get one OK vape cloud then rest of puffs are vaporless with a little flavor but no vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread