Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I am not sure if you accidentally linked the wrong video or if that was a lame attempt to Rick-roll us. Either way, that vid has nothing to do with vaping. It just a couple of ...... in Wal-Mart making noise.

It has nothing to do with vaping? Dang, I'm sorry, Scott! I actually thought the song was all about vaping....:?:
Where would we be without your astute observation?

Kiyle the Manlet

Feb 12, 2018
Ohio

I can buy a $40 sub ohm device and run the risk of having to replace it, or buy one mod for $60-100. There are differences in the chipset, too. If you are using drippers at 150w+ you can definitely tell the difference. Ramp up time, battery efficiency, and accuracy. However, most devices in the range of $60-$100 are orepre much the same.

But you cannot say that the DNA 200 or 250 doesn't offer a better experience than the smoktech alien. I mean, come on. one is one of the most beloved devices and the other is the alien. lol

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I can buy a $40 sub ohm device and run the risk of having to replace it, or buy one mod for $60-100. There are differences in the chipset, too. If you are using drippers at 150w+ you can definitely tell the difference. Ramp up time, battery efficiency, and accuracy. However, most devices in the range of $60-$100 are orepre much the same.

But you cannot say that the DNA 200 or 250 doesn't offer a better experience than the smoktech alien. I mean, come on. one is one of the most beloved devices and the other is the alien. lol
I agree 100% ....if I'm using a regulated device, it's a DNA. I'm almost always using Little Orca mechanical squonkers. Under $50 all in but I have to build them. It takes about 15-20 minutes once the parts are in hand and they outperform most .
I was actually looking for an excuse to post a vid of this guy absolutely killing it on a $5 guitar. It's not necessarily how much you pay for something, it's what you can do with it.

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    on-fire-gif-25.gif

Reactions: jwbnyc

Kiyle the Manlet

Feb 12, 2018
    Ohio
    I agree 100% ....if I'm using a regulated device, it's a DNA. I'm almost always using Little Orca mechanical squonkers. Under $50 all in but I have to build them. It takes about 15-20 minutes once the parts are in hand and they outperform most .
    I was actually looking for an excuse to post a vid of this guy absolutely killing it on a $5 guitar. It's not necessary how much you pay for something, it's what you can do with it.

Ah I see. He sounds great on the guitar, but I'll bet you a billion dollars that he owns a much more expensive one lol.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Ah I see. He sounds great on the guitar, but I'll bet you a billion dollars that he owns a much more expensive one lol.
    Oh, he does....
    So do I. Why? Well they're nicer to play, they look better, they turn heads, they sound better and frankly, people like nice stuff. Same with mods.

But, does he NEED a $1000 guitar to make great music? Nope. Does one NEED a $200 mod for a great vape? Nope .

Kiyle the Manlet

Feb 12, 2018
    Ohio
    Oh, he does....
    So do I. Why? Well they're nicer to play, they look better, they turn heads, they sound better and frankly, people like nice stuff. Same with mods.

But, does he NEED a $1000 guitar to make great music? Nope. Does one NEED a $200 mod for a great vape? Nope .

Lol I play guitar. You NEED a decent instrument otherwise the tone is all wrong. The harmony between the strings is 100% about the wood the guitar is made of. If you use a cheap guitar, you will get a cheap sound.

I like fenders, but I promise you that you would .... yourself if you played a Taylor.
    Seriously the cleanest sounding guitar ive ever played. It gave me chills.

edit: I didn't finish my thought by accident.

Mods are a completely different animal than guitars. I agree with you that unless you are using a device to it's full capabilities, it's not going to make much of a difference between a cheapo and something expensive.

However, a guitar DOES have a huge difference between a cheapo and the top of the line. HUGE.

dom qp

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2015
    South Central... Ontario
    I didn't pay $300 for my mod because it vapes better than my $40 mod. They vape pretty much identical.

Regulated mods all do the same thing, aesthetic and features aside (which are more or less standard now), there's no difference in the experience.

While it may be true, some expensive mods may have slight performance differences. But are they really that big of a deal? Not for me. I can't tell the difference with an extra hundredth of a second in ramp up time, or the extra 10% battery efficiency.

The reason why I pay $300 over $40 is for the warranty, reliability, and life expectancy.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Lol I play guitar. You NEED a decent instrument otherwise the tone is all wrong. The harmony between the strings is 100% about the wood the guitar is made of. If you use a cheap guitar, you will get a cheap sound.

I like fenders, but I promise you that you would .... yourself if you played a Taylor.
    Seriously the cleanest sounding guitar ive ever played. It gave me chills.
    I have 2 Taylor's, a Martin, 4 Strats (one of which is a '62) and a few custom guitars . I get what you're saying....but you're missing the point. None of my guitars are good enough to make my mailman sound like Joe Bonamassa. This guy in the video is a good enough PLAYER to make a $5 toy sound good

dom qp

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2015
    South Central... Ontario
    I have 2 Taylor's, a Martin, 4 Strats (one of which is a '62) and a few custom guitars . I get what you're saying....but you're missing the point. None of my guitars are good enough to make my mailman sound like Joe Bonamassa. This guy in the video is a good enough PLAYER to make a $5 toy sound good

At the same time pressing a button to fire up a coil isn't exactly artisanal.

Kiyle the Manlet

Feb 12, 2018
    Ohio

What I'm saying is the complete opposite. A good guitarist makes a guitar sound good. A good guitar makes a good guitarist sound great.

I'm not saying that the guitar makes the player. That is certainly not the case. I'm just saying that any guitarist who wants to sound good isn't using a first act guitar with minions on it from Walmart.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread