For you drippers, I have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
New York
All attys leak if you put enough juice in them. There are holes at the bottom to let air in. Also, different manufacturers of attys have different "leak tolerances" if I can make up that phrase. 901's drip the most. I like the 510. That being said, best thing I can tell you is find a atty and supplier you like and stick with them. Eventually you will get into a "groove". Or use cartomizers, which I use, but they seem to have less flavor. Even the most experienced drippers leak.

Stu

Timothy Cullen

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Hanson, Kentucky, United States
the boge brand 2.5 ohm at madvapes are great for dripping i use them at 5 volts giving me about 10watts which i find is my golden spot. heres the link i put about 4 drops in and get about 7 to 9 pulls before needing to redrip. that being said you might look into cartomizers there not as much of a hassle as everybody said and so far i get great flavor out of 808's and the new ce2 cartomizers. link:
https://www.madvapes.com/Boge-510-Atomizer-25-ohms-_p_2745.html

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
Yeah attys will drip if you use too many drops. However with the Buzz, it's much less an issue because of the deep juice reservoir. You don't get juice dripping down the PV and onto your hands. I find with the smaller attys, 306, 510, and 901s, 3 drops generally don't leak. With the larger Penstyle attys you can easily drip 5-6 drops without any problem. I'm sure it also depends on who made the particular atty.

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Thanks for the replies. I have tried cartos and so far can't find one that gives me the flavor/TH I need. Plus, they seem to start tasting dry/burnt in a very short amount of time, even the mega cartos. Salemgold is sending me a different kind of carto to try. I did try the syringe-fill carto that fsusa had as a promo. Same thing - not enough th/flavor and tasted dry after an hour. I made sure it had time to soak into the filling. I use 510 attys. Put in 2-3 drops at a time and don't add more til it starts tasting dry. But I do get a lot of leakage. Sounds like this may be something I just have to put up with. My friend Salem suggested the Ikenvape attys. Anybody use those?

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
the boge brand 2.5 ohm at madvapes are great for dripping i use them at 5 volts giving me about 10watts which i find is my golden spot. heres the link i put about 4 drops in and get about 7 to 9 pulls before needing to redrip. that being said you might look into cartomizers there not as much of a hassle as everybody said and so far i get great flavor out of 808's and the new ce2 cartomizers. link:
https://www.madvapes.com/Boge-510-Atomizer-25-ohms-_p_2745.html

Thanks for this advice. I'll look into this. I also vape at about 5 volts.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Dealing with spills is the price of admission to the lone technique that maximizes everything—flavor, TH, vapor. At the end of the day, that's what it's all about.

I've learned to pay attention, know when two, or even a single drop is needed, but I still have to wipe the catch cup on my Buzz every now and again. Until somebody perfects a sealed electronic juice-injection system, Kleenex will be a necessary evil.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I find that dripping gives me the best flavor/TH. But my attys leak so I am constantly unscrewing them and wiping down the threads and cleaning my Buzz. I'm not sure what brand they are bc I got them from an individual. Have any of you found great attys that don't leak??

Who you calling a drip? lol

Sorry. I could not resist. Corny humor.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Well, I had to give dripping a try because everyone talked about it so much. So I got a 510 atty and drip tip. Also got a mega-atty and cartamizer.

The little 510 atty does have nice flavor, but it holds so little that I'm always afraid that I'm going to hit that burning ugh point. I like to take long, long drags and I always get to that ugh point first. That's no fun. So for me its kind of a waste.

The mega-attys hold more, but I'm still nervous about hitting that ugh point when dripping with it and taking a long drag. Using the cartamizer is kind of a waste, the flavor just isn't as good. It holds a lot, but it does leak.

Tell you what, you drippers, if you feel like it, try one of the 808 cartomizers from Ikenvape. They have a mouthpiece and when you take that off, you see the usual fill material. I use the syringe to fill the thing and pop the mouthpiece back on. Real easy.

With these, you can take a long, long drag, they don't overheat, the flavor is right up there with the little 510 atty and they hold almost 2ml.

Ab has sent me a few different atty's to try, and I was just informed they are on the back seat of my wife's car. I'll try them tomorrow. But to be honest, so far I'm not overly impressed with dripping. I am impressed with those 808 carto's.

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
Can't answer about the Buzz, but my Ego definitely leaks. The cone contains it though, so it doesn't bother me and is easily wiped down when switching batteries.

Hmm, wonder if/how much the Leo leaks?

My Leo leaks if I put it down before finishing what is in the atomizer. If I flood it it will leak but the atomizer holes are directly above a little reservoir above the battery so this is contained. The cap helps tremendously as well. I can put it in my pocket without worrying about liquid getting in my shirt pocket. Overall it is the cleanest pv I have owned.

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
I always over dip when I take off my riva cone. I have liquid on the outside of the atty casing but I never had it leak outside of the cone. Ever since salem sent me my first drip tip, my boyfriend took the extra one I ordered *angry face*. I drip when I am watching tv or a movie on netflix. I have left the cartomizers alone for a while since my first mishap with them. I think I am going to get a connector 510/808 (however that goes) since I have a boat load of 808 carts just sitting around.

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
I drip almost exclusively. I have still in use, all my original joye 510 attys from my first fsusa order. They can sometimes leak, but usually when flooded. I clean them semi regular in 91% iso. I tried two 510 bauway i think is the name of them, man those were like a hole straight out the bottom. I tossed them. Get the 510's from fsusa. jmo.

TT, as far as the a** flavor one can get when dripping. It takes a bit of getting use to dripping. After a while you'll know when to drip before the a** flavor hits. I drip 7 drips on a fresh blown clean atty..redrip two, maybe three to refresh. I take long pulls, the two drip refresh is good for only two or three pulls. I'm so use to dripping, I can do a reload in seconds. I think i could even drip while plowing, or tuggin big trees out.:blink:

Misha707

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
Leawood, KS
My Leo leaks if I put it down before finishing what is in the atomizer. If I flood it it will leak but the atomizer holes are directly above a little reservoir above the battery so this is contained. The cap helps tremendously as well. I can put it in my pocket without worrying about liquid getting in my shirt pocket. Overall it is the cleanest pv I have owned.

Thanks! Sounds like it's doable. I'm glad it has the cover, maybe I can carry it in my lab coat. Any other PV has made a stain on the pocket.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Well, I had to give dripping a try because everyone talked about it so much. So I got a 510 atty and drip tip. Also got a mega-atty and cartamizer.

The little 510 atty does have nice flavor, but it holds so little that I'm always afraid that I'm going to hit that burning ugh point. I like to take long, long drags and I always get to that ugh point first. That's no fun. So for me its kind of a waste.

The mega-attys hold more, but I'm still nervous about hitting that ugh point when dripping with it and taking a long drag. Using the cartamizer is kind of a waste, the flavor just isn't as good. It holds a lot, but it does leak.

Tell you what, you drippers, if you feel like it, try one of the 808 cartomizers from Ikenvape. They have a mouthpiece and when you take that off, you see the usual fill material. I use the syringe to fill the thing and pop the mouthpiece back on. Real easy.

With these, you can take a long, long drag, they don't overheat, the flavor is right up there with the little 510 atty and they hold almost 2ml.

Ab has sent me a few different atty's to try, and I was just informed they are on the back seat of my wife's car. I'll try them tomorrow. But to be honest, so far I'm not overly impressed with dripping. I am impressed with those 808 carto's.

Tex, try the newer Dripping carto's, from iken, way better !!!

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Tex, try the newer Dripping carto's, from iken, way better !!!

So if these are specifically for dripping, I assume they are less likely to leak? I think I have some like K5Blazer was talking about - seems like the juice just goes straight out the bottom. Like I originally posted, not sure of the maker. Would love to find some that hold more juice and leak a lot less.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

I am mailing one out to tg tomorrow to try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread