Former light cigarette smokers, have you found a good tobacco liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
I'm looking for a good tobacco liquid. I have two complications that is making it difficult, I have severe chronic migraines and I never know what will trigger one. Trust me it does not take much, loud sounds, smells, foods/flavors and to complicate it further it is hit or miss, sometimes I can be around those things I can be fine or very soon I am envying the headless horseman. Second I smoked ultralight cigarettes, so a lot of tobacco liquids are strong to me unless they're 'light' liquids. Experimenting with diluting the the tobacco flavors but it's pretty hit or miss.

Any former light smokers find a good lights flavor or any success with diluting standard tobacco flavors?

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
DIYFlavorshack has one called Magic Puff that is almost no taste. The longer is sat though, the more of a slight, pleasant flavor came through. I also got some of the Cowgirl DIY flavor and mixed it at 15%. 5 or 10% might suit you.

I get migraine aura but not the headache thank God. Seems to be triggered by nicotine or caffeine but could be food.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
Doral Ultra lights former smoker here...try Pure Tobacco, low strength (4) from Smokingrevolution.com

Couple questions, just to comfirm the site you're talking about has a green logo correct? (the link didn't work, googled them and there two shops using that name, one has ecig at the end of the site url, second has usa which is the site I pretty sure the one you reference)

Second how much eliquid are they selling? I didn't see mls in the description, but I may have overlooked it somehow?

Thanks for the tip Paul, and at least I can envy a person instead of a fictional character now. :p I'm waiting to get my first appointment with a new doctor to hopefully get Botox therapy

Last edited:

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
I am getting quite literally desperate, I love vaping, it gives me the sensation of smoking that I very very much enjoyed and a good tobacco liquid gives me the flavor I enjoyed. Yes, I like how smoking tasted, I still do but vaping offers all that without the side effects. If I can't find a liquid that's flavor isn't overpowering (triggering a migraine) I know I will go back to cigarettes, at least part time, and I do not want that.

There seems to be a million vendor sites, eliquid is profitable. I have searched for hours tonight alone. I currently use Word Up Wins a ton Light in a 70/30 blend. Purely on flavor it's okay, but it doesn't trigger and obviously that is HUGE in my book. However I go through a lot of liquid, so if I can buy bulk I don't mind paying more for a quality liquid, but they only sell upto 50ml bottles for $27, I go through that in 4-6 weeks.

So in a nutshell I am looking for recommendations for good 'lights' style tobacco pg/vg liquid, that is either available in bulk (120ml range) or is more affordable (based on how much I go through).

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I am getting quite literally desperate, I love vaping, it gives me the sensation of smoking that I very very much enjoyed and a good tobacco liquid gives me the flavor I enjoyed. Yes, I like how smoking tasted, I still do but vaping offers all that without the side effects. If I can't find a liquid that's flavor isn't overpowering (triggering a migraine) I know I will go back to cigarettes, at least part time, and I do not want that.

There seems to be a million vendor sites, eliquid is profitable. I have searched for hours tonight alone. I currently use Word Up Wins a ton Light in a 70/30 blend. Purely on flavor it's okay, but it doesn't trigger and obviously that is HUGE in my book. However I go through a lot of liquid, so if I can buy bulk I don't mind paying more for a quality liquid, but they only sell upto 50ml bottles for $27, I go through that in 4-6 weeks.

So in a nutshell I am looking for recommendations for good 'lights' style tobacco pg/vg liquid, that is either available in bulk (120ml range) or is more affordable (based on how much I go through).

Hi Sally. I smoked Virginia Slims for more than 30 yrs, and VS ultra-lights for the last 20. I'm using an 85%-PG Virginia from MyFreedomSmokes, and it's by far the best e-juice I've tried, in fact it's really the ONLY e-juice I like. It has a pretty good throat hit, which is important to me, but even with that, it doesn't choke me or make me cough; I started smoking the ultra-lights because the lights made me cough up a lung with every drag, so I know what you're talking about. This is a very light taste, this Virginia, but really good.

If you find that too much PG bothers you, they also have a VG version of it, which is just as tasty, just has a lighter throat hit, and seems smoother -- I prefer it rough n tough with the PG, but that's just what I need in order to stay smoke-free; others apparently like VG ejuice a lot better than I do.

Anyway, it's just myfreedomsmokes.com if you want to try it. To me it's not only the best, but the ONLY ejuice that consistently tastes good to me; the flavor really is reminiscent of Virginia Slims cigarettes, very mild and smooth.

Andria

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Closest thing to light or ultra-light cigarettes that I have experienced is actually unflavored. You can get unflavored or flavorless liquid from most vendors in your nic strength. Surprisingly enough although its called flavorless or unflavored, it does still have a taste and is very close to that of smoking light/ultralight cigs :) '

In your case it may be ideal for a try since it is only the base ingredients with no potential for new flavors/smells that may send you into migraine hell.

Good luck :) Happy Vaping!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
PS - for bulk, if your preferred vendor does not offer flavorless or a large supply fairly cheap - USP Nicotine Solutions if you prefer 100%PG or 100% VG order direct in your preferred strength or dilute yourself to preferred nic level with your PG/VG ratio of choice. (500ml of 12mg nic 100% VG is only 20 smackers - cant beat it :) )

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I go through a lot of liquid, so if I can buy bulk I don't mind paying more for a quality liquid, but they only sell upto 50ml bottles for $27, I go through that in 4-6 weeks.

I meant to add and just forgot, myfreedomsmokes has their juice in any size from 10ml to 500ml -- the larger sizes offer EXCELLENT price per ml -- the next time I order, instead of their 60ml for $25.99, I was going to get their 125ml for $44.99. The 250ml is $81.99, and the 500ml is $129.99.

Andria

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
Thank guys for the suggestions. I tried Dark Horse and didn't care for it. I have had problems with 50/50 liquids in the past, that much vg makes me cough, but I found a sample liquid site that sells 1ml samples, some of which only come in 50/50 samples (but the sites offer higher pg). If I can tolerate the samples, I will try goodejuice's wrangler light since I'm interested in NETs.

For right now I'm going to give US Lights from MFS a try and get a sample of their W Tobacco. One thing I found is they have a brand comparison chart, I think that is such a good idea for new vapers.

Sidenote: I primarily smoked Winston Lights/UL, I've noticed not a lot of sites offer a winston type liquids, if they do I'm unsure unless it's an obvious name. (ex. W, Wins a ton, Windstone) I know Turkish Tobbaco/Dessert is close to camel, Virginia tobacco = Virginia Slims, USA or Cowboy references = Marlboro. I've tried to find out what kind of tobacco is used for Winston cigs but couldn't find it stated anywhere, anyone happen to know?

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Thank guys for the suggestions. I tried Dark Horse and didn't care for it. I have had problems with 50/50 liquids in the past, that much vg makes me cough, but I found a sample liquid site that sells 1ml samples, some of which only come in 50/50 samples (but the sites offer higher pg). If I can tolerate the samples, I will try goodejuice's wrangler light since I'm interested in NETs.

For right now I'm going to give US Lights from MFS a try and get a sample of their W Tobacco. One thing I found is they have a brand comparison chart, I think that is such a good idea for new vapers.

Sidenote: I primarily smoked Winston Lights/UL, I've noticed not a lot of sites offer a winston type liquids, if they do I'm unsure unless it's an obvious name. (ex. W, Wins a ton, Windstone) I know Turkish Tobbaco/Dessert is close to camel, Virginia tobacco = Virginia Slims, USA or Cowboy references = Marlboro. I've tried to find out what kind of tobacco is used for Winston cigs but couldn't find it stated anywhere, anyone happen to know?

I'm not really sure, to be honest; I smoked those, well, really, regular Winstons or Winston 100s, before I smoked the Slims. I always liked that they weren't nearly as sweet as Marlboro. Might be some type of NC tobacco, just a less sweet blend. There's a tobacco varietal called "Burleigh" or "Burley" that I've heard described as strong, a bit coarse, found in cheaper cigars; there may be some of that in Winston's, because the thing I liked about Winstons was how "in your face" they were, really strong and strong-tasting.

One thing I love about MFS is that the Virginia I get from them is good right out of the mailbox, and stays just as good if not better, through the whole bottle. If you have problems with VG (I do too, it feels like a hairball I can't get rid of), then their PG blend is definitely the one you want; it doesn't give me any of that weird feeling in the chest that I get from high VG juices; comparing the PG or VG Virginia, the PG has a lot more flavor and throat hit. It's pretty thin though, so if you have bottom coil clearos, you have to watch for leaks; I've had leak problems like mad, but I think I've finally got the right amount of wick to stop leaks, but not give dry hits.

Andria

annecat5

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
Rolla, MO
I'm looking for a good tobacco liquid.

I had such a hard time finding a tobacco flavor that I really liked. I needed something to take the place of my regular cigarette after meals or when I was really craving one. I found an e-liquid just called "tobacco" by Hangsen that I really love. It's my "go to" flavor and I use it all the time. You know that amazing tobacco smell that you get when you first open a pack of cigarettes...that sweet, rich aroma? That's what this stuff tastes like! I has almost a slight honey undertone to it and comes in 8, 18 and 24 mg. Really good, smooth stuff. :)

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle

I was down to 5 cigs a day, pall mall ultralights.

Had ordered from halo, discovered that 12 mg too strong, and also get sick with too much pg (which halo uses).

BUT, I am not one to let juice go to waste.

Ordered 0nic 20/80 pg/vg from mt baker vapor (though you could get some vg from Walmart). I usually vape around 65/35 ranging now to 50/50.

Took Turkish Tobacco 12 mg, mixed with Tiki Juice 0 mg (a mistake order, but REALLY GOOD together), mixed with the plain juice. Gets better with time, but also good to go when shaken (shake for 2 minutes, watch for the tiny bubbles to form). Proportions 1/3 Turkish, 1/3 tiki juice, 1/3 plain juice.

Tribecca is also good, on it's own, or spiked with some other flavors. On its own, 2/3 tribecca to 1/3 plain juice (if 6mg). If 12 mg, add some 0mg - 1/3 12 mg, 1/3 0mg, 1/3 plain juice.

I also used this with their voodoo @ 6 mg, it's also excellent.

Their flavor is strong, and you can cut it down. I personally like tribecca with a little Belgian cocoa, so mix with the plain juice, comes out to about 65/35 or 70/39. Since they din't give you their recipes, BUT the flavors maintain when cut by at least 1/3 vg, they must be using a LOT of pg.

The best tobacco flavors I have found (really like the Turkish mixed with Tiki! But win't be ordering from halo again, am slowly leaving the tobacco flavors behind, and have over 30 mls of tribecca to use).

The juice comes out at around 3 mg. You still get throat hit, and halo really does have some of the best tobacco flavors around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread