Status
Not open for further replies.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
I've always liked this guy Richard Carmona, and here he is is doing another good thing. Unfirtunatly, no one is listening to him., Another vape-ban in the works, this one closer to home for me.

Coconino County aims to put more teeth in ban on e-cigarettes in public places - ktar.com

Carmona: "I understand the struggle of people trying to fit it into a complex society. ‘It looks like a cigarette, so why don't we just regulate like a cigarette? But then there's the negative consequences."

The consequence of banning e-cigarettes in public spaces is that people no longer have access to something that reduces their tobacco use.

Read more:
Coconino County aims to put more teeth in ban on e-cigarettes in public places - ktar.com

swampergene

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Slatington, PA, USA
Nice to see some common sense :)

The last line of the story though, regarding regulation, is becoming something that really ticks me off lately:

"We're committed to that, we feel that no one should be exposed to carcinogens if they don't wish to."

I mean, these people spout this crap off like if it wasn't for us folks in the world who for one reason or another spout sinister clouds from our faces, cancer wouldn't exist.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Nice to see some common sense :)

The last line of the story though, regarding regulation, is becoming something that really ticks me off lately:

"We're committed to that, we feel that no one should be exposed to carcinogens if they don't wish to."

I mean, these people spout this crap off like if it wasn't for us folks in the world who for one reason or another spout sinister clouds from our faces, cancer wouldn't exist.

Carmona was a huge supporter against second hand smoke..... which past and recent studies show no carcinogens.

"The debate is over. The science is clear: Secondhand smoke is not a mere annoyance, but a serious health hazard." The report encouraged the adoption of indoor smoking bans and noted that such bans did not appear to have a harmful economic effect on bars and restaurants. After leaving office, Carmona testified before Congress that the Bush Administration had tried for years to "water down" his findings on the dangers of secondhand smoke, and had pressured him not to testify in the tobacco industry's racketeering trial.

In earlier testimony before the U.S. Congress, Carmona stated that he would not object to a ban on all tobacco products "if Congress chose to go that way." The Bush Administration distanced itself from this statement.

Wikipedia ...but I recall the statements at the time.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Carmona, like everyone else involved in these large organizations, be it Big E Cig, BP, BT, TC or the Alphabet Brigade is earning a paycheck. I would hope that he understands how valuable vaping is for people trying to quit smoking. I personally believe the SHS argument was way overblown as well as the misinformation about other STs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread