--Forum outage - back online now ---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hello all, I am really sorry about the last couple of days - we have outgrown the hosting environment!

I have persuaded the current hosts to allow us back online, minus a few features. In the meantime I will be migrating the forum to a new host, hopefully without any further interruptions to service.

Once again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and hope no-one experienced too bad withdrawal symptoms!

I will keep you posted on future developments.

SmokeyJoe

Last edited:

sixstring

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2008
SW Ga. USA
www.kdpconline.com
Hello all, I am really sorry about the last couple of days - we have outgrown the hosting environment!

I have persuaded the current hosts to allow us back online, minus a few features. In the meantime I will be migrating the forum to a new host, hopefully without any further interruptions to service.

Once again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and hope no-one experienced too bad withdrawal symptoms!

SmokeyJoe

Just please tell us that all of this irreplaceable data is backed up!!!

Thought I was gonna lose what's left of my mind!

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
woo! i was beginning to worry that the other forum was going to crash and we would all be lost in the wind...

Haha, just be gentle with ECF over the next few days. Spread your weight out - crawl on all fours - and don't talk too loud :D

Sexi

ECF Veteran
Wow, I to am new & got the error message trying to log on last night & then went searching for more forums to find the other one. Glad this is back up now. Thanks Smokey BUNCHES {{{{Smokey}}}}

I do agree with a suggestion on the other forum, I just looked & see no member list, other than clicking on each name from a post & seeing what info is there...... could we start a thread & put in our AIM, ICQ, MSN, yahoo, gmail, addresses & names so we could add them to our buddy list, address book etc & keep in touch if this or anything else even happenes again? I remembered a few of the supplier websites as I had them book marked & that is how I found the other forum.

I for one enjoy this forum being USA, UK & everyone else from anywhere, lot of knowledge out there & it just goes to prove that if "the whole world was like some forums & get along, talk, discuss & be friends" the world would be such a better place for us all.

{{{for all of you}}}
Teresa

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Oh thank god.....I've been lying under the Christmas tree in the fetal position sobbing :cry:

Okay, well not really, but it's really weird when something like this forum goes south. I don't use it all the time, I could live without it, but DAMN was I bored on the PC in the last couple days!!

SmokeyJoe

Smokey, do you have any .htaccess filtering going on out of curiosity? Because I run a server/messageboard as well, and the bots out there can really cause serious havoc with CPU loads on dynamic sites.

My loads plummeted (especially the spikes) after instituting some serious filtering, which lets the good in and keeps the bad out. It makes quite a difference.

You can PM me if interested in obtaining my filter rules.

Last edited:

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Haha, just be gentle with ECF over the next few days. Spread your weight out - crawl on all fours - and don't talk too loud :D

Oh... I mean no disrespect to KingSmoke or you... these forums are great and anyone I run into who is new to e-smokes, I send to both places. I have gotten a couple of emails from people who were shocked to see that there is a community and that we can co-exist between two forums happily.:thumb:

I have no problem supporting both sites as they are both well moderated and the users all seem to be very respectful of the rules and each other. I also have no problem supporting other suppliers. There is plenty to go around.

Tetsab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2008
East Sussex, UK
Oh, I'm soooooo glad we're back and all right. Trog has been an absolute star letting all us cold, wet, shivering refugees have a little corner to huddle in - and we have! If not in droves at least enough to conclusively prove how much we missed this beyond ANY doubt at all.

There's even been a Poll started to establish for whether the shock of deprivation has made anyone decide that actually ECF is in fact MORE addictive than nicotine!! :lol::lol:

Well, I'd better tiptoe off gently now and maybe just lurk for the rest of the evening so as not to put too much strain on the poor old dear...

Seriously though, great to be back :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread