FORZ TX80 | TX80 RDA----RUGGED TO GO EVERYWHERE

The first vaping device with all-around protection, the FORZ TX80 Kit is waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof. Using GTR coils and the newest feature
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
  2. Ego Style
Status
Not open for further replies.

TELiNDUS

Feb 9, 2021
Hi!
I will tell my story by looking at the reviews, reviews, happily bought the new product) But as it turned out, the new product even at the moment with the latest firmware 1.01 has at least 2 problems:
1) When the screen is flipped, the "+" and "-" buttons do not change places, and when the screen is upside down it is inconvenient to use the mod, a kind of "raw" problem, I have not seen this since 2014, and then the manufacturer released a new firmware in a week where it was not.
2) This is some kind of strange thermal control mode. I had Vaporesso Lux and it worked great in this mode. Well, I thought what was new, it already knows how to do it, but no. They came up with Smart TK - where even if it recognizes your spiral, then first there is a "blow" for all 80 watts, and then it decreases, but no matter what temperature you set the steam is very hot. And they broke the manual mode, so I take the atomizer that I just adjusted to the DNA (there I see everything on the computer), and I transfer these settings to this device and get practically nothing, the steam is so discharged that I have a feeling that the mod works in 5 watt mode. Neither the TCR adjustment nor the temperature have any effect.

I talked with those. the tech.support of this manufacturer and in 2 months they did not even fix the button problem ...

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Did you watch reviews where the person used it in TC mode? I reviewed it and never tried it in TC since that's not a mode that I ever use. DNA devices are top of the line and much more money than the Forz. Also different chips are going to operate differently. I also never use the screen flip feature on any mod. I guess if it's there then it should work properly. I'm not saying that you're wrong for complaining but to me it's difficult to compare a DNA device to one that's not as far as settings go. They use different chips and firmware. Perhaps some day they will correct the button problem with an upgrade if enough people complain about it.

TELiNDUS

Feb 9, 2021
    That's when I myself have experience of using it from 2013-2014, and I had a dozen devices in my hands, and I watched and tried a dozen more from my friends.
    It was always possible to tune the mod for a specific coil. DNA gives a pivot point, but nothing works here at all. And most importantly, the mod itself does not show what the problem is - in real time, neither temperature, nor power, nor current, nor voltage. Isn't this chip even capable of displaying indicators in real time?
    Yes, I looked at the reviews, it was the beginning of the release and all the reviews talked about these buttons, but for some reason the company did not fix it.
    Regarding the thermal control, yes, I found the oscillograms that one surveyor took, this is something .... Even the $ 10 fees from Eleaf were not allowed in the thermal control mode.

And about communication with those. support for 2 months ... That's why I wrote, what if all the same the company does not care about its reputation ?!

Reactions: Ermolino

TELiNDUS

Feb 9, 2021
    Hmm ... I have three atomizers, with different coils. I will attach a photo of the wires themselves, and calculations on the calculator (there is the power and resistance of the coil + photo of the coil already installed). If it will be necessary to provide any information available to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210127090836.png
      Screenshot_20210127090836.png
      1.1 MB · Views: 11
    • Screenshot_20210127090922.png
      Screenshot_20210127090922.png
      837.1 KB · Views: 12
    • Screenshot_20210127091014.png
      Screenshot_20210127091014.png
      877.8 KB · Views: 12
    • IMG_20210127_090504.jpg
      IMG_20210127_090504.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 13

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Buy a mod that is compatible with Arctic Fox firmware f you don't want to spend the money on on a DNA device. I don't believe any Vaporesso devices are compatible with Arctic Fox. Mostly Eleaf, Joyetech, Wismec. But you have to search/browse their forum as there may be other mods that can use AF as well.

You can find the link to the AF manual here on their forum, where this is a list of most of the mods that are compatible.

Arctic Fox has saved a lot of TC vapers from throwing their devices in the trash.

Last edited:

TELiNDUS

Feb 9, 2021
    You see, I know artifox, I used it. Yes, if I knew that such a problem is with vaporesso with mods and those. support, I would just buy an Aegis solo, but it may look worse, but I twisted it with a friend, and on it - the thermal control works as it should!
    A friend still has a pico 25 with an artifox, he put an MTL atomizer on him and uses it ...

I am already silent about their new evaporators ... Is that where I should look for them? They are not on sale, only order them! The previous versions were all on normal evaporators, and these ones feel like they were trying to "inflate" the evaporator for the AIO system, which is very popular nowadays.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I would just buy an Aegis solo, but it may look worse

I don't know what you mean. Lots of people like the Aegis solo and the Aegis max (same mod but takes a 21700 battery). However, most people don't use TC these days from what I gather.

If you wanna know the truth about TC, the fact is that there does not seem to be a single TC device out there that every one likes. DNA comes close, but I have seen my fair share of people who are not impressed with DNA TC and I have even seen some people profess that arctic fox is better at TC than DNAs they have used.

I have also heard that TC is on it's way out. Some newer mods don't even have TC and I hear Evolv is thinking about doing away TC on subsequent DNA boards because only 7% of DNA users use TC.

Someone once described TC the following way....

"Temp control is an attempt to solve a problem which never existed".

TELiNDUS

Feb 9, 2021
    I will explain my position - there is a declared function, it should work, even if at least 7% of people will use it. If from the very beginning they said there would be only VW, I would not even consider buying this mod.
    Regarding use - look at the thread about Vaporesso Gen, there people wrote 14 pages, together with a representative of Vaporesso, how to make it work (thermal control), although on the Vaporesso website there is still an open access file with errors in which this does not work function.

For example, I use it because I forget to constantly monitor the level of liquid in the tank, I just feel that the protection has worked and I fill in a new portion? Conveniently? Yes!

And if Vaporesso themselves are not able to write the firmware (or rather, transfer it to a new device) so that it continues to work, well, then maybe they should contact the Artifox developers - there a group of enthusiasts made the mods Elaef, Wismec, etc. approached the DNA functionality. Maybe they will order firmware for themselves?

TELiNDUS

Feb 9, 2021
    And it's probably worth explaining right away. I have 3 mods for DNA, I use them all the time, but you can't take them with you for fishing and hunting, they are not designed for such conditions ... So I chose a mod that seems to work in such conditions, but as it turned out, it would be better if I took pico every time (even by default, the firmware works better with the TC), and threw it out after.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    For what it's worth, there was a guy from AU who joined this forum last year and was posting TC tests of various mods and, if I remember correctly, Vaporesso were some of the worst TC mods he had tested. The Pico 75W with arctic fox was was one of the best and even the stock firmware was decent. If I remember correctly, the Geekvape Aegis Solo was OK, but could be better.

Reactions: TELiNDUS

TELiNDUS

Feb 9, 2021
    For what it's worth, there was a guy from AU who joined this forum last year and was posting TC tests of various mods and, if I remember correctly, Vaporesso were some of the worst TC mods he had tested. The Pico 75W with arctic fox was was one of the best and even the stock firmware was decent. If I remember correctly, the Geekvape Aegis Solo was OK, but could be better.
    I have not found this research. Can I link to it?

Although I hope that the Vaporesso brand is interested in its reputation (and I cannot name this mod as a blow to the reputation, as well as the work of technical customer support), but I will know which mod is better to take to replace this.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Here are a few that I found but you'll have to search on reddit for the others. Reddit is a terrible site to search for specific information from a specific user and I'm not up for it tonight.

Eleaft iStick Pico 75 Arctic Fox Firmware 190624 Stock SS316: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...t_istick_pico_75_temperature_control_testing/

Geekvape Aegis Solo Stock SS316L: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...perature_testing_results_geekvape_aegis_solo/

Innokin Proton Stock and Custom SS316L: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...ature_control_testing_results_innokin_proton/

LV Therion DNA 167 Using Steam Engine SS316L Profile: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...mperature_control_testing_results_lv_therion/

Geekvape G-Box Stock and Custom SS316L: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...rature_control_testing_results_geekvape_gbox/

Volcano Ecigs Lavabox M DNA 75 Steam Engine 316L Profile - https://www.reddit.com/r/aussievapers/comments/gjazh3/temperature_control_testing_results_dna_75/

LV Drone DNA 250C Stock SS profile (note this is in preview form): https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...iew_on_dna_250c_and_input_sought_temperature/

Reactions: TELiNDUS

TELiNDUS

Feb 9, 2021
    Here are a few that I found but you'll have to search on reddit for the others. Reddit is a terrible site to search for specific information from a specific user and I'm not up for it tonight.
    -------------
    Thanks for the links! You can really see the quality work done there.
    By the way, I found there https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...rature_control_testing_results_vaporesso_gen/

In addition to the jump at the beginning, everything seems to be fine, it seems that with the release of Forz 80 - there was some kind of failure when transferring the firmware. Because I found a reviewer who conducted these tests on it, the oscillograms in manual mode are sawtooth, roughly what I feel when using the mod (such peaks cannot properly warm up the spiral, and I first get some kind of taste, and then I practically breathe in clean air) ...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread