Foul smelling/tasting vapor from a DSE901b

Status
Not open for further replies.

just4747

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Okay, one more before bed...

I've had similar bad tastes that weren't the usual burning/dry taste. The one I get is sometimes almost moth-ball-tasting (ugh) or just the taste of too many liquids having been in the same cart/atomizer without replacing or washing whichever. Just try a thorough clean of the atomizer (there's a few cleaning threads in the Tips forum for it, or you can just run some water in the top of it and blow it all out from the bottom) and a replacing of the cartridge as well as some fresh liquid. I mean if the atomizer is cleaned well or a fresh one, and there's a new cartridge in there, there should be no reason for a bad taste if the liquid is good. Otherwise, the atomizer you're using could be bad somehow. Try a different atomizer if all else fails if you already haven't. Good luck :)

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
I used to have a mini fog machine. It was an ultrasonic mister that would clog up all the time. I also have a halloween full size fogger as well as a coffee maker that clogs.

One thing they all have in common is they use are cleaned the same way.

50% distilled water, 50% vinagar then flush with 100% distilled water.

If anyone has a clogged atomizer let me know if that does the trick at cleaning.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Anyone ever get a foul smelling/tasting vapor from a DSE901b? Its not that "burnt" taste you get if you let an atomizer dry out...its just a nasty tasting vapor, very strange taste, and it smells bad to boot. My wife commented and said it smelled like burnt hair. Anyone know what may cause this?

Thanks in advance.

MoonRequiem:confused:
just sounds like a cleaning cycle aftermath to me...if it is,itll go away eventually on its own...direct dripping helps it go away quicker...

MoonRequiem

Oct 25, 2008
Washington, USA
Thanks for all the great advice everyone. E-smoking may require alot of maintenance, but hey, it's a great tradeoff from the nasty smell, EXPENSIVE cigarettes (Currently ~ $6.00USD in Washington State USA), and the typical smokers symptoms.

To follow up on this issue, I tried everything that was said here, and yes, its back up and running. I tweezed out a couple of fibers, gave it the ol' "Espresso Steamer" let it dry, primed it with some drips, and its smoking like new.

E-Cigarette-Forum = Heaven Sent for E-Smokers

:D:thumb: MoonRequiem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread