Found a make-do battery container, and it's better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I was getting ready for vacation and a little camping trip and realized I didn't have enough boxes for my spare batts, so I did some looking around at the grocery store.

This is what I found:
match container.jpg
Coghlan's #8746 - Plastic Match Box with screw-on cap and rubber gasket
Plastic Match Box | Mantles, Lighters & Firestarters | Coghlan's

It's long enough to stack 2 AW ICR16340 batteries, and the inside diameter is about 3/16" larger than the batteries. It would probably work for 18650s and unprotected 18350 batts. too.

The funny thing is, I paid $1.79 each for these and I like them better than the $2.49 clamshell 2-battery cases from a battery site. These won't pop open, there's no hinge to break and they're waterproof to boot.

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I LOVE it when I find something "out there" that can be re-purposed for vaping! I'm constantly on the lookout for cheap, dollar store stuff that I can use either in DIY (plastic bottles really cheap that I can empty and use...) or cases (camera cases or game system carrying cases are the best) that I can use for my vaping "stuff." For me, half the fun of this whole industry being so young is that it doesn't have a huge line of accessories that everybody just has to have. The accessories are creative and makeshift and clever and fun.

Good job.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I was getting ready for vacation and a little camping trip and realized I didn't have enough boxes for my spare batts, so I did some looking around at the grocery store.

This is what I found:
View attachment 126270
Couglan's #8746 - Plastic Match Box with screw-on cap and rubber gasket
Plastic Match Box | Mantles, Lighters & Firestarters | Coghlan's

It's long enough to stack 2 AW ICR16340 batteries, and the inside diameter is about 3/16" larger than the batteries. It would probably work for 18650s and unprotected 18350 batts. too.

The funny thing is, I paid $1.79 each for these and I like them better than the $2.49 clamshell 2-battery cases from a battery site. These won't pop open, there's no hinge to break and they're waterproof to boot.

I've been using using those Containers for Years.

The Funny thing is, I have used them For just about everything Except matches.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread