Found a new local shop that has a trade in program :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
So I had a huge collection of clones (mech mods, rba's, etc.) most of which I never used and have been trying to sell for months. Took a bunch of 'em into a new shop that just opened up recently to see what they'd give me for 'em... Walked out with my first authentic mod :) Gotta say, so far I love the Kindred. The throw on it is so smooth, and I love that the magnets are built into the mod and can't come loose. Oh, and I popped a .15Ω build on it in the store... Took a few nice long hits, and still no hot button ^_^ Really hope this doesn't have me wanting to buy authentics from now on haha :D

For anyone else interested, it's Good Smaug in the Dayton, OH area. They have a whole shelf of stuff that's just for trades, and the prices they give (while not amazing) are fair for a B&M shop. They even gave me $8 for an IGO-M clone that only had one side drilled out and a straight post instead of T-post :p (Pretty sure I paid less than that from fasttech before the refund :D)

Kinderling.jpg

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
Congratulations! How many clone mech mods & clone drippers/tanks did you trade in? Just curious.:)

Uhh like 5? A hammer, the IGO-M, an Origen V2, a Kraken, and an AGA-T2. Oh, and I got some Kanthal thrown in with the mod :D I might have to start keeping an eye on fasttech/angelcigs for cheap stuff to take up there and trade for not-so-cheap stuff lol xD

Last edited:

The Cloud Minder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Nice for you, but, ... Ewwwwwww, I wouldn't want any used atty myself. Mod, battery, sure, but you could autoclave an atty, and I wouldn't want anything to do with it if someone had been using it previously.

Maybe I'm just weird that way, but it would be like wearing someone's used shoes or underwear, even if cleaned, would somehow still "feel" soiled.

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
Nice for you, but, ... Ewwwwwww, I wouldn't want any used atty myself. Mod, battery, sure, but you could autoclave an atty, and I wouldn't want anything to do with it if someone had been using it previously.

Maybe I'm just weird that way, but it would be like wearing someone's used shoes or underwear, even if cleaned, would somehow still "feel" soiled.

That's one way to look at it I guess :p Fortunately they have all their "trade" stuff separate from their regular gear so yeah :D He said it was more of a community service type thing than for profit (You can only trade items in for items on the trade shelf, etc.)

And yeah, juice trade ins would be nice... But then again, I make my own juice so yeah :p I'd go up there with a few gallons and clean the store out haha

twall

Moved On
Sep 10, 2014
Jamestown, NY,USA

Just get a new tip. I doubt very many people urinate in their old RTA's. Or whatever. :laugh:

They are, by nature, REBUILDABLE. If I could get a nice clone used for $5-10 - I'd boil the freakin' thing. That is, if I were all worried about that. Which I'm not. Just a good scrubbing. And a soak in vodka. Then another scrubbing. Okay. I'd boil it. ;)

wonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
USA

So can assume you are not a fan of restaurants and dentists.

twall

Moved On
Sep 10, 2014
Jamestown, NY,USA
Testers are about as "used" as they get. Even though they have the little silicone tip condoms - everyone in town has huffed on that thing. :laugh:

Haven't yet sneezed into my Kayfun when I'm doing a good lung hit, but it might happen. Who knows, if I get a genny, I might even let the dog chew on it. "Here ya go, girl-happy chewin'". That is, if I HAD a dog. Naw, I'd just put it through my 'mad scientist' experiments. Like my old disposable CE4's. "They don't come apart, EH? We'll just see about that.....".

Boiling. :laugh:

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ

Used underwear is normally not a problem, provided of course that you wear them on the outside of your pants. :p

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
I bought a used atty. So what? Soak it all night in 99% alcohol like I did. I'm not concerned. I did the same for the new owner of the aerotanks I sold.

I suggested a clone trade thread here so we could all try more things before shelling out the big bucks for authentics, but that didn't go well :D

I don't understand why ECF is so against clone trades/sales :( As long as you clearly mark it clone I don't see the issue... Which clones being sold as authentics can happen now so yeah =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread