• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Found a place to get supplies and vape in LA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mischiefgrrl

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Los Angeles
I swear this is not spam...

There is a new shop in Culver City called The Vapor Spot and I went in today for the first time (first noticed it on Sunday and he's closed Sun, Mon)

He's got tons of flavors for eliquid in PG, VG and blended. The store is still in it's infancy and open to new ideas. I'd love to see this place grow since it's right in my neighborhood so please please stop by and bring him some business! As it grows more chairs will be set up so you can lounge and vape and not worry about sending you outside.

Hope to see you there sometime!

mischiefgrrl

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Los Angeles
It's a store right now, but coffee could be added later. It's right in the center of an area filled with coffee shops and whatnot. You could easily buy a cup and walk it over to sit and hang out for a bit.

I suggested to the owner maybe having some evening activities like an "Open Mic" night for local musicians. He's open to ideas.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm kind of new to the whole vaping culture. Is this a different kind of vaping spot? I checked out the website and it appears to be a great looking place. I can imagine it with someone playing and singing in the background. But the equipment is so much different from what I've seen discussed here.

checkflag

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Los Angeles
JJ is a cool cat. My only gripe with the store is that all he carries for e-cigs are Green Smoke and Premium.
As we know here Green Smoke is a total Rip Off. The Premium brand is ok, cheaper, but he charges like 30%
more than the MSRP. I had conversations with him because I want to see him succeed. Its great to have a
store to go to, but he needs to start selling better products at good prices. It's a tough spot because I am
sure his rent isnt cheap and there is not a whole lot of traffic going through there.

Daedalus

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Internet3
Went to this store today, The Vapor Spot, after calling and confirming they had 510 atties. They actually told me they had the eGo tank atties available separately as well, but when I got there I found out they only had kits for the tank.

Did get two 510 atomizers and a 10ml bottle of Viking Vapor liquid. The atomizers weren't bad at $10.95 each and the liquid was the same. The variety got me, seeing 30+ flavors right there from a USA supplier, and they let me sample any flavor on the new atty I had just purchased. All together $30 for what could have been had for $20+shipping online, and a several day wait.

Will I be back? When I'm in a pinch but they'll have to be a little more competitive on other items to make it a regular stop. They wanted $50 for one eGo USB-pass through battery and $20 for one eGo tank atty, if they had them.

Getting a real 510 atty (no washer!) from a brick and mortar store is pretty awesome though, too bad it's almost an hour each way for me.

this place suuuuucks. They have no expertise and their prices are mad. The guy who works there is nice, but the business is clearly owned by a .......... It's just so 'LA'.

Plus, it's not an e-cig shop. It's a failed pot lounge. Over-decorated, too. The absolute definition of chintz.

Luckily, they will part up their super-expensive volcano ego kits if you need an atomizer. Like i said, the guy who works there is nice, but doesn't actually know anything useful.

edit: Both atomizers I've purchased at the vapor spot were $13 volcano magma 510s. I don't think they have very many of them.
Plus, viking vapor is bland and uninteresting. I have like half a dozen 7ml bottles I will list in the classified when I get around to it. And it's $1/ml at the vapor spot, so you're overpaying for mediocrity.

So VS is nice if you've blown all your atties, otherwise, don't bother...

Last edited:

jacquelyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
California
I agree I am not a fan of this place. I went there after I purchased my buzz pro. I only had lr supplies and really wanted to vape sr. I didn't want to wait for my order to come in. He sold me bud cartomizers( usually lets you sample but wouldn't let me this time. Sadly it was $14.95 for 2. This place is crazy over priced. I rather drive to LB to go to the other shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread