Found a video to mod an 808 cart into a drip atomizer to test taste juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halofan2013

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Norcal
Hey All,

This question came up in the numbers thread and I wanted to share with the general Halo group. I apologize now because this video has another vendor's tag on it. If this thread gets deleted because of it, that is ok and I understand. This video is so good I figured it was worth a try to post it up.

I just did this mod to one of my empty Halo carts and it works awesome! Great way to test taste liquid without wasting a whole cart or tank:vapor:

Modding KR808 Cartomizers into a Drip Atomizer - YouTube

So far I've tested Midnight Apple, Captain Jack, Southern Classic and Prime15 and I can confirm that when you take 5 or so draws, you can then burn up the remaining liquid and move on to another flavor without tasting any of the first taste:2cool:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Hey All,

This question came up in the numbers thread and I wanted to share with the general Halo group. I apologize now because this video has another vendor's tag on it. If this thread gets deleted because of it, that is ok and I understand. This video is so good I figured it was worth a try to post it up.

I just did this mod to one of my empty Halo carts and it works awesome! Great way to test taste liquid without wasting a whole cart or tank:vapor:

So far I've tested Midnight Apple, Captain Jack, Southern Classic and Prime15 and I can confirm that when you take 5 or so draws, you can then burn up the remaining liquid and move on to another flavor without tasting any of the first taste:2cool:

This is awesome! Thank you so much for the tip! I found another YT vid that simply uses a stretched out paper clip w/hook on the end to pull out poly fill. SIMPLE!!!

So jus a few drops on the side and a few directly in the air hole??? Also, BigBen mentioned flavor is muted. So is this drip method not a good way to taste new flavors cuz it could be a muted taste??

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
This is awesome! Thank you so much for the tip! I found another YT vid that simply uses a stretched out paper clip w/hook on the end to pull out poly fill. SIMPLE!!!

So jus a few drops on the side and a few directly in the air hole??? Also, BigBen mentioned flavor is muted. So is this drip method not a good way to taste new flavors cuz it could be a muted taste??

I only drip 2 drops down the side and I do not drip inside the air hole. No problems so far. Not sure why the video recommends dripping inside the air hole. Seems like the juice would run straight out the bottom onto your battery which is why I didn't try it.

I have to agree with BigBen about the muted flavors but in my opinion they are no more muted than they are in a regular cartomizer with the poly fill still in place. I think that is what BigBen meant as well.

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Ok last question...my carto I'm gonna use had Halo Torque in it...if I take out the poly, will there be a residue of Torque taste that will distort the flavor I'm trying to sample.

And then if I have several I want to sample, can I keep dripping or will the flavors all mix together and I'm not tasting the individual flavors by themselves. Wow..I'm seriously excited to try this. Learn something every week in the forum!!!!!

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Ok last question...my carto I'm gonna use had Halo Torque in it...if I take out the poly, will there be a residue of Torque taste that will distort the flavor I'm trying to sample.

And then if I have several I want to sample, can I keep dripping or will the flavors all mix together and I'm not tasting the individual flavors by themselves. Wow..I'm seriously excited to try this. Learn something every week in the forum!!!!!

In my experience you might taste the Torque just a little bit. Most of the flavor will come out with the poly fill but there might be just a little bit left behind. I'm taste testing non menthol flavors in a carto that originally had a menthol flavor in it and I could just barely taste the menthol when I did my first drip after removing the poly fill. The menthol flavor disappeared after the second or third vape of that first drip and it's long gone now.

You mentioned in another thread that you might try Turkish or Longhorn next. I've tried them both (love the Longhorn) and I think either one of them will over power the taste of the Torque so if you try those first I'm guessing the Torque won't be a problem.

When switching flavors, I find that it's best to vape until you just start getting that burnt taste. It kinda sucks and you have to stop immediately after that but I've found that it's the best way to get as much of the old flavor out of there as possible. Your results may vary.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hey All,

This is not a good idea.

If you really want to drip, get a dripping atty. Or use a small tank, Like Nano or baby T3 and fill it halfway...

It's not easy to remove the polyfill from a cartomizer without damaging the heating coil. Plus the thing will leak and burn your juice--and possibly damage your battery.

Just a warning. Proceed at own risk.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I only drip 2 drops down the side and I do not drip inside the air hole. No problems so far. Not sure why the video recommends dripping inside the air hole. Seems like the juice would run straight out the bottom onto your battery which is why I didn't try it.

It will. Trust me.

VaporClouds

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Bethel Island, CA
This is not a good idea.

If you really want to drip, get a dripping atty. Or use a small tank, Like Nano or baby T3 and fill it halfway...

It's not easy to remove the polyfill from a cartomizer without damaging the heating coil. Plus the thing will leak and burn your juice--and possibly damage your battery.

Just a warning. Proceed at own risk.

Actually it is kind of easy to remove the polyfill, i didnt even use tweasers or anything i just used my car keys and it came out fine, also i dont see how a tiny bit of juice being on the top of the battery would ruin it. I get juice on top of mine all the time and its been doing good for 3 months now.
Aside from that though, you really do want to get a dripping atty. This method sucks, its a hassle, it takes more time than a real dripping atty, it doesnt always work and it gets old real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread