found a way to dry cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
most plastic house fans ,,have a "just right" spot on the grille, to insert the carto into..just tight enough to hold the carto without falling out....toking end toward fan...cap off...mine were bone dry after 2-3 hrs...works great,,and fast!.....

now that's just damn brilliant!

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
The fastest method I found (though much less thorough than this) is tarryn spin. I drilled a few holes in the bottom of a pill bottle and tied it to a string. Then put the carto into the bottle connection side up, and spin for about 10 seconds. Gets majority of the water out, sprays your better half and house pets, and you get to look stylish doing it :)

After that I either put them back in the tackle box to finish drying, or just refill.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
Cleaned my first bunch last week- stuffed a paper towel into the bottom of the bottle I use for taryn spinning, put the carts in mouthpiece down and gave them the old "helicopter" for 20-30 seconds, replaced paper towel and repeat. Buried them in a Tupperware bowl full if rice with a lid and forgot about them for a couple of days. Bone dry and they vape like (almost) new. Given the choice I would fill a new one, but should times get too tight at least I would have some reserves.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I watched that Taryn spin video and remembered years ago buying a thing for unfinished cigarettes storage. Its about the size of a short pen with a pocket clip. One end has a hinged lid and the other a screw off cap like a pass through ego has to empty accumulated ashes. The carto fits into the hinged end but doesn't go all the way in as the inside narrows to snuff out the cigarette so it holds the carto really tightly. I put the carto in thread side up and a doubled string under the pocket clip, duct tape around and over that just as precaution and spin... about 6-to-10 spins. The carto is ready to fill and works great. Clean out of water just means taking the end cap off and draining. Anyone interested, look around the house I bet you already have something that would work including emptied ball point pens. I'm frugal so didn't want to buy a lanyard and didn't want to search for an old-style hanger.

My next two experiments will be rigging an old food processor to do multiple carts at once and/or seeing what the Food Saver does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread