Found out the worst thing about the Provari!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
So the provari is a VV device, thats built like a tank and has more safety features than almost any electronic device you can think of, everyone that has tried it seems to love the Provari. The price might seem high to some, but in the long run it looks like it actually save money based on how well built it is and how long it lasts.

So now to the bad part! The worst part about the provari IS THE WAIT TO GET IT! its killing me, i know they have a 10-15 day lead time and that its not provapes fault they warned me, so i told myself ill just order it and forget about it till it just shows up... yeah right, everytime im at my house the status page gets updated every 20 mins, even though i know it hasnt even been a full week since i ordered it. The anticipation grows every day and drives you completely insane.

Sorry i really had to vent, anticipation is killing me, its almost worse than waiting for that analog back when i was a 1-2 pack a day smoker who hadnt smoke in 2 hours lol

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
well lets see that means maybe if im lucky it will be here monday next week, ordered saturday the 24th. Atleast i have my Ego and some LR cartos to tide me over, the Dual coil carts just dont get enough power from my ego to work at their full potential, it was almost making me go back to analogs (thank god analogs taste like crap or i probably would have) and then i got my LR boge's and it was like night and day difference, and my 1.7 Ego cone carto which i bought just to see if it was any good, and leme tell ya it looks and works great on the Ego, only issue is the drip tip likes to come off in my pocket.

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
well jungle agent, the way i look at it, the LavaTube does the same thing VV wise, and allot of the features are somewhat the same, the Provari has a built in ohm reader (which hell why not, id rather have that than buying a device just to find out the ohms of carto's), and as far as to big to leave the house, without the extension its a little bigger than an ego from pictures i have seen, and a decent amount bigger in width.
If your worried about people seeing that your vaping, and getting questions about it then maybe its to big for you.

For me though, i want people to ask the questions, especially smokers cause i like the idea of helping them out and maybe turning them onto vaping, i have been analog free for over a month now after not being a single day without atleast a pack of cigs since i was 12, and not without atleast a single cig a day since i was 11. Ended up at close to 2 packs a day, and couldnt be without it. so if i can quit by vaping so can just about anyone else.

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I have 4 Provaris, 3 standards and a mini. They are all satin stainless, and none took over 5 or 6 days, from ordering to received. That's from Washington state to Florida; about as far across the U.S. as you can get. The optional finishes may take a little longer, because I don't believe they are done "in house". Provape may be a little backed up right now, because of the popularity of the new Minis. IMO, they are worth the money. Simply the best.

TheRyan

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2012
So. Cal
I have 4 Provaris, 3 standards and a mini. They are all satin stainless, and none took over 5 or 6 days, from ordering to received. That's from Washington state to Florida; about as far across the U.S. as you can get. The optional finishes may take a little longer, because I don't believe they are done "in house". Provape may be a little backed up right now, because of the popularity of the new Minis. IMO, they are worth the money. Simply the best.

They are great! Got my satin black today!!

632c4553-8897-bc28.jpg

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
OK, I love the look of these things but is it really worth it? Does it do anything more than a LavaTube or a E.V.O./Akston Hughes? Way too big to take to a bar so anything short of this thing doing my taxes and waxing my car will be a hard sell for me.
Upfront disclaimer: I've never held or used a LavaTube.

That said, my experience with the ProVari has been nothing short of awesome. It looks like a tank, feels like a tank, weighs about as much as a tank (pro in my book) and looks frickin' fantastic with a tank on it. It was worth the money for me, it's my first VV, and without much in the way of disposable income I decided to skip steps (whether I would be disappointed with a cheaper product or not) and go straight to it. The thing reeks of quality and provides an awesome vape all the time. I have the stock mod with 18490 batteries, two batteries, and I don't see a reason to ever have more batteries on hand unless one goes bad, in which case I'll replace it.

As long as you like what you're using and it does everything you want it to do, there's absolutely no reason to buy anything else. If the LavaTube does that for you, rock on man...I was worried that it wouldn't do it for me and spent the extra $100. I don't miss the money and I didn't smoke it, so I figure I'm ahead.

If you haven't seen any reviews on it, I have a review on my channel (click the sig) and pbusardo did a great 30 minute review that includes all the functions in the menu, plus his endorsement, which probably means a bit more than mine whether it should or not. Not knocking Phil, but he's been doing videos a lot longer than I have and has a lot more street cred as a result.

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
This is good training for one day when you custom order a special mod, or one that is hard to get. The wait and the anticipation is now more fun that actually getting the devise at this point for me. It's all part of the fun world of vaping! That said I ordered my mini the second they came out and had it in about 3-4 days. Not that I haven't done my share of waiting for things, but the availability of the provari compared to other high end mods is night and day.

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
My understanding is that Provape has sold more than 1000 of their PV's (combination of the Provari's and Mini's) in the past 2 weeks, so there is going to be a little more delay in shipping as would be expected. When they say 10-15 days they are giving themselves plenty of time just in case a catastrophic event occurs, but have been averaging less than those estimates lately.

Trust me - it is well worth the wait. As Pbusardo says in his review of the new V2 Provari, what you set is what you get. Meaning that if you set your Provari to vape at 5.2 volts, you will get 5.2 volts under load to your carto/atty. We all had to suffer those days of waiting and stalking the mail carrier. But for me it was vaping bliss upon arrival.

Congrats on your new purchase and I hope it comes soon!

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
Thats exactly why i spent the money for it, i like my ego's and they do work with LR cartos decently well for me... but that drop in voltage is becoming more and more noticable to me, and even frustrating as the battery gets low.

Anyone have suggestiong on a really good tank to go with my provari, looking for something that has some size to it... and most of all Consistant, and flooding free... i have 2 DCT's atm (both are the same) and if i dont keep the liquid away from the punched hole, it will flood and leak like mad even when its just sitting around, no idea why though but atleast 5 ml of e-liquid have been wasted from it flooding/leaking.

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
only have 2 e-cigs atm so no. i have a Blu e-cig which helped me cut back on analogs and made me interested in the idea, then i have a set of ego batteries which got me off of analogs and decided to skip the "in between" and go straight for the Provari. surprisingly the blu e-cig battery isnt a complete fail if you put a LR carto on it... battery life is reduced but it actually creates vapor, imagine that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread