Found something cool in a old box..Ideas welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocephus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kansas
So I was cleaning out some old boxes of random crap and came across something very interesting.

6d24f14f13.jpg

Now I am new to the scene and still have not got my riva kit yet but I am a very DIY guy and have been glued to this forum since finding it. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw that in the box was "man that would make a cool mod" and figured I would share and get some insight/advice and ideas for making it work.

I is not the smallest thing in the world but for me as I am on the comp most of the day or in the shop working it just screams "mod ME WITH A GIANT BATT AND tank MOD". Takes 2 C batts and has a built in switch already and I like the finish on it.

Tell me what ya think:)

P.S this is a pic from the website of the company that makes them. I need to get some new batts for my camera and can post better/different angle pics if wanted later.

Bocephus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kansas
the switch is weird. Hold in the switch and it is on, release it is off but it has this deal where the black base it is on can turn when you press it down and I figure it is for locking it on and changing the strength of the lamp inside. I do not have any c batts to try it but I will pick some up when I get my camera batts.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Takes 2 C batts and has a built in switch already and I like the finish on it.
If you need some li-ion batteries for it I've got some 25500 3000mah batteries send me a PM. They are really close to a C battery in size. I bought a bunch to go with a flashlight I got and have some extras

Murdock Ruml

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Alaska
very nice. i kind of started building the same mod. only difference is mine was gutted. the switch and every thing had been taken out. i have got it working but keep tinkering with it. some problems i had were with the connector, it kept popping loose. and then the switch. i still can't decide where i want it. i can't seem to get a switch to work in the original spot. as for a batteries go i never got that set up either. i was stumped on what batteries to get. mine also uses 2 Cs, so i mostly used it as a giant PT .so let me know how it goes for you. cause i still would like to get mine working the way i want it to. here is the tread i started on mine,
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/129434-otoscope-mod.html

Bocephus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kansas
I still have not figured out what to do with the top part but in the short tern I think I will just use the base. I have some exotic hardwoods I might use to replace the black part with the switch and raise it maybe 1/2" and add a better switch and led then top it off with a Tank mod of some type. I will snag a silver battery connector this week.

I will throw up some pics when I start on it. Either way the handle/battery section is really nice looking and it fits well in ther hand. For sitting around the house and in the shop I have no issue with a larger setup that will last a day+.

Edit: I also have some different sizes of plastic rod stock I might use as it would look good to. I might actually use that stock to make plugs for a tank mod. Anyone know if tank plugs need to be Delrin or will any hard plastic work with o rings?

Last edited:

Bocephus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kansas
Read your thread Murdock Ruml and that turned out really nice. Yours actually has a solid steel top where mine is plastic where the switch is. One thing you can look into since there is so much room in them you might look into putting the switch inside the handle right below the joint where the top comes off. I would do that to mine if I did not have the option of removing the black part that has the switch in it.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
The top part is one of the best parts. I would find a way to place the atty connector in the part that goes in the ear... or make that the mouth piece to an atty that sits inside of it. If all you are going to do is use the base, you may as well just use a flashlight. I dont know the dimensions but it looks like an AFS3 could replace the ear piece and look very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread