Fountain V2 Bottom Feeder: Squonk your Atty, not your Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
what is the mod on the left?
That's an SMY TC 60 Mini. Capable little single 18650 box, does TC in Ni and Ti, great screen. Rumor has it, it's upgradeable to 75 watts, but I've not got it to work yet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Flaskmaster

Oct 27, 2015
Wisconsin
Finally got around to this atty. First thing I did after a good cleaning was sand the outer ring/negative connection between the squonk bottle holder and the atty base, both pieces with 600 grit sandpaper. Then lightly coated them and the threads (positive connection) with Vaseline.

Put a dual Ti Gr1 26 gauge build in it, comes out at .16 ohms. Resistance has been rock solid but I have only been vaping it an hour or so. The real test will be after I refill when I unscrew and retighten that connection. Will keep you posted.

Getting terrific flavor. If the resistance stays stable I love it. Not bad for 10 bucks.

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Finally got around to this atty. First thing I did after a good cleaning was sand the outer ring/negative connection between the squonk bottle holder and the atty base, both pieces with 600 grit sandpaper. Then lightly coated them and the threads (positive connection) with Vaseline.

Put a dual Ti Gr1 26 gauge build in it, comes out at .16 ohms. Resistance has been rock solid but I have only been vaping it an hour or so. The real test will be after I refill when I unscrew and retighten that connection. Will keep you posted.

Getting terrific flavor. If the resistance stays stable I love it. Not bad for 10 bucks.

Good to hear it. The Vaseline seems like an odd choice, but I suppose it would allow for slightly greater tightening. I find if I just clean up that connection with a mild abrasive pad (or Scotchbrite) on refilling the electrical connection stays stable. I'm not using TC though.

Reactions: wabah58

Flaskmaster

Oct 27, 2015
Wisconsin
The Vaseline helps to keep the aluminum from oxidizing. There is a product that is specifically for electrical connections, the name eludes me. It is something like no-ox or noax. I used what I had on hand. (Let the jokes begin...)

Refilled once, the DNA40 asked if it was a new coil. I selected no. Resistance has been stable at .16. And the flavor rocks. So THIS is squonking.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The Vaseline helps to keep the aluminum from oxidizing. There is a product that is specifically for electrical connections, the name eludes me. It is something like no-ox or noax. I used what I had on hand. (Let the jokes begin...)

Refilled once, the DNA40 asked if it was a new coil. I selected no. Resistance has been stable at .16. And the flavor rocks. So THIS is squonking.
The gunk you're thinking of is Noalox. You were close.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles

There's no aluminum in this atty. Just saying. As far as I can tell it's all SS or chrome plated brass (interior piece in the squonk section). Nothing's gonna be better than bare and clean except contact enhancer, and that stuff is too noxious to apply anywhere near your nose or mouth.

No matter, as long as it's working. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Woofer

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
kato.jpg

ITS HERE........ordered it Wednesday, arrived today Sat.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I wonder how this would compare to the fountain and if it would be better than the pontus??

High Quality eTank F1 RDTA,Professional eTank F1 RDTA

I don't think this compares much to Fountain, rather to top down pump attys like Big Dripper and Zero Gravity. The vape quality was quite good in both of those, better than most RTAs mostly because they had full sized decks for better wicking and more build possibilities. BUT the pump systems could be a real PITA, with inconsistent juice feed and leaking issues up top and below out the air holes. I have both BD and ZG but retired them quickly, disappointed in overall function despite the good vape. (Of the two, Zero Gravity was the better.) This could be a better pump design, particularly with regard to leaking out the air holes, which it certainly won't. But the top air and small chimney will weaken the vape quality, I expect. If you like the dripper-like vape of the Fountain, this will not be able to achieve it.

Last edited:

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Update:
Ok so I've had this set up for 2 weeks. I have used it everyday(not all day) since it arrived.

Works perfectly and I love it!
Took it out of the house yesterday to go to a vape expo.
Was gone from 10:30-06:00 and vaped like a crazy person...like you do....surrounded by other vaperers :p.

Dual .5 ohm on a fully charged lg hg2 and came home with a 3.6 on the battery.
Didn't have to refill the bottle or drip once!!!

Wishing now I bought two of them....may need to suck up the shipping charges and order 1 ( 2-3) more:rolleyes:.

And just for giggles, I bet 20+people asked me what I was using and wanted to see it and 1 person asked if he could vape it:w00t:

This thing was a match made in heaven for the Kato!!!!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Update:
Ok so I've had this set up for 2 weeks. I have used it everyday(not all day) since it arrived.

Works perfectly and I love it!
Took it out of the house yesterday to go to a vape expo.
Was gone from 10:30-06:00 and vaped like a crazy person...like you do....surrounded by other vaperers [emoji14].

Dual .5 ohm on a fully charged lg hg2 and came home with a 3.6 on the battery.
Didn't have to refill the bottle or drip once!!!

Wishing now I bought two of them....may need to suck up the shipping charges and order 1 ( 2-3) more:rolleyes:.

And just for giggles, I bet 20+people asked me what I was using and wanted to see it and 1 person asked if he could vape it:w00t:

This thing was a match made in heaven for the Kato!!!!
Check out the super hero atty. You can get that one and convince yourself you didn't waste postage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread