Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Let me start with I have owned quite a few V and Zmax's but this must be a clone or ? There is no branding on it.
I recently acquired this and paid little attention to it until I noticed the two holes in the top cap for air intake and the 510 socket is flush with the top. This was manufactured this way not modded. It has a red LED and defaults to 3 volts on battery change.
The number 5 menu is not changeable.
I'm not sure just how low ohms that it will fire but right now it fires a 0.8 Ω just fine. 1.2 Ω is the lowest for any that I've seen before.
This uses stacked 18350's so I'll not be going any lower.
Does anyone have any idea just what this mod is?
1982139_767696033254623_2134686683_n.jpg

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Zmax is really the name for the chip it uses, which is made by yihiecigar who also appears to actually make the mod (and re-branded -- they mention sigelei, but I thought Smoktec made one as well).

Products-yihiecigar,high tec e-cigarette,dna20 chip,vapor diy,sx350 Manufacturers & Suppliers - Dongguan Yihi Electronic Co.,Limited

Yihiecigar does not appear to have a ZMAX chip that goes down to .8 ohms, but I'd be surprised if the chip came from any other manufacturer. Are you sure of the accuracy of your OHM reader?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Zmax is really the name for the chip it uses, which is made by yihiecigar who also appears to actually make the mod (and re-branded -- they mention Sigelei, but I thought Smoktec made one as well).

Products-yihiecigar,high tec e-cigarette,dna20 chip,vapor diy,sx350 Manufacturers & Suppliers - Dongguan Yihi Electronic Co.,Limited

Yihiecigar does not appear to have a ZMAX chip that goes down to .8 ohms, but I'd be surprised if the chip came from any other manufacturer. Are you sure of the accuracy of your OHM reader?

No question about the 0.8 ohms, checked with ohm checker as well as VOM.
The V's were 90 cycle chips not the 33.3's like in the Z's
Smok made the original one

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
OK, I have found the seller, and right under my nose. According to Fasttech staff it is not a Smoktech product, almost 1:1 but not quite.
$44.32 EGO Vmax 4-in-1 Rechargeable 900mAh Electronic Cigarette Health Keeping Set - silver / Euro plug adapter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
They list two with Euro plug charger, no US plug.
I pretty much use mechanical's nowadays so most of my atties are around 0.8 Ω or lower, I used this "Vmax" all night at work last night with that resistance.
o_2013-new-high-quality-vmax-3-0-6v-voltage-e-cigarette-8531.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread